How I made £1m from the £4trn FX market 30 mins a day from the comfort of my bedroom

epic fail

Attachments

• Epic_Fail_by_thepaintrain.jpg
    Epic_Fail_by_thepaintrain.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 566
Doing it on just 30 mins a day is like bigger odds than winning the lottery at over 15 / 20 million to one

Now if you had said - full time - over 7 yrs experience - multi trade every day and spend over 8 hrs a day getting in 10 - 20 = trades a day - and can compound and not get psyched out over 20 full lots and then 50 full lots - and was using very advanced MM - with "free trade" concepts along with then pyramiding and peeling and also already worth a few millions etc etc etc

You might have a chance - it taken me over 4 years as I hit the financial wall on the compounding - as using own money - not banks etc etc - its harder and having $10 k and 20k losing runs of trades can affect you big time - unless you have just won over $50k the few days before ;-))

Trading is simple

Most traders then lose - ;-))

Trading to make ongoing monies and keeping and growing it etc etc - is more difficult than brain surgery - rocket science - or anything else you needs years and years of training to achieve.

Why does nobody else say this ?

Yes - can you imagine the industry saying it and ruining your dream............ - No probably its not in their interest lol

Regards

Forexmospherian

Trading to make ongoing monies and keeping and growing it etc etc - is more difficult than brain surgery - rocket science - or anything else you needs years and years of training to achieve.

Many apologies from T2W to any neurosurgeons or astronautical engineers who may unfortunately happen across this hyperbolic statement.

Unless you are a brain surgeon or rocket scientist then how can you possibly know ?

Sorry, misread the thread title, thought it said "how i turned 4Trillion into 1Million tarding FX"

Unless you are a brain surgeon or rocket scientist then how can you possibly know ?

I have a friend in the Midlands who is a Neuro Surgeon at both a BUPA and NHS hospital.

He played with trading and said 5 years plus and he thought he would be OK - otherwise he was sticking with being a Brain Surgeon - as he felt it was easier and not so stressful - ;-)))

Regards

F

No - I dont know any rocket scientists ;-)

Sorry, misread the thread title, thought it said "how i turned 4Trillion into 1Million tarding FX"

Believe it or not that - it would be difficult to do - when ever you try and lose 15 - 20 times in a row - normally it does not work ;-)

Yes 5 million to 1 million - possible if you followed all the Bank forecasts ;-)

100 million to 1 million - it would take years - unless you listened to all gurus and and hedge funds and Banks etc etc

( Yes being really naughty - but after all they are the real rip off artists ;-) )

He said he made £1m "from" the £4trn FX market.

To be pedantic, he didn't say he made it actually trading the market.

So, in a sense, it's possible, by vendoring snake-oil to the gullible in 30 minutes a day.
And watching Jeremy Kyle for the other 23.5hrs.

Go cablemonster! ;)

When CM is in this mood, I get a mind's eye view of him sat on a park bench half cut on Aldi cider with a batch of half eaten mince pies on the side.

I would NEVER EVER leave a mince pie half eaten, trust me when you have been on the front line and seen action like myself you don't know when your next meal will come.

One of those Aldi places opened up near me recently, quite a few times I have been tempted to pop in and see what people are raving about although I may have to put on a disguise and go after dark for fear of being recognised. I heard that Aldi's mince pies are highly rated though. :innocent::whistling

Trainee brain surgeons have a tried and tested approach , followed by most of their profession before them and don't suffer distractions of having to evaluate the plethora of techniques available to the trainee trader. The trainee trader has to pretty much make up his own map. He is not given one on a plate like a brain surgeon. I know which would be less frustrating to learn at least

This is all mostly nonsense and I hope you're joking. Brain surgery is incredibly complex especially when dealing with tumours and every form of invasive surgery through the cranium is a journey potentially into the unknown due to significant differences in each person's formation. There are only tried and tested rules around areas of definite significance hence the considerable length of time required to make it to consultant. I was trading for 2 years institutionally before I was made a senior associate with obscene exposure limits.

As we can tell from these boards, any old fkwit can attempt trading and even make it sound like they know what they're talking about. There's an enormous thread like that right now...

I would NEVER EVER leave a mince pie half eaten, trust me when you have been on the front line and seen action like myself you don't know when your next meal will come.

