How to get my money back

zalakinc

Hello Friends,

I need your advice on something. I bought RET Trader, elliottician certification course. when i bought it about a year ago, they had promised me 85% accuracy. but that ended up being a huge lie!!! Now I am fighting to get my money back. Any advice?

Thanks.

Zalak

difficult to say since I am not familiar with US consumer law. Did you buy the "course" from a UK company?

a scan through the threads on this site would suggest that your chances are slim. However, if you paid with a credit card you may have a chance of compensation (you would if you were a UK citizen) since your contract is with the credit card company, rather than the vendor. It is worth looking into

yes, you may be able to request a chargeback from the CC on the grounds of "goods significantly not as described"

I wonder if this guy is genuinely trying to do the following, or it's just part of the marketing...
http://www.freedomthrutradingforex.com/landingpages/trsn_land.aspx

Our non-paying clients are young people in third world countries – mostly orphans – whom we teach, amongst other things, to trade Forex.

Once trading successfully, they can escape poverty, feel good about themselves, and lead a life worth living... indeed, lead a life filled with opportunities they previously would never have dreamed possible.

Right now, we are in the final stages of developing a prototype system, teaching a class of “untouchable” low-caste year 11 and 12 orphans in a remote area of southern India how to successfully trade Forex.

This project has generated so much interest that even a number of our paying clients are planning to help us teach and mentor these 3rd world orphans.

I would've thought hydrology, building skills, etc. would be more appropriate skills for remote poor areas.

c6

Last edited:
hmm.. sounds like cynical BS of the smelliest kind to me.

How is an 11-12 year old 3rd world orphan going to a) open an account anywhere, b) fund it, and c) trade it, since they dont even have electricity or running water in remote area's, never mind a PC or broadband

Arbitrageur said:
hmm.. sounds like cynical BS of the smelliest kind to me.

How is an 11-12 year old 3rd world orphan going to a) open an account anywhere, b) fund it, and c) trade it, since they dont even have electricity or running water in remote area's, never mind a PC or broadband

If the "philanthropic" exercise is genuine, it is purely for the self-agrandisement of the giver.
same as the Children In Need we are about to endure. Its all about "look at "us" being generous" rather than whether it genuinely benefits the recipients.

I'm wondering if anyone here had dealt with some kind of "recovery experts"... Personally, I have traded and have lost a lot of money (not by my own trades), because my broker's intentions were just to "empty" my account as soon as they realized the fact, I will not put more money. By the end of such "fruitful" cooperation I ended up losing over 150k $. How can I possibly recover this amount, if the broker isn't regulated and "chargeback" is not an option for me either?
Recently, I came across to the company called "Scamconsulting SCC" from UK and keep getting just an impression, that they could be a "deal". Is anyone knows about them?