Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

DOW and ROH should present some opportunities today; not necessarily on the particular set up discussed on this thread, but there should be good scalping and good swing possibilities.
Richard

Hi Richard,

Do you ever use this in line with companies releasing their results?

ROH produced a very nice trade of +$1.30 per share. I didn't take a comtemporaneous image, but anyone can check the one minute chart and see the rise, tight triangle and break north. The exit was triggered by the level 2 screen.
Richard

I think I have already said in this thread that I sometimes trade market reaction to news, including results, never, ever the news or results themselves, always the reaction.
Obviously I mentioned these two stocks were on my radar because of the news pre-market.
Richard

Hi Richard

Sorry to hijack the thread for a moment but i'm just after some info form someone with acccess to US level 2. (doesn't have to be Richard that answers this one though)

At the moment i don't have the spare $25k to open a US trading account, but do have my money in an ETRADE account and they do let you trade NASDAQ stocks so i wanted to know if the fixed spreads they have are OK or a complete rip-off compared to the underlying prices, so i can maybe trade a bit with them while i build up enough to put into a separate account for US stocks.

Heres a few example

AAPL 5c
GOOG 25c
DELL 5c
RIMM 5c
BIDU 20c

Are these close to the usual spreads in these stocks or a rip off?

I know i'm asking how long's a piece of string and the spreads aren't constantly the same but just looking for guidance from those that know more than me about the US

Thanks

Hi foredog, At this moment - and normally - 1c spread DELL as you can see on the image I've just captured for you
Richard

Attachments

• dellforforedog.GIF
    dellforforedog.GIF
    38.8 KB · Views: 308
currently
bidu 11-13c
goog 10-30c
aapl 1c
rimm 1-2c

Of course once you know what you are doing you can trade like a market maker inside the spread with direct access.
Also a 5c spread applies with people like etrade (on dell say) both in and out so it's really 10c (40c on bidu say)
I suspect they even charge a fee on top of that !
HTH
Richard

currently
bidu 11-13c
goog 10-30c
aapl 1c
rimm 1-2c

Of course once you know what you are doing you can trade like a market maker inside the spread with direct access.
Also a 5c spread applies with people like etrade (on dell say) both in and out so it's really 10c (40c on bidu say)
I suspect they even charge a fee on top of that !
HTH
Richard

Thanks Richard for the quick response.

You're right they do charge a comm. as well ($28 round trip!), with margins like that it's a wonder ETRADE ever had cashflow problems!

I guess there's not really a good alternative to having that DMA account.

Oh well, have to start saving so i can have two accounts. Shame i didn't think of this when it only cost £12500 to fund a $25000 account!

IB charge $2 round trip 200 shares, $5 RT for 500 shares, $10 RT for 1000 shares.
Trade on 1c spread stocks and trading is very cheap.....certainly compared with etrade.
Richard

And yet another - they are there most days, just waiting to be found and traded.
As usual, entry on the X hairs, exit at time of screenshot
Spread was 2c-3c so the actual profit was 55c per share.
A nice gentle swing trade on 3 min candles.
Richard

Attachments

• 280109ROH.GIF
    280109ROH.GIF
    26.6 KB · Views: 404
It might be worth adding CELG to your watchlist today boys 'n' girls following the deal done with NICE and the NHS. (The latter two aren't stocks btw. :cheesy:) Daily chart attached, showing 5WMA (gold), 50SMA (grey) and 200SMA (black)
Tim.

Attachments

• CELG_EoD_Jan_09.JPG
    CELG_EoD_Jan_09.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 285
I don't want to go off subject, but I couldn't resist just this once.
View from one of my trading room windows - it's what I see when I look up from my screens.
Richard

Attachments

• window snow.jpg
    window snow.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 318
here's my view:

Attachments

• DSCF0471.JPG
    DSCF0471.JPG
    569.8 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCF0470.JPG
    DSCF0470.JPG
    575.3 KB · Views: 229
You lot wanna come and live in Devon - that's what you wanna do. A place where the sky is blue and the grass is as green as it was yesterday and the day before that. Lovely and mild it is . . .
:D

Hissssssssssssssss..............timssssssssssssssssssk

:)

Have a good day,
Richard

Hello Richard,

I have started a journal and I am giving this technique a go. Perhaps you would be so kind as to take a look at my journal as I would greatly appreciate your input. Link is in my signature. Hope that you are well,

Sam.

megamuel,
I can't really spend much time doing as you ask, I'm afraid.
As well as trading I also run a private group and those guys and girls get my on going support and comments etc most days.
I've had a quick look at that trade and it's not of the type I have posted about on this thread.
I'll make a couple of comments on your thread shortly.
Beyond that I really can't mentor you, sorry.
Richard