I am looking for Coach/Mentor in Birmingham or West Midlands area

DavidKl

Hi everyone, my name is David and I live in Birmingham. To cut the long story short, I am looking for a coach or mentor within west Midlands area. I started learning Forex about 2 months ago by reading a lot of books and attending trading courses online and I think that was my mistake as the amount of information and different strategies provided was just too much. Now I would like to get in touch with an experienced trader who has the knowledge and some free time to help me out to get to the next level. Of course I am willing to pay for one to one lessons. If you are an experienced trader with a good track record please get in touch with me. I'd really appreciate that.

David

Hi David

I live approx 14 miles from Birmingham and have been trading FX for nearly 13 years with approx 7 years full time

I have a couple of threads on the forum - please check out and do help traders free of charge - but first they ideally need 12 - 18 months of FX experience behind them and then with the same period again I can get you to a profitable ongoing level

I unfortunately do not offer one to one coaching as my method is complex and takes over 6 months to get to a reasonable level and so I don't think many traders would want to spend say £25k plus for that type of training - so therefore spend my time making m money from actually trading :)

Please learn the basics and then progress and maybe in the future you are ready to join in on the live thread

There is plenty of free help offered through this forum's links etc and believe me - its no a 3 month thing - 3 to 5 years are just minimums really and I am still learning something new every few months after over 12 years

I wish you well on your FX trading journey - it is possible to make great returns - but like anything in life takes time devotion and hard work - by in the end can all be worth it

Regards

F

HI David

I also live just outside Birmingham, so nice to see another fellow Brummie on the forum

One word of caution I would be VERY careful who you hand any money over to, there are more sharks in the FX world than in the sea!

As ForexMo says anyone making decent money from trading wont be bothered to waste their time training a newbie.

Take your time and trade a demo or micro account before playing for any significant stakes.

Good Luck

Chalky

Hi and thank you for the lengthy response. The reason why I am looking for one to one training is because I have a lot of questions that need to be answered:) I know the basics of forex by I would need someone to guide me on how to start implementing all of it at the right time. As of now I'm all over the place with different strategies etc.

HI David

I also live just outside Birmingham, so nice to see another fellow Brummie on the forum

One word of caution I would be VERY careful who you hand any money over to, there are more sharks in the FX world than in the sea!

As ForexMo says anyone making decent money from trading wont be bothered to waste their time training a newbie.

Take your time and trade a demo or micro account before playing for any significant stakes.

Good Luck

Chalky

Hi Chalky

Thanks. I understand where you coming from saying that there is a lot of sharks out there. But as per my another response, I'm quite lost on how to put everything in the right place.

Just to give you an example, I have learnt the pivot point strategy, fibonacci and sma/ema crossovers with MACD. I also went through numerous lessons on bar recognition patterns, flags pennants and triangles. The problem that I have is how to put that into proper use.

Just to give you an example, I have learnt the pivot point strategy, fibonacci and sma/ema crossovers with MACD. I also went through numerous lessons on bar recognition patterns, flags pennants and triangles. The problem that I have is how to put that into proper use.

As ForexMo would say you need screen time and lots of it,

Good luck and have patience

As ForexMo would say you need screen time and lots of it,

Good luck and have patience

Hi I guess that's what it is. May I ask you one question. What was your patten of learning and how you started trading forex, how long did it take you to get to the level where you started making profit regularly? And one last question is how do you usually start a trading day in terms of preperation.?

If you are trading intra day then none of the above will be of any use to you at all and it is also doubtful that they would be any use trading swing or position trading either.

If you are trading intra day then none of the above will be of any use to you at all and it is also doubtful that they would be any use trading swing or position trading either.

Thats interesting. So what do you use for intra day trading? Also could you elaborate on why those techniques are not suitable for intra day?

Thats interesting. So what do you use for intra day trading? Also could you elaborate on why those techniques are not suitable for intra day?

I don't trade intra day and the reason those particular indicators you listed wont work is that the shorter the timeframe of trading the more random price movements become. But you know what don't take my word for it just open a demo account with someone like fxcm who have a very good demo platform and then try it and see for yourself then come back here and let us know how you got on.

Thats a shame as youll have more to unlearn.
Id strongly suggest you try and forget what you think you know and start with the psychological side.
'Trading in the zone' will help you get a good grasp of what the market is.
'Feeling good the new mood therapy' will help you find out who you are, it will give you the tools to change/manage the bits that dont fit so well with trading.

From there the final 10% of trading, the technical side, is pretty easy.

the liquidity provider can see all the signals these methods produce, and their order book is more important than 0.618

what you would suggest, then??

I doubt you'll get a reply scholfield because I think he's realised what a stupid post he's made. He's just about ruled everything out except support and resistance and tea leaves !! Indicators have their place , it's how you use the information from them that's important. Let's give an example , Paul Rotter a.k.a. The flipper and one of the world's best traders has gone on record in the past as stating that he uses the CCI , just because 1 person can't use an indicator doesn't mean to say that the next person can't either and Recommending FXCM ! Just google fxcm and fines for a start.
@David , Darktones advice on psychology is excellent as mastering this is the main difference between winning and losing,few truly master it.

You must devise a system/method that YOU are comfortable with not what other people say you should have.

Re. Mentors , I've had 2 in my trading journey , each brought something different to the table , 1 I paid a lot 1 I paid a little and learnt from others along the way.it does speed up the learning curve a lot however you must,must do due diligence as to who if anybody you give any money to as there are many great theory traders out there who just simply don't make any money from trading. Proof via live trade calls and or some form of trading accounts is a good starting point.

Yes there is a lot of good info. On here but there is also a lot of rubbish that will send you down the wrong road for months on end until you realise all that time and effort is just wasted,believe me I've been there.

If you decide to search on here I would recommend rooting out 1 or 2 good traders ( note I said traders ) and just simply study their posts, you won't get it all first time but as your education grows re-visit these posts and more and more will click into place.

Good luck I hope this helps in some small way.

No I do not mentor.

I honestly believe trading can be as simple as you want it to be. It's lack of money management that destroys people. I recommend you learn whatever you can about money management and creating the right mind set before you even consider placing a trade.

thats a shame as youll have more to unlearn.

Id strongly suggest you try and forget what you think you know and start with the psychological side.

'trading in the zone' will help you get a good grasp of what the market is.

'feeling good the new mood therapy' will help you find out who you are, it will give you the tools to change/manage the bits that dont fit so well with trading.

From there the final 10% of trading, the technical side, is pretty easy.

this!!!!

Designed by a Brummie

This might help you fellow Brummie (0-8)

Attachments

• Gold_26-10-2014.png
    Gold_26-10-2014.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 241