One of those Aldi places opened up near me recently, quite a few times I have been tempted to pop in and see what people are raving about although I may have to put on a disguise and go after dark for fear of being recognised. I heard that Aldi's mince pies are highly rated though. :innocent::whistling

The lack of denial on the cider tells the complete story...

This is all mostly nonsense and I hope you're joking. Brain surgery is incredibly complex especially when dealing with tumours and every form of invasive surgery through the cranium is a journey potentially into the unknown due to significant differences in each person's formation. There are only tried and tested rules around areas of definite significance hence the considerable length of time required to make it to consultant. I was trading for 2 years institutionally before I was made a senior associate with obscene exposure limits.

As we can tell from these boards, any old fkwit can attempt trading and even make it sound like they know what they're talking about. There's an enormous thread like that right now...

Hi Random

If you worked for 2 yrs trading for an institution - you know how it is like chalk and cheese compared to Retail trading

Unfortunately have not got a lot of time for the industry - for all I know you might feel the same - but I do agree with you that anyone can trade retail and that's half the problem - probably 70% of those who try - should not even be having a go - they are doomed to failure before they even start

The Industry as so many rogue traders and their bosses are just as bad

Really good retail traders will always out trade commercial guys - simply because they don't have the restrictions etc and can read PA better

I hope you have improved since you left and I bet you are pleased that you are not being investigated - like many of the traders who work for 15 banks in the UK are during this last 3 months

Regards

F

. . . Really good retail traders will always out trade commercial guys - simply because they don't have the restrictions etc and can read PA better. . .
Hi F,
I see where you're coming from with some of your other comments, but I'm far from convinced by the idea that retail traders can read price action better than institutional traders (assuming that's what PA stands for in your post). Sure, there may be a few individual retail traders who are better at it than some pros but, comparing the two groups as a whole, my assumption would be that institutional traders will, 99 times out of 100, wash the floor with us retail traders across the board.
Tim.

PS. If you have some evidence to prove I'm wrong - I'd be delighted! It would be a very welcome boost for us retailers.
:cool:

Last edited:
Hi Random

If you worked for 2 yrs trading for an institution - you know how it is like chalk and cheese compared to Retail trading

Unfortunately have not got a lot of time for the industry - for all I know you might feel the same - but I do agree with you that anyone can trade retail and that's half the problem - probably 70% of those who try - should not even be having a go - they are doomed to failure before they even start

The Industry as so many rogue traders and their bosses are just as bad

Really good retail traders will always out trade commercial guys - simply because they don't have the restrictions etc and can read PA better

I hope you have improved since you left and I bet you are pleased that you are not being investigated - like many of the traders who work for 15 banks in the UK are during this last 3 months

Regards

F

Urgh can't you keep to your own thread? We all made a pact to leave you alone there barking your nonsense.

I worked in IB for longer than 2 years... I made snr associate in 2 as I stated, which wasn't unusual pre 2008... the idea that "many of the traders who work for 15 banks" are being investigated by the FCA et al is beyond idiotic. I know mathematics isn't your strong point, but many is a term indicative of a large percentage.

So you must know a 'few guys' from the industry too if you're claiming to be able to read PA better? The odd thing is PA tends to be a result of what prime brokers are doing or what orders they are fulfilling and urh... they are working for the prime brokers? Mind blowing this stuff ain't it? Maybe PA is just a load of ethereal nonsense dreamt up by retail people who buy and sell at S&R to make their work sound harder?

You've got no time for the industry because you had and have no way in, even with a call to Dick Branson. My problem with you is that as Walter Mittys go, you are particularly unsophisticated, making stupid claims and generalisations. You slowly improve these over time whenever it is pointed out to you (avec googling) and your rhetoric now sounds passable to very new traders despite said lack of sophistication. This bothers me. Your self labelling as an expert is particularly laughable. Even PTJ doesn't have the stones to call himself an 'expert'. Maybe to his wife...

I visited your thread recently - in visiting just 3 of the pages before I had to close it you got:

- The London 'close' time incorrect.

- Were using round turn terminology to discuss commission fees on an OTC product in order to hide your ignorance at commission rates and notional trade value.

- Had no clue what a basis pt is on the above.

