How not to make money trading the markets (part 2)

You sound like one of those people who, because of advancing years, no longer walk past cemetaries but turn in and examine the headstones etc, as if window shopping!
:LOL:

No, I don't do that but I do read the obituary column more often than I used to.

I was reading it one morning in the gym and a friend looked over my shoulder and said

"DON'T READ THAT"! Frightened me out of my wits. :D

Well I just thought it was a little more interesting than the original idea of just flipping a coin and entering a trade with a fixed stop and target. Surely if he enters a 50:50 trade and has a target bigger than his stop, he's gonna lose unless he is using some other criteria for his trades that he hasn't mentioned?

With the idea I suggested, at least it has some aspects of mean reversion in that the further price deviates away from your entry the more exposed you become to the market. Sure it won't work long term but neither will his first idea, unless as I say, there is something he is not telling us about!

Anyway, I guess nothing much is exciting any more in such advanced years.... :LOL:

Just kidding :cheesy:

Sam.

An exciting idea? Depressing, in my opinion. It is the attitude of someone who has given up on TA. I believe that short time frames are random but have not given up on the possibuility that they might not be.

If I see a trend in place, short term, I am not going to toss a coin to decide which way to go. I am going to follow my opinion and trade where I believe the probability is. Otherwise, what am I doing here? I might as well be throwing dice. At least, I would know that I, and all my opponents are all brainless. Trading might be the same, but it is more complicated. Why bother wirh it, then?