Hello From Singapore

HI fxtraderanalyst
Job market is the same conditions as the other part of the world as the global financial crises hits everypart of the world....

Hi natxwang
Finding a forex broker is based on individual's preferences depending on your objectives. If you want to use MT4 platform then fine one with this facility, If you want to trade with EA, fine one with consistent small spread, etc...

out of curiosity, has anyone attended the courses that are advertised in the local newpapers? I see many people offering Forex/Trading Courses and advertising high returns.

?

out of curiosity, has anyone attended the courses that are advertised in the local newpapers? I see many people offering Forex/Trading Courses and advertising high returns.

?

Yes of course... Many Singaporeans are looking for alternatives income and multiple-sources of income.

Hi natxwang
Finding a forex broker is based on individual's preferences depending on your objectives. If you want to use MT4 platform then fine one with this facility, If you want to trade with EA, fine one with consistent small spread, etc...

i'm going down to sign up with cmc markets tomorrow.
But their platform is alittle hard to use as compared to saxo..
Asking for a little product demo tomorrow....

hey all,
i'm just curious for those of you from singapore that trade forex, which broker do u use?
i'm currently using saxo, and am considering whether to switch over to CMC as saxo has occasional lag spikes which are terrible.

any advice?

Are you using MetaTrader4 platform for your forex trading?

MetaTrader4 forex trading platform

lucksa:

No i'm currently trading off saxo charts.
Is mt4 recommended?
which brokers offer that?

If you have a very defined trading strategy, MT4 (MetaTrader4) can let you program it and do auto trading for you. Now the trend is people using MT4 as it offers alot of flexibilities and programable capability. Every year there are even a championship for AutoTrading.... see this site:
Participants - Automated Trading Championship 2008

using program automatic trade forex from US$10k increase capital to about US$170k in about 3 months time !!!
This is a golden Goose that we can make fo ourselves....

lucksa:

wow. i'm currently very new to forex, and i'm trading in small amounts getting a feel of it and trying out what's good for me.

Automated systems require a basic knowledge of programming yes?
I was initially looking at esignal for data feeds.. But seeing so many recomendations for MT4, i'll take a look at it too..

Thanks for your info.

lucksa:

wow. i'm currently very new to forex, and i'm trading in small amounts getting a feel of it and trying out what's good for me.

Automated systems require a basic knowledge of programming yes?
I was initially looking at esignal for data feeds.. But seeing so many recomendations for MT4, i'll take a look at it too..

Thanks for your info.

You can take a look at this site MetaTrader forum and also join facebook interest group, will be able to get more info... else call me la...haha

lucksa:

I joined your facebook group already. :clap: (y)

may i just ask which brokers u use? and your feedback on them?

lucksa:

I joined your facebook group already. :clap: (y)

may i just ask which brokers u use? and your feedback on them?

I am still evaluating the brokers cos I wanted to trade with EA.
You said you join my facebook already? which one are you in my friend list? My facebook name is johnny lu

Yes of course... Many Singaporeans are looking for alternatives income and multiple-sources of income.

ok, but are they good? have you attended any yourself?

i'm not sure if its just going to be a whole load of sales pitching.

lucksa:

i'm in the forex trading group i mean. =D
just joined a few hours back.
i just did a google for mt4 for sg brokers. but it seems there isnt any at the moment.
guess if we want to use mt4 have to use overseas brokers.
but its a headache to wire back the $.

lucksa:

i'm in the forex trading group i mean. =D
just joined a few hours back.
i just did a google for mt4 for sg brokers. but it seems there isnt any at the moment.
guess if we want to use mt4 have to use overseas brokers.
but its a headache to wire back the $.

Yes, local brokers are slow in adapting the changes... especially during this financial crises... I am sure they are even more conservative in providing new services such as introducing MetaTrader platform for their traders.

oanda also has automatic trading. thats what i know months ago, not sure if its the same now.
Y not use oanda. im in the processing of creating an account with their singapore branch.

I have heard of some singaporeans using overseas brokers and wiring back the money...
Anyone has tried any US brokers and wiring them back to singapore?
Any good ones?
I'm looking for one in US too as i'll be moving there for 2 years soon. And am looking for one that i can trade in SG & US.
And is easy to transfer money back and forth.

Last edited:
Hello Singapore!

Hello

I am a London based Independent Commodities trader. I will be in Singapore next week to test waters & would like to meet/ network with other Traders.

[email protected]

Best wishes,

Maszerati.