How many of you know about Alibaba? Compared with Globalsources and Ebay?

skyknight

Hi guys!

I am Dean from China, and I am engaged in the foreign trade of electric cigarette.
We usually use Alibaba to sell stuff. In fact, most suppliers from China use it to sell stuff as well. I wonder if you guys know about it and find it useful? Tell you the truth, I am a bit tired of keeping uploading repeated products over and over again, just by shifting keywords in order to increase exposure of products.
What do you think is the best way to find prospects? What do you usually do to find new customers?
I hope someone can help me with my confusion.

Hi guys!

I am Dean from China, and I am engaged in the foreign trade of electric cigarette.
We usually use Alibaba to sell stuff. In fact, most suppliers from China use it to sell stuff as well. I wonder if you guys know about it and find it useful? Tell you the truth, I am a bit tired of keeping uploading repeated products over and over again, just by shifting keywords in order to increase exposure of products.
What do you think is the best way to find prospects? What do you usually do to find new customers?
I hope someone can help me with my confusion.

Ni hao Qin Xian,

Very few people in the UK know of Alibaba. Although I appreciate Alibaba is a giant in China and smashes both eBay and Amazon combined. I have looked into this only from an investment opportunity so understand that Alibaba would be China’s equivalent of Amazon in the UK. Most of your online parcels are delivered this way and in the UK Amazon deliver the majority of online shopping. The majority of shoppers online in the UK are via eBay and Amazon.

Until such a time that Alibaba advertises heavily in the UK, Amazon and eBay will continue to be the main lines for online shopping and I would suspect this to continue for years to come.

Zai lian xi
Lee

Ni hao Qin Xian,

Very few people in the UK know of Alibaba. Although I appreciate Alibaba is a giant in China and smashes both eBay and Amazon combined. I have looked into this only from an investment opportunity so understand that Alibaba would be China’s equivalent of Amazon in the UK. Most of your online parcels are delivered this way and in the UK Amazon deliver the majority of online shopping. The majority of shoppers online in the UK are via eBay and Amazon.

Until such a time that Alibaba advertises heavily in the UK, Amazon and eBay will continue to be the main lines for online shopping and I would suspect this to continue for years to come.

Zai lian xi
Lee

Hi Lee
Good morning!

I have read plenty of your articles on t2w, and I have to say I am glad that you replied to me, it means a lot. I get a lot out of your insights into the business world.

I don't know if you have heard of Jack Ma, and don't know if you like him or not. Anyway, I think he is quite arrogant and so is Alibaba.
I recently took part in a training of Alibaba called: "how to manipulate your Alibaba account more effectively and how to increase your products' rank within Alibaba". They gave me a feeling that if we wanna do business with foreign customers, Alibaba is the only platform we can depend on.
During which I couldn't help thinking, you guys just keep chattering about how good you are and your rules are changing every month and every year, to the extent that even to learn the new rules you set up can take us a great deal of time. What if prospects from Abroad don't even know about you? That's why I asked my former question.
Not surprised you said that people in the UK seldom know about it, and even you, a hardened professional businessman, think it is more a B2C platform instead of a B2B one.
Many factories in China use Alibaba to expand their business by uploading products information on Alibaba and then waiting for inquiries from prospects, who ARE seeking goods through Alibaba. I feel uneasy about it and wanna make a change, but I don't know what to do. It seems that my colleagues attract customers by the low price and my superior is proud of the fact that our factory is good at cloning... I am even under the impression that our factory can develop to this big just because we struck lucky but it can't last forever.

Who knows what future will hold for us...:cheesy::cheesy:

Cheers
Xian Sheng

HI,

With the stupid policies of Trump in the US there should be opportunities for other countries.

I used to work for an import/export company in Hong Kong in the 1960s. Much has changed since then I guess but trade is still trade.

There is probably a market here in the UK and perhaps elsewhere for sugar free foods like biscuits, cakes etc. There is a big rise in diabetic people now and the local supermarkets don't stock sugar free products. Just an idea that should work and make you rich.