Help finding a stock trading mentor

BPTrader15

Hello,

My name is Bryan and I'm looking for a stock trading mentor to mentor me. I'm specifically interested in short term/day trading stocks. I'm in the Denver Colorado area. If you know someone or are the person that would be willing to mentor me in this can you please provide me with contact information so I can get in touch with them. I've already started accumulating information on this subject so you wont be starting from zero per-say; I just feel like a mentor can make the difference in a big way when navigating the trading waters in the beginning. Thanks everyone for your help and time in this!

Hello,

My name is Bryan and I'm looking for a stock trading mentor to mentor me. I'm specifically interested in short term/day trading stocks. I'm in the Denver Colorado area. If you know someone or are the person that would be willing to mentor me in this can you please provide me with contact information so I can get in touch with them. I've already started accumulating information on this subject so you wont be starting from zero per-say; I just feel like a mentor can make the difference in a big way when navigating the trading waters in the beginning. Thanks everyone for your help and time in this!

It's great that you want to get involved a mentor!

You should check out this thread

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/new-trade2win/119864-can-you-recommend-mentor-coach-trading-course.html

You should also have a think about whether you need a mentor who specializes in daytrading stocks, or whether you could actually gain a lot from a general trading coach to begin with.

Until one becomes quite specialized, a general trading coach can be very helpful. Incidentally a trading coach can help you find the type of trading style and markets that you might be bested suited for given your experience, risk profile, time availability, personality.

I can highly recommend starting out with chatwithtraders interviews - they are 90 of them and they are all free. They should provide you with a lot of guidance and direction.

Hello,

I agree with George about seeking out a general trading coach, if you seek out anyone at all. Daytrading stocks is tough, and if you have enough money to avoid the PDT, you should at least look at index futures, such as the ES or NQ (I trade the NQ). Futures don't gap as severely as stocks often do as they trade continuously from Sunday evening to Friday evening.

Hello,

Mentor yourself man !

Mentor yourself man !

(y)

I try to do this but have found it really helpful to have mentor(s) along the way - well so far, I have only really had two. But both have been very helpful.

Though if one can't find one, then mentoring yourself is definitely better than waiting for one to show up!

What do you think, tokyojoe?

(y)

I try to do this but have found it really helpful to have mentor(s) along the way - well so far, I have only really had two. But both have been very helpful.

Though if one can't find one, then mentoring yourself is definitely better than waiting for one to show up!

What do you think, tokyojoe?

Hello Options George, I have a lot of respect you since you posted your member profile, I still think it's one of the best profile reads.

My take on mentors : a mentor will show you what they know, they will not show you who you are inside your own mind.

Any numpty can learn the technical's, so if someone is looking for someone to show them this, well, then they should not tackle the markets, full stop.

If someone is looking for someone to mentor them in their mind set, then they should not tackle the markets, full stop.

My take on mentors : a mentor will show you what they know, they will not show you who you are inside your own mind.

That's the chief difference between a mentor and a coach: at its most basic, a mentor will show you his way; a coach will help you find your own way. If the beginner elects the first, he'd be wise to ask for tax returns. Without some evidence that the mentor is a successful trader, the student could waste a lot of years and a lot of money, which is the most common course for beginners.

That's the chief difference between a mentor and a coach: at its most basic, a mentor will show you his way; a coach will help you find your own way. If the beginner elects the first, he'd be wise to ask for tax returns. Without some evidence that the mentor is a successful trader, the student could waste a lot of years and a lot of money, which is the most common course for beginners.

Coach, mentor, teacher, instructor, snake oil salesman, decent well intention nice guy, etc if you add these (& a whole raft of other names) to my post, it still won't make a jot of difference to my point.

Coach, mentor, teacher, instructor, snake oil salesman, decent well intention nice guy, etc if you add these (& a whole raft of other names) to my post, it still won't make a jot of difference to my point.

Perhaps not. But then your point is not necessarily valid. Few people are wired to trade. But this does not mean that they cannot be rewired, either with help or without.