And that's in just a tiny percentage of what you've posted...

this is a good point. That is one thing that obscures the learning for me at any rate. having to spend so much energy on evaluating what is good info and what is not. The point I make is that is not the typical experience of a student of brain surgery. Is the education given to them more accessible and trustworthy than the reams of **** the new trader can access on the internet?
How is the comparison of the lot of two types of trainee nonsense?
have reread your reply. Yes we all know Bs is complex. The point I have made was not not about its complexity as a job, it was about learning it and the rigorous and well defined approach that medical schools offer. When juxtaposed with a vid presented by Terry from fxcm etc, I reckon the trainee brain surgeon is on safer ground.

I was probably a tad harsh on you forcing a literal interpretation, but I stand by the fact there is little comparison. The best traders tend to be quite intelligent, quite charismatic, quite greedy, quite ballsy (the extremely intelligent tend to work on core libraries and risk). Nothing really special about that group of talents except that it's a good mix to make money in life, such as the world has worked out. I'd say that compares unfavourably to the skillset of even your average registrar, let alone a neurosurgeon.

Last edited:
Urgh can't you keep to your own thread? We all made a pact to leave you alone there barking your nonsense.

I worked in IB for longer than 2 years... I made snr associate in 2 as I stated, which wasn't unusual pre 2008... the idea that "many of the traders who work for 15 banks" are being investigated by the FCA et al is beyond idiotic. I know mathematics isn't your strong point, but many is a term indicative of a large percentage.

So you must know a 'few guys' from the industry too if you're claiming to be able to read PA better? The odd thing is PA tends to be a result of what prime brokers are doing or what orders they are fulfilling and urh... they are working for the prime brokers? Mind blowing this stuff ain't it? Maybe PA is just a load of ethereal nonsense dreamt up by retail people who buy and sell at S&R to make their work sound harder?

You've got no time for the industry because you had and have no way in, even with a call to Dick Branson. My problem with you is that as Walter Mittys go, you are particularly unsophisticated, making stupid claims and generalisations. You slowly improve these over time whenever it is pointed out to you (avec googling) and your rhetoric now sounds passable to very new traders despite said lack of sophistication. This bothers me. Your self labelling as an expert is particularly laughable. Even PTJ doesn't have the stones to call himself an 'expert'. Maybe to his wife...

I visited your thread recently - in visiting just 3 of the pages before I had to close it you got:

- The London 'close' time incorrect.

- Were using round turn terminology to discuss commission fees on an OTC product in order to hide your ignorance at commission rates and notional trade value.

- Had no clue what a basis pt is on the above.

And that's in just a tiny percentage of what you've posted...

Yes - I thought you would be wound up ;-) - because you love to give it - but like most - just cannot take it back ;-)

The real reason I have not time for the Industry is due to losing over £350K in the Lehman Brothers scenario. ( no not to do with my own trading account)

Please tell me what are you doing here - and as far as trading - how many live trading contest have you won then ??

I have not problem with you visiting my blog - then you can make some calls for us - but not those stupid investment calls that take a few weeks to make RR's of 3 - when intraday you can do it in 30 minutes.

Come on Random - if you are honest - you will admit that you must be glad to have left the Institution - its a good name for it ;-)

Now you are a Retail trader - you only have to follow price now - and not have to be a weather forecaster trying to guess the next month or so ;-)

Enjoy your comments - but come and prove you are as good as you talk

Regards

F

Last edited:
Hi F,
I see where you're coming from with some of your other comments, but I'm far from convinced by the idea that retail traders can read price action better than institutional traders (assuming that's what PA stands for in your post). Sure, there may be a few individual retail traders who are better at it than some pros but, comparing the two groups as a whole, my assumption would be that institutional traders will, 99 times out of 100, wash the floor with us retail traders across the board.
Tim.

PS. If you have some evidence to prove I'm wrong - I'd be delighted! It would be a very welcome boost for us retailers.
:cool:

Hi Timsk

Yes will expand my comment further and will enjoy the squirming from Random - who I believe is ex commercial

Excuse me for now - off for my tea - but will go into some detail on how Retailers do have many advantages over the trade - especially if you are not planning to try and make millions over 3 years - but instead just very good returns on Capital under 100k

Investment trading is so inefficient - and I wlll go into that further as well

Regards

F