Harmonic Trading and my ABCDE pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I say..

Beautiful! I expect this, but even that it was still surprise how quick usdjpy go up. First, big gap, and then was Bat pattern witch finally crush (because of gap and my formation)! It is like birthday, you know, you get present, but you don't know how big it will be...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi,
maybe I didnt found it.. but can you give us example of entering a trade? How do you make decision to realize it? higher hig.. or how do you know that this bar is "E" bar?

Hi,
maybe I didnt found it.. but can you give us example of entering a trade? How do you make decision to realize it? higher hig.. or how do you know that this bar is "E" bar?

Thank you for bringing this question. As you see on my first example i use Butterfly Pattern, to enter a trade, and also in 2 example on page 2. Sometimes for entry I use harmonic patterns, sometimes, only candlestick pattern, that was (I was not involve in trade then) in last example on page 3 (gap and broken Bat Pattern). Sometimes use divergence, so I'm not dependent on one technique! You see more, as we go on...
You can also bring example of your view, and questions of concrete charts, and we bite it in the ass, for learning purpose only...

hi, allow me to share for what i learn. Here, I try to put together Scott Carney (Harmonic Trader.com) and Suri Duddela (SuriNotes), regarding your last post on GBPUSD. It try to explain for what i understand, and i might be not 100% understand it, but I trade on it :D

1. Scott name it - Impulse Harmonic. it is where 4th leg exceed the 2nd leg and it must not be over 1.618 from 2nd -3rd leg. then the 5th leg will be 1.618 - 2.24 of 3rd-5th leg.
Then, if the price retrace back 0.5 of 4th-5th leg, it is signal to re bounce back following the previous trend.

2. Suri name it - SeaHorse Pattern. He don't say about the 4th leg limit, but he says about the 3rd leg that must be min. 0.382 - 0.5, then the target of the 5th leg will be at 2.00 of 3rd-4th leg.

I don't know about Kane, but Scott says in his book that he work something on fib work with Kane. Hope this help.

I wish we can share more on how to make better "entry" with Harmonic Pattern.

Attachments

• GBPUSDM30 - SeaHorse.png
    GBPUSDM30 - SeaHorse.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 7,680
hi, allow me to share for what i learn. Here, I try to put together Scott Carney (Harmonic Trader.com) and Suri Duddela (SuriNotes), regarding your last post on GBPUSD. It try to explain for what i understand, and i might be not 100% understand it, but I trade on it :D

1. Scott name it - Impulse Harmonic. it is where 4th leg exceed the 2nd leg and it must not be over 1.618 from 2nd -3rd leg. then the 5th leg will be 1.618 - 2.24 of 3rd-5th leg.
Then, if the price retrace back 0.5 of 4th-5th leg, it is signal to re bounce back following the previous trend.

2. Suri name it - SeaHorse Pattern. He don't say about the 4th leg limit, but he says about the 3rd leg that must be min. 0.382 - 0.5, then the target of the 5th leg will be at 2.00 of 3rd-4th leg.

I don't know about Kane, but Scott says in his book that he work something on fib work with Kane. Hope this help.

I wish we can share more on how to make better "entry" with Harmonic Pattern.

Thank you, can you explain 1st concept in some chart, or link? Cause I have read one book of Scott, but I can't find it "impulse harmonic" ...

2. Yes, maybe it is seahorse, but In my methodology I use simple logic in it. Reverse logic of XABCD pattern. I also explain this on page 1. So I give precise ratios to qualify it as value pattern, and yes, only problem is to catch point E. So I use many points of view and always bigger picture/context, usually is Butterfly Pattern.

kissaki please, give us some links to this patterns (seahorse and impulse harmonic) !

Last edited:
"1. Scott name it - Impulse Harmonic. it is where 4th leg exceed the 2nd leg and it must not be over 1.618 from 2nd -3rd leg. then the 5th leg will be 1.618 - 2.24 of 3rd-5th leg.
Then, if the price retrace back 0.5 of 4th-5th leg, it is signal to re bounce back following the previous trend."

In my experience, I don't use this very logic. Because logic behind my pattern is: definition:
"ab must be grater than cd, that cd is only 56,4 (smaller but not grater than 56,4) of ab, and point e is is between point a and c"

What we have in conclusion from his logic? It's simple, we have this:

Maybe it's simple, but it is powerful, because even you don't like this formation, when you have open position and this pattern occur, you still hold it!

Last edited:
For better clarification, contemplate this:

Isn't powerful to know? That is nothing to fear when this occur, we still have better chance to hold positions or take positions in point E, and better chance to make more money! There is no chance to Gartley (only when point D was in 61,8 retrace from X) and to Bat Pattern, only to Butterfly Pattern, but it is in our gold future, when in this model market make HH!

In your example or in that what you give, there is 161,8-224 from 3 to 5 point. Maybe in Scott Carney methodology it works, but in mine research and from trading it doesn't. I give some example:

And there is hundred and more examples that this ABCDE pattern can works. This was a good example, because I take positions from it. I show your reason behind this:

1.Triple bottom
2.Xabcd (Butterfly) 127,2AB=CD

So there was clear direction.

Iwan2brich, thank's for sharing, i will try to see more. How much do you expect the deep of "e" point from CD ?

Actually, The most concern of my research is not on the pattern. I am trying to find the best "Entry" Strategy. I don't like "Order Limit", I want to find out the best way to play with PRZ. Will you share your experience on entry strategy ?

The best way in my opinion is cluster, because in this technique you have very tight PRZ. I love clusters, very powerful! This clusters is also very controversial, because there is not so many traders who will do research in this subject. So... We can talk about clusters and secret techniques and very few traders understand!

Iwan, I can't not find the SeaHorse or Impulse Harmonic in internet. it is in Suri Dudella's book (for SeaHorse) and Scott's book vol 2 for (Impulse Harmonic).

I understand about the cluster, fist I learn it from Robert Miner's Book - Dynamic Trader. but what is next ? Some says ;
1. Candle formation - I am not really good on it. it seem easy, but not in forex.
2. the Oscillator (eg. Stochastic) - I only use it for finding the divergent, OB/OS when the pris is at cluster. but never use it for trigger entry.
3. Andrew Pirfork (APF). I use it sometimes, but, so many different strategies developed for APF. I only use it for possible turning point.

Right i am using 23.6 and 38.2 Fibo Expansion (FE) for entry and Fib Fan for entry. but i still feel that my trigger is too weak... any advice ?

kissaki first, we must have respect for each other, so please use full nick names. I am not from Russia, so I am not Iwan!

Status
Not open for further replies.