Help - some random person gave me money to trade??

notafraiddd

Hello everyone, I have a bit of an issue and I'm hoping some of the people here will help me clarify it
I joined * in order to get some no-deposit bonus as I have never traded before. Some guy named "Simon" pops up in the "Chat with us" window and after we talk a little he asks for my Skype and I give it to him.
On Skype he tells me to deposit and if I lose my funds he will give me my money back (refund) from his own poket, I tell him that my cards are max out already and my bank won't let me deposit more. He says he will look into it and hook me up with some cash.

3 DAYS LATER
I text him on Skype something like " Hey Simon did you managed to hook me up with something?" he asks for my Skrill email and my currency. Then he SENDS me $205 and tells me to deposit it on eToro. I do that and then he asks for a screenshot of the deposit ( for the fiance departament he says ), I do that too.

After that he tells me the rules are simple. I ask him if it's legal and he replies:

"Simon: Yes it is, like I said do NOT tell eToro its us who gave you money
Simon: Its like if it was your decision to trade you know, not so they think you were forced etc etc
Simon: 3 simple rules:

#1 Trade ... Obviously hehe
#2 No withdrawals (ask me first and we will look into it)
#3 No words to eToro that you got money to trade from us."

What do I do? Do I do what he says? Is this legal? Please someone help me

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should run away ............never ever share information or consort with such people ................it will bite you back

N

It is threads like these that have me wondering if most of the members are actually adults or if they are bored university students who like to tell stories. I am ignoring the semantics about university students being legal adults. I am using adult in reference to both maturity and age.

You might need witness protection if you go down this path.

Sounds like there testing you for money laundering.

I think you should run away ............never ever share information or consort with such people ................it will bite you back

N

But how am I suppose to run away? Do I tell him anything? Do I send him the money back? What do I do?
Also could I be held responsible for this?

But how am I suppose to run away? Do I tell him anything? Do I send him the money back? What do I do?
Also could I be held responsible for this?

You must be telling stories because I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to do this.

I'm NOT telling any stories. This is happening NOW
What do you mean to do this? do what? What I'm I doing?

I can't imagine a grown adult being so ignorant as to do what you did. If you get into trouble, legal or otherwise you reap what you sow. There will almost certainly be some major repercussions for this.

I can't imagine a grown adult being so ignorant as to do what you did. If you get into trouble, legal or otherwise you reap what you sow.

Hold on. As an adult I know how to avoid scams. Scams as in those people asking YOU to wire them money and such. But I was NOT aware of any scams going on when other people offer you their money.. like why not?

He sends me money ( legal )
I trade using real money ( legal )

Where is the ilegal part?

Hold on. As an adult I know how to avoid scams. Scams as in those people asking YOU to wire them money and such. But I was NOT aware of any scams going on when other people offer you their money.. like why not?

He sends me money ( legal )
I trade using real money ( legal )

Where is the ilegal part?

You cannot seriously be asking that question. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Money laundering!!! Money laundering is the generic term used to describe the process by which criminals disguise the original ownership and control of the proceeds of criminal conduct by making such proceeds appear to have derived from a legitimate source.

Receiving money from an unknown source is illegal. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Banking regulations in Romania are not very strict compared to the UK or US. :LOL:

Even if somebody wanted to deposit money into an account in which they were not the signer, they could not unless it was in the form of a check with a known origin. The bank would not let them.

Banking regulations in Romania are not very strict compared to the UK or US. :LOL:

Even if somebody wanted to deposit money into an account in which they were not the signer, they could not unless it was in the form of a check with a known origin. The bank would not let them.

So if it was indeed money laudering I would be considered as an acomplice even tho I wasn't aware of that..
Alright but how do I put a stop to this? I wouldn't want to help any criminal to disguise anything, there could be serious consequences for me.

What if I tell him that I don't think trading is for me and I would like to send his money back? What do you think?

So if it was indeed money laudering I would be considered as an acomplice even tho I wasn't aware of that..
Alright but how do I put a stop to this? I wouldn't want to help any criminal to disguise anything, there could be serious consequences for me.

What if I tell him that I don't think trading is for me and I would like to send his money back? What do you think?

Don't know, don't care! I think you are F.O.S.

A stranger offered me money to trade

Hello, something strange happened today. Someone from * has offered me 200$ for free to trade on Etoro. He told me to enter on incognito mode on chrome and create an Etoro account from the link that he sent me. He also mentioned that never tell anyone from Etoro website that I recieved money from him. Is it something illegal or it's a scam ?

Hello, something strange happened today. Someone from * has offered me 200$ for free to trade on Etoro. He told me to enter on incognito mode on chrome and create an Etoro account from the link that he sent me. He also mentioned that never tell anyone from Etoro website that I recieved money from him. Is it something illegal or it's a scam ?

There is no way I would do it. No reasonable person is going to give you $200 and tell you to open an account for them. It sounds like a money laundering scheme and he is setting you up for a fall. A major clue is when he told you not to tell anyone about it. Ignore him.

Why would you accept any money from a would be stranger?? Surely that would set off some alarm bells? There is no such thing as a free lunch remember.