How I Daytrade the DAX

Chalky_trader

How I Daytrade the DAX using Price action

If anyones interested this is an hour long webinar I put together. Its section 1 of a series of a training course i run for a group of traders who all trade the same rules and setups.

it covers quite a lot and is not for beginners. There are no bells and Whistles and im not much of a presenter but the content is second to nothing that i have come across in my 15 years of trading

See for yourself its free and the market is quiet at the moment

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By1HMuY4jLWwMDhEV3RISm95T1U

Chalky

Ps
Comments and feedback are welcomed,

If your going to leave negative comments please only do so after you have watched it

Last edited:
Hi Chalky Trader,
thanks for sharing this webinar that you have put together - that's very generous of you. I trade the DAX several times a week, and thus am quite interested in your presentation. (y)

Before I watch it, can I ask how much experience you accumulated trading the approach that you share in the webinar - say how many months/year, how many trades and whether it is profitable or not. It would be great if you are willing to comment on that.

Many thanks in advance,
O-G

Hi Chalky Trader,
thanks for sharing this webinar that you have put together - that's very generous of you. I trade the DAX several times a week, and thus am quite interested in your presentation. (y)

Before I watch it, can I ask how much experience you accumulated trading the approach that you share in the webinar - say how many months/year, how many trades and whether it is profitable or not. It would be great if you are willing to comment on that.

Many thanks in advance,
O-G

I have been trading for 15 or so years

The first 10 were largely hit and miss, i realise now my mistakes.

Ive been trading this method for around 4 to 5 years and it gets better all the time as my confidence grows.

It is the ONLY way that i have achieved any sort of consistency with profits.

Let me know what you think after you have seen it

I have been trading for 15 or so years

The first 10 were largely hit and miss, i realise now my mistakes.

Ive been trading this method for around 4 to 5 years and it gets better all the time as my confidence grows.

It is the ONLY way that i have achieved any sort of consistency with profits.

Let me know what you think after you have seen it

Thanks for replying right away and for giving some more details.
Yes, I will check it out and then let you know what I think!

Hi Chalky,

I take it your either looking for feedback on the presentation or fishing for signups to the ret of the course, If its just feedback then which aspect of the presentation do you want feedback on, (content or delivery) if its the latter then best to get a vendor badge before the trolls come out to play.

Hi Chalky,

I take it your either looking for feedback on the presentation or fishing for signups to the ret of the course, If its just feedback then which aspect of the presentation do you want feedback on, (content or delivery) if its the latter then best to get a vendor badge before the trolls come out to play.

Everyone is so negative on T2Win forums these days

have you watched the training Oldnoob?

Did you find the information insightful or a load of BS?

Chalky

Everyone is so negative on T2Win forums these days

have you watched the training Oldnoob?

Did you find the information insightful or a load of BS?

Chalky

Morning Chalky,

Sorry if I came across as negative, it was not my intention.

I did take the time to watch the videos.

They are a nice introduction to how price action can be combined with fib levels and Eliot wave theory to create a trading plan without actually giving away what that plan is which is fair enough.

Personally I find that by the time all the HH and LL or LH and LL lines have been drawn along with adding in the fib levels there will be so many lines on the chart that it will nearly always touch one of them on a pullback.

Picking a good entry when trading pullbacks is never easy especially if you are trading multiple depths, shallow pullbacks can be lucrative but are the most risky.

Deeper pullbacks give you a better place for your stop but there is nore risk that the trend has stalled.

As you pointed out in the video nothing works all the time.

The part in the video about R:R and win rate I thought was a bit flaky, Stops will be moved to lock in profits, targets need to be adjusted.

The part in the video when you touch on moving averages I would just edit out, it almost comes across as arrogant to say that Ma's cant be used to make money trading because you have tried and wasn't able to do so.

Regardless of all I have said, If your set up is working for you and you are also helping others to get to a level of consistency that can provide them with a good return I commend you.

This thread caught my eye because I also trade the Dax and seeing as you have shared and I believe this thread has the potential to be a great thread on trading pullbacks on the Dax below is a chart of the levels i've been looking at this week.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 535
This thread caught my eye because I also trade the Dax and seeing as you have shared and I believe this thread has the potential to be a great thread on trading pullbacks on the Dax below is a chart of the levels i've been looking at this week.

OK Heres My current DAX view

The pink line is a daily 1:1

Its an hourly chart shown, looks like its forming an hourly flag, until it breaks an hourly resistance pivot then its trending down on the hourly away from the pink line

You should understand it if you watched the training video

Attachments

• DAX jan.JPG
    DAX jan.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 587
OK Heres My current DAX view

The pink line is a daily 1:1

Its an hourly chart shown, looks like its forming an hourly flag, until it breaks an hourly resistance pivot then its trending down on the hourly away from the pink line

You should understand it if you watched the training video

Well at least we both agree that the trend is down even if it is a crappy one, things should pick up next week.