Few beginners have the intelligence, the drive, and the curiosity to succeed. Rather they look for recipes. A great many of them can't or won't even do simple Google searches. So they sign up for this or that with whomever then whine that they got scammed. None of this means, however, that it must be do-it-yourself. Re-inventing the wheel every single time is ludicrous.

Perhaps not. But then your point is not necessarily valid. Few people are wired to trade. But this does not mean that they cannot be rewired, either with help or without.

Few beginners have the intelligence, the drive, and the curiosity to succeed. Rather they look for recipes. A great many of them can't or won't even do simple Google searches. So they sign up for this or that with whomever then whine that they got scammed. None of this means, however, that it must be do-it-yourself. Re-inventing the wheel every single time is ludicrous.

eh ! reinventing the wheel ?

My point is to learn the ropes yourself, get to know yourself, get to know what makes yourself tick, I fail to see how this is an invalid point.

eh ! reinventing the wheel ?

My point is to learn the ropes yourself, get to know yourself, get to know what makes yourself tick, I fail to see how this is an invalid point.

The point to which I was referring was "If someone is looking for someone to mentor them in their mind set, then they should not tackle the markets, full stop." If this were true, there would be no need for counseling. How does one "learn the ropes himself"? How does one "get to know himself"? The idea that all of this can be done without any help whatsoever is unrealistic. Granted the "help" that one receives on message boards may not be the best, but that doesn't mean that all help is useless.

The point to which I was referring was "If someone is looking for someone to mentor them in their mind set, then they should not tackle the markets, full stop." If this were true, there would be no need for counseling. How does one "learn the ropes himself"? How does one "get to know himself"? The idea that all of this can be done without any help whatsoever is unrealistic. Granted the "help" that one receives on message boards may not be the best, but that doesn't mean that all help is useless.

Just the way it's always been !

Sorting out the wheat from the chaff.

With all due respect Db I feel this will go around in circles, I know you know what I am driving at, I am not saying all help whahtsoever is useless, but I get it that you may want the last word.

How does one learn the ropes ?
How does one get to know himself ?

You have the intelligence that you project, so you know it is through life experience & the gaining of knowledge through this experience that will answer your questions (that I know you know the answer to ;))

Sure we pick up tips here & there, even from message boards... but mentors & coaches....?

With all due respect Db I feel this will go around in circles, I know you know what I am driving at, but I get it that you may want the last word.

How does one learn the ropes ?
How does one get to know himself ?

You have the intelligence that you project, so you know it is through life experience & the gaining of knowledge through this experience that will answer your questions (that I know you know the answer to ;))

Sure we pick up tips here & there, even from message boards... but mentors & coaches....?

I couldn't care less about having the last word. But I've been at this for forty years, and I know well that not everyone can learn what he needs to learn all by himself. If you have, congratulations. You are exceptional.

Hence db has a vested interest in this as a coach himself i fail to see the objectivity in his posts here.

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about having the last word. But I've been at this for forty years, and I know well that not everyone can learn what he needs to learn all by himself. If you have, congratulations. You are exceptional.

Soooo, I come back to my original point, if someone does not have the nous to work out "most" of what they need to know by themselves, they should not be putting their cash on the line in the market, full stop.

Full respect to your forty years, I do genuinely think you are a very well meaning & positive guy, successful philanthropist maybe.

This game is a potential fools gold graveyard, if someone is a half wit, they will not be taught to play the markets, they will end up in't pit !

Hence db has a vested interest in this as a coach himself i fail to see the objectiveness in his posts here.

No disrespect tar, but everybody knows that, Db does like to, shall we say, encourage any newbies to his threads, but he is still an alright guy imo

No disrespect tar, but everybody knows that, Db does like to, shall we say, encourage any newbies to his threads, but he is still an alright guy imo

Not everybody knows especially new members like the op .

Soooo, I come back to my original point, if someone does not have the nous to work out "most" of what they need to know by themselves, they should not be putting their cash on the line in the market, full stop.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.