Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

I don't mind questions via EMAIL, which does seem to cut out some of the silly ones sent via PM (which I will no longer read).
This sort of thing,
"is charting/technical analysis different from proprietary trading?"
What can I say?
Richard

Name and shame, oh go on :D

Am I being thick here?, I fail to see the mental/technical barrier that keeps the pm system to certain types of user vs the email system. and why silliness is confined to pm :confused:

"is charting/technical analysis different from proprietary trading?"

What a joke.

It's fundamentals which is the same as proprietary trading as they are both news reading instruments to trade with.
I use prop trading with my 10 systems and 30 indicators.

Some people.

Name and shame, oh go on :D

Am I being thick here?, I fail to see the mental/technical barrier that keeps the pm system to certain types of user vs the email system. and why silliness is confined to pm :confused:

I'll have to pm you with the answer to that one m8.

Richard,

For all your dozen set-up's, who many candidates do you generate from the day before?

Normally very few.

How many do you subsequently track in real time during that day (ie what % are discounted by news or opening price action).

Even fewer

How do you susequently track these during the day - do you follow each candidate visually or have you further screens programmed into your software?

I have a list of stocks which is added to from scans and often stocks are removed if they don't move much, if volume is too low, etc.
In other words the list is fluid. I monitor them in two ways.
Firstly, they are in a quote box which I can quickly scroll down at a glance.
Secondly, I have six charts up on another monitor of those stocks which need closer attention because they look likely to set up one of those dozen situations.

This might sound complicated, but it's less complicated than driving. Once you get used to dealing with a fluid scenario, and gain experience, it's as easy as driving.

How many hours of each trading day do you follow the market - do you follow the mid day lull?

I sometimes trade premarket. I often finish about 5.30 to 6 UK time and then sometimes trade the evening session as well.
One of the many reasons I think US stocks are good to trade is that people with a day job can come home in the evening and trade till market close at 9

Hope that answers your questions,
Richard
Thanks in advance,
UTB

Richard

Hi Mr. Charts,
Can I ask you about your trade entries..

On the examples so far you seem to be showing just basic directional break-out trades with your entries on the break of the usual standard cardinal price points (25,50,75 &100).

Surly with reading Price action, the most prudent entry point is always on the momentum loss sideways action around these cardinal price points, rather that being late to the party on the actual break as this leaves you more exposed to failure?

The old saying Buy on Red & Sell on Green is very appropriate when looking to trade directional momentum break-out trades.

Thanks
R.W

Hi Mr. Charts,
Can I ask you about your trade entries..

On the examples so far you seem to be showing just basic directional break-out trades with your entries on the break of the usual standard cardinal price points (25,50,75 &100).

Surly with reading Price action, the most prudent entry point is always on the momentum loss sideways action around these cardinal price points, rather that being late to the party on the actual break as this leaves you more exposed to failure?

The old saying Buy on Red & Sell on Green is very appropriate when looking to trade directional momentum break-out trades.

Thanks
R.W

Was this supposed to be a question ?

Whats the point of mentioning Cardinal points when clearly this is not the case and totally inapproriate to the topic of the thread.

Mr Charts has clearly said and shown his method. If you then disagree, why don't you start another thread .....with your thoughts.......or give some evidence as its soooo "Surely.........very appropriate"

If you think its sensible to buy on red, then go ahead and demonstate.

Here Mr Charts is looking for a non volatile, gently trending instrument that is unlikley to go red when he wishes to buy, as that would be the exit.

I thought there was some law in equities that you couldn't short on an uptick....????

I thought there was some law in equities that you couldn't short on an uptick....????

It used to be the case that you could ONLY short on an uptick and not as you have stated which is the exact opposite. This is no longer the case and there is no uptick rule any more.

This is the second time this has come up in this thread and a reply was given to johnnyonspot who first mentioned it.

Paul

Lots of threads around that short selling in the US has now been banned.
Does this affect you?

I'm sure in the uk you can still short stocks like man group or III ICAP etc and i'm sure there must be other financial stocks around the world to short as Richard has shown ( Thanks for your time) there are plenty of stocks to trade every day....

is this thread dead? Mr.Charts hasn't posted here for 2 weeks or so.