GqOrlando´s Trading: FX and Futures

GqOrlando

My name is Orlando and I´ve been trading for more than a few years. I started trading FX but now my focus is also on futures, mainly crude and stock indices.

I´ve decied to start a trading journal here to share setups, ideas, analysis, etc...

A litlle bit about my style:

I like to trade medium term moves. I find that scalping, even though it can be profitable for some, is just not for me. I´ve tried it but it´s not who I am as a trader.

I like to focus on 100+ pip moves from supply and/or demand zones with clear rejections.

I rarelly enter at market. I usually need confirmation of broken levels after my analysis for a setup to be complete. This means that my stops might be wider but my win ratio is much higher.

Here´s an example of today´s trade on the $gbpjpy
attachment.php

Yesterday I went long for about 225 pips and today I shorted with a sell stop below the flag / previous low trying a 1:2 risk to reward ratio trade for sabout 230 pips

Charts, chatter, discussion, analysis and jokes are welcome.

Stil in it. 156.050 is the point of control, sentiment is bearish below it. Very sideways price action though

got some footsie longs a little late but the 4H chart is printing a nice engulfing candle right from support.

I´m still on that geppy short, now sitting at +105 pips.

ADR on this pair is 238 pips / today we have moved 126.6 there is still room for a larger move down. 155.00 is being tested and broke just now.

if we follow the overall structure my targets are still above 153.111 but new lows could also be possible technically speaking.

attachment.php

Point of control now 155.280, imbalance on the right side of the market, remaining short

CywCYmf.png

Targets got hit and I´m very happy with this pair so far this week, up 470 pips this week
attachment.php

We are also in a nice $audusd short targeting 80 pips for the move for a possible bounce higher

attachment.php

Some good moves in the $USDJPY, the decision to maitain the interest rate at its current levels by the Fed keeps pushin the $usdpy lower. No intervention from the BoJ in the horizon the depreciate the yen against the dollar so the $usdjpy keeps aiming for that 100

attachment.php

Here´s a nice 1;3 RRR on the $usdjpy. Got filled on this short right at a nice resistance level.

vIBA08L.png