• New to T2W? Welcome! This forum contains a list of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) that new members want answers to. We don't allow new threads to be created so if you have an idea for a new FAQ please post it in the How the FAQs work thread.

FAQ How Much Money Does a Trader Need To Start Trading?

Once you factor in living expenses and life’s curve balls, it’s no wonder that most traders end up failing at their dream. It’s funny in a way because most people think of trading as a risky profession, as if we are all going out trying to feed our families by playing the lottery In actuality, day trading can be a serious business and would probably have a better brand if its participants had a better understanding of the financial requirements to play the game.

If this article wasn’t enough in terms of providing you with insight into your psyche, please visit our section on day trading psychology section of the site. Here you will find more articles that cover risk profiles and the emotions of trading.

£500-£1000

is $50 enough for a start in Forex?

I wouldn't start with such low capital. £50 is not enough to start making a sufficient amount of money. You might as well use a demo account if you're thinking of starting with £50. I would recommend to start with couple of hundreds, between £500-£1000.
This will give you something to dip your toes in the market if you're a beginner.

money isn't the issue - its trading experience and talent that counts .........the rest is detail

Start with an amount you can afford to lose. Something substantial enough so that if you lost it you be de disappointed but not enough so that it will bankrupt you. Trading comes down to dealing with your emotions and money is what drives the feelings that will ultimately make you or break you.

If you are worried about losing the money, the best way to earn whilst you learn is by following someone who is successful. Copy their trades, earn some money, learn how to be profitable then you can go it alone and have the confidence to invest whatever you are comfortable with.

I think unless you have $25000, you can't really make good money in the stock market.

Has anyone made it, let me know.

I think unless you have $25000, you can't really make good money in the stock market.

Has anyone made it, let me know.

I think if we have small we can earn small. Example with $5000, we can have hundreds dollar profit a day. Right?

is $50 enough for a start in Forex?

yes...it will be enough for you to learn, if you lose it, you have not learnt yet....you should not lose it if properly money management is applied even if you have not leaned to trade yet.....once you have leaned to make consistent returns you may add more if you can...otherwise do not, not point. Treat your $50 as $50,000.

is there a site that collect all minimum deposit from most popular brokers? It would be very useful.

I know some broker can offer small deposit and some larger, but need a site to compare their trading conditions as well.

If you wanted to start with a very low deposit amount to learn, you can always mess around with Bitcoin. You can buy $50 worth and zap it over to Bitfinex to practice your trades. You can margin trade at Bitfinex with leveraging of 3:1 (i think. they keep changing it). I like trading BTC, its fun and very volatile.

$10 will do, with some brokers like Oanda or CMC you can trade 1 unit in forex, 1000 units is a micro lot which is the minimum with most brokers on MT4 platforms

Start with an amount that you can completely afford to lose because most likely, this amount will be gone if this is the first account you ever opened in your life.

Start trading with the correct mindset and right from the get go, respect risk right away, by having a leverage not over 50:1.

This amount will let you discover a lot of things about you that you think you knew.

Cheers,
FxTurtle

Reactions: NVP
Well, I am trading with the most VILE secret EVAR! I am RARELY if ever gonna say this. If I don't mention it again, I will have to ask you to get over it, because I did it... Here Goes!

NOTHING! NOPE! FREE No deposit Bonuses. There! I said it! Happy now. For once I ripped at the seams.

Start with an amount that you can completely afford to lose because most likely, this amount will be gone if this is the first account you ever opened in your life.

Start trading with the correct mindset and right from the get go, respect risk right away, by having a leverage not over 50:1.

This amount will let you discover a lot of things about you that you think you knew.

Cheers,
FxTurtle

not bad at all dude ............;)

A newbie must start forex trading with at least $100 on micro account to test broker. and after few months they can go with big deposit.

Beginners

If you are doing the trading yourself start with accounts of around £250 pcm

If you are going to use a trader to do the deals for you for a profit share you would probably need around £25k.

WARNING IS THAT YOU "ONLY PLAY WITH MONEY THAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE" WITHOUT IT AFFECTING YOUR LIFESTYLE.

IT IS THE ULTIMATE "HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD" INVESTMENT

guys, first we need to learn how to trade, with a good broker we can start with only $10, I do not see why I should trade more if I do not know how to trade? having more money does it make me a better trader? Money is not an issue went we start to learn, even if we have not learnt yet we should not lose that $10 if proper money management is applied..

guys, first we need to learn how to trade, with a good broker we can start with only $10, I do not see why I should trade more if I do not know how to trade? having more money does it make me a better trader? Money is not an issue went we start to learn, even if we have not learnt yet we should not lose that $10 if proper money management is applied..

Indeed, My suggestion was for testing broker so you can go after it with big deposit.

Indeed, My suggestion was for testing broker so you can go after it with big deposit.

I see.....

there are some a few good brokers around that are not taking the other side of your trade.....it is all part of the job shopping around...it is also important to choose a broker based on how we trade, some are good for scalping some are not because of the spread and so no.....