How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,363 1,181
This is one from today using the rising candles method;
12022019WFC.png
found by scanning after market open.
WFC +65c per share
All winners and losers on my blog as always.

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,363 1,181
Mr Charts, please don't go to any effort but can you recall when your last red day was?
No, actually, I can't, it was certainly a long time ago. I know this seems impossible to people who don't know how and when I trade.
Not having losing days is a reflection of several factors, of which these are just a couple.
I usually get good gains in the first half hour and that tends to set me up for the day. I use about eleven different set ups as well as the one in this thread and they tend to trigger in different market situations. If I find that I have a couple of consecutive losers in a day I tend to become much more of a cautious and defensive trader as those losers tend to show moves are becoming less reliable.
I also use position sizing so the greater the unpredictability the more conservatively I trade or I simply stand aside until conditions improve on the day.
I've been trading for a living since 2000 and part time before that so I tend to know what I'm doing. One of the things that experience results in is that any mistakes I make are infrequent, though they still happen. Obviously trading is a probability business and although the future cannot be predicted with any certainty you have to understand how to keep probability strongly in your favour by doing the right thing at the right time. This involves strict mental self control. Some say pro traders don't feel emotion, but that's easy if it's someone else's money they are trading. If it's your own that's different.
Personally I still feel emotion even after all these years, and that might be a weakness on my part, BUT I have trained myself to ignore my emotions whilst trading, so it's not a problem.

hatemypips

276 6
No, actually, I can't, it was certainly a long time ago. I know this seems impossible to people who don't know how and when I trade.
Not having losing days is a reflection of several factors, of which these are just a couple.
I usually get good gains in the first half hour and that tends to set me up for the day. I use about eleven different set ups as well as the one in this thread and they tend to trigger in different market situations. If I find that I have a couple of consecutive losers in a day I tend to become much more of a cautious and defensive trader as those losers tend to show moves are becoming less reliable.
I also use position sizing so the greater the unpredictability the more conservatively I trade or I simply stand aside until conditions improve on the day.
I've been trading for a living since 2000 and part time before that so I tend to know what I'm doing. One of the things that experience results in is that any mistakes I make are infrequent, though they still happen. Obviously trading is a probability business and although the future cannot be predicted with any certainty you have to understand how to keep probability strongly in your favour by doing the right thing at the right time. This involves strict mental self control. Some say pro traders don't feel emotion, but that's easy if it's someone else's money they are trading. If it's your own that's different.
Personally I still feel emotion even after all these years, and that might be a weakness on my part, BUT I have trained myself to ignore my emotions whilst trading, so it's not a problem.
What's your trading setups are based on? Technical or fundamental analysis? Math?

awe

112 7
If there is anyone that has been on Mr Charts course and has been trading his methods I would be very keen to talk to you in private. I think the results are very impressive and I'm keen to see what other traders who have learned from Mr Charts own experiences in their trading are.

If there is anyone that has been on Mr Charts course and has been trading his methods I would be very keen to talk to you in private. I think the results are very impressive and I'm keen to see what other traders who have learned from Mr Charts own experiences in their trading are.
hello everyone, i just see this message. i have been watching the messages on this thread for quite a time and want to get some days of training from Mr Charts. He seems an amazing and experienced trader.
So i would also like to listen from anyone who learn from Mr Charts and very especily seen Mr Charts tradeing live? Has anyone ever see him trade?
Thank-you - Steven

adrian247

18 2
Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-09 um 20.50.59.png

By now, I’ve learned to see the market as an always changing jigsaw nobody is able to solve. However, collecting those pieces trough discretionary analysis, coupled with inputs from quantitative tools, enables to find situations where the risk-reward leans heavily on the latter.

In general, there is no tool or strategy working all the time. But an experienced trader will use the appropriate tools in a certain market regime.

hatemypips

276 6
View attachment 260843

By now, I’ve learned to see the market as an always changing jigsaw nobody is able to solve. However, collecting those pieces trough discretionary analysis, coupled with inputs from quantitative tools, enables to find situations where the risk-reward leans heavily on the latter.

In general, there is no tool or strategy working all the time. But an experienced trader will use the appropriate tools in a certain market regime.

Could you please explain more how to use the data from this chart to better understand the movements of oil prices, thanks.

adrian247

18 2
Could you please explain more how to use the data from this chart to better understand the movements of oil prices, thanks.
Sure, in my opinion the oil market has some conflicting signals right now.

1. Medium-trend is down (trend) -> bearish
2. The up move is time wise old (cycle) -> bearish
3. First half of the year crude oil is strong (seasonality) -> bullish
4. COT data are bullish (commercial lifted hedges) -> bullish

The beauty in trading is we do not have to trade markets with a lot of conflicting signals. -> better to trade gold right now

iq200

330 11
hello everyone, i just see this message. i have been watching the messages on this thread for quite a time and want to get some days of training from Mr Charts. He seems an amazing and experienced trader.
So i would also like to listen from anyone who learn from Mr Charts and very especily seen Mr Charts tradeing live? Has anyone ever see him trade?
Thank-you - Steven
Hi Steven,
I'm not sure if anyone has come back to you. I did the course in Aug 2017 and personally I thought the training was productive.

When Richard came round to my house, he took me through the trading materials, helped me setup my PC with IB and helped me setup the charts and scanner and took me through what I should be looking for and the scanner settings that needed to be applied throughout the day. He also sent me his screen setup and was very helpful.

Unfortunately I was unable to devote time consistently to trading as I was caring for my father who was severely ill and I could be distracted suddenly. My father passed away just over a month ago and I have only started started paper trading this week now that I have more time.
I can tell you that the course content is really good and is applicable even now so if I was going to decide whether to take the course right now reflecting on my good experience, I personally would still go ahead.

Honestly, it's hard enough to trade on one's own so imagine trading in front of someone? Pressure to perform!! It's very very hard. Don't follow the youtube scammers. These people will be trading on paper and only posting videos on days where they seemingly make money.

I've compared Richard's trades on his blog with the charts and I am confident Richard is genuine.

Hope this positive experience helps in making up your mind.

Regards,
Imran

Last edited:

hatemypips

276 6
Sure, in my opinion the oil market has some conflicting signals right now.

1. Medium-trend is down (trend) -> bearish
2. The up move is time wise old (cycle) -> bearish
3. First half of the year crude oil is strong (seasonality) -> bullish
4. COT data are bullish (commercial lifted hedges) -> bullish

The beauty in trading is we do not have to trade markets with a lot of conflicting signals. -> better to trade gold right now
Do you mean that gold price action is currently issuing clear signals? I don't think that it is easy as you assume.