Hedging question. you like it ?

• Welcome to the newest version of Trade2Win! We're running on the latest version of, what we consider to be, the best forum software available today. Our aim was to keep things as familiar as possible but focus on improving speed, security and usability. We hope you like the result! Please post your questions, comments, suggestions and feedback in the What's New and Feedback Thread - Sharky.

Peter Borren

Apr 8, 2017
My trading career right now, I am not willing to hedging at all , because I have bad experience when work using hedging , loss more wider than recover loss, hard part using hedging when should open lock hedging , this is like as dilemma, if good in analysis might possible become profit , but if wrong the way also will making loss more.

tomorton

Feb 28, 2002
Exeter
I never hedge positions, in stocks or forex. Opening and running a trade and a hedge position costs two sets of commission / spreads / overnight charges, and serves mostly to ensure that profits are capped as well as risks.

For me, the best insurance against loss is more profit (and more profit).

Peter Borren

Apr 8, 2017
By hedging actually we can protect the trading account from a sudden blow up but here we have to keep eye on the spreads because if we keep on hedging, we will keep on decreasing the remaining pips number.

tomorton

Feb 28, 2002
Exeter
I don't mind if I lose the whole account in a once-in-a-decade blow-up, most of my capital is not exposed to the forex market.

But don't forget there are positive black swans as well as the regular account-killer black swans.
e.g. I should, by my own TA, have been short the EUR/CHF from mid-2014. That would placed me perfectly for the shock of 15/01/15. It will be the regret of my life that I wasn't in position.

Obviously, a hedge position would have neutralised that gain even if I had been short.

NVP

Jun 21, 2004
fxcorrelator.com
if the market spikes and you are not with a good broker you are dead anyway .....the move will cut you both ways and wipe you out

such is life ...

ph_trader

Oct 20, 2011
yeah, I cant actually say if its good or bad, but i guess it has its uses, the way i look at things is simply that there is benifit to it if done correctly, but can cost you if you are wrong. so basically if you are to hedge i guess hedge wisely.

Peter Borren

Apr 8, 2017
yeah, I cant actually say if its good or bad, but i guess it has its uses, the way i look at things is simply that there is benifit to it if done correctly, but can cost you if you are wrong. so basically if you are to hedge i guess hedge wisely.
Yes , it is quite difficult to make sure hedging is useful or not. You have any proper time management when it is more appropriate to use ?

Peter Borren

Apr 8, 2017
At present I am not willing to hedging at all , because I have bad experience when work using hedging , loss more wider than recover loss, hard part using hedging when should open lock hedging , this is like as dilemma, if good in analysis might possible become profit , but if wrong the way also will making loss more.

Peter Borren

Apr 8, 2017
Hedging actually is a trading strategy that basically we the traders like to use for reducing loss with certainly, but I think according to my trading understating by using hedging approach ultimately we are losing our equity , so it is better to close the order instead of hedging. and nowadays mostly brokers who are particularly regulated don’t allow hedging and scalping in their trading platforms.