Sticky I'm New To TRADING - Where Do I Start?

Hi Guys,

I would like to start studying about trading. Assuming I want to be an independent trader, I want to ask what kind of trading would be good for me to start studying about? I know about options and I think concepts are interesting and I can learn them. Before spending too much time I would like to know is this a right path for an independent trader? or you think other things like futures, Forex or something else is better?

Thanks

One of the ways of successful trading is to learn how to open the position to learn the basic principles of trading and then start to trade on intuition

One of the ways of successful trading is to learn how to open the position to learn the basic principles of trading and then start to trade on intuition

If still beginner of course need to learn basic forex first before start in real account, many source we can learn from, one popular site to learn basic forex is babypips dot co, but actually forum forex also good plalce to learn from expert trader which they share their knowledge.

If still beginner of course need to learn basic forex first before start in real account, many source we can learn from, one popular site to learn basic forex is babypips dot co, but actually forum forex also good plalce to learn from expert trader which they share their knowledge.
This is poor advice IMO, as it implies that forex is the only market to trade and that Babypips is the best place to learn how to do it. Newbies would do well to consider all available markets - not just forex - as it's a market with many downsides. Babypips won't tell you what these are as the site has a vested interest in promoting all things forex. If you want a balanced view, you'd do much better to stay right here on T2W.
Tim.

This is poor advice IMO, as it implies that forex is the only market to trade and that Babypips is the best place to learn how to do it. Newbies would do well to consider all available markets - not just forex - as it's a market with many downsides. Babypips won't tell you what these are as the site has a vested interest in promoting all things forex. If you want a balanced view, you'd do much better to stay right here on T2W.
Tim.

Yes maybe it's only old and poor advice, maybe I am also need guidelnes from expert here, but I think still useful if they still blind at all then reading and learning basic dorex, I think to get new insight also need learn step by step

Hi Guys,

I would like to start studying about trading. Assuming I want to be an independent trader, I want to ask what kind of trading would be good for me to start studying about? I know about options and I think concepts are interesting and I can learn them. Before spending too much time I would like to know is this a right path for an independent trader? or you think other things like futures, Forex or something else is better?

Thanks

Can someone please respond to my above question?

All risky business I think even futures and forex also have own risk, but for me alone still like with forex and choose pair as instrument trading, and because never trying on futures and also stocks hence I will said if forex is better than others, this is only my opinion and choice

Originally Posted by nn234 View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Tough to get a straight answer, isn't it?

Though the fans of any given approach will tell you that theirs is the "best" way to quick riches, what is "good" for you will depend on who you are and what you want.

Above all, keep it simple. If you're unsure, you'll become fearful, and once that happens, you could and probably will waste years trying to undo the damage you've done to yourself.

Start by asking yourself the following questions:

What kind of trader do you want to be?

• What do you want to accomplish with your trading? Is it recreational? Supplementary income? A part-time job? Do you want to make a living at it? Even the greenest of the green knows whether or not he wants to make a living at it, trade only part time, trade for recreation, trade for the action, trade to have something to talk about with other traders (for whatever reason), trade only long enough to earn money to do or buy X.

• Do you have any idea what sort of trading is most comfortable? Long or intermediate-term trading? Short-term trading? Day-trading? Trend-trading? Scalping? (Note here that a short-term trader, for example, does not become a long-term trader just because his stop was hit and he didn't sell; a long-term trader doesn't become a short-term trader because he chickened out and sold too soon. Each of these approaches are selected deliberately and for thoroughly-considered reasons.) How patient are you? How adventurous? Are you a leader or a follower (most people think they're leaders)?

(and if you're unfamiliar with terms such as "scalping" or "trend-trading", just google them)

Db

basically your asking how can i make a ton of money in the shortest time so i can live like a baller.
the answer is be water.find your own level.

basically your asking how can i make a ton of money in the shortest time so i can live like a baller.
the answer is be water.find your own level.
I think not good idea if we thinking get rich at quick time, every business I think need process and progress, achieving success level required time and also strive I think

You need to learn about every aspects of Forex, and also you need to learn about analyzing the current marketing situations.

Hi Guys,

Thanks

My advice is to take your time and sample everything .......that's the only way to explore both yourself and the markets to get a decent match

It takes time to find your path in this game :smart:

Tim.

Tim is right ....I'm a regular at Babypips as well as here......just be wary of everything in this game ........read, learn , observe and take advice.....but only you should be in the driving seat .......it's your money and your responsibility

So take everything with a pinch of salt and walk your own path :smart:

N

Firstly you need find a solid binary strategy which you can take on demo account. Then you have to test it there. And once you will trade profitable on your practise account you might consider trading on a real account, but not sooner

Binary is not the way forward for,traders who,want to make decent money in trading......unless you are an affiliate or set your own binary business up and promote it like many do at t2win !!!!

N

Good to know that!

Thanks for posting this. It is always a big deal when you're starting a business to know exactly how to start. A lot things to think of, a lot of emotions involved, a lot of questions unanswered. Any way, if someone can help you to clarify doubts, then it's good to count with this advice to start the business by making the right steps.