Has anyone heard of Sterling, Dent & Moss

Sapsford45

Hi I am completely new to this and have got an interview to become a diamond broker for Sterling, Dent & Moss and was wondering if anyone had heard of this company and if anyone knows anything about them
Thanks

It will be a sales job, cold calling people trying to flog stuff to them by lying about its future value. Didn't it seem rather easy to get an interview to be a broker when you know nothing about the industry at a time when experienced people can't get jobs?

The company was dormant less than a year ago. How long did they say they say they had been in business?

You will be calling people, and telling them that special "yellow" diamonds are all the rage, and that you can get good prices for them.
You will be telling customers that you can get them at wholesale prices, but misdirect by telling them the retail prices when it comes to selling.
If they dont sell, you will sell them at auction for them.
Either way, you make money from the commissions, not from any accrual of real value.
Good luck.

PS: if you take the job, let us know the commission structure. I have always been curious what the cut was.

Hi I am completely new to this and have got an interview to become a diamond broker for Sterling, Dent & Moss and was wondering if anyone had heard of this company and if anyone knows anything about them
Thanks

had a number 1 hit in the 70's ?