Gordon Brown's face palm yesterday was priceless...trading during the election run up

B

Black Swan

We like our face palm moments on here, anyone up for it? :) He obviously didn't realise Radio 2 was on the web these days...doh!! The Nu Lab poll vote is now down to 18-19% LOL :LOL:, swapping places with the Libs inside 2 weeks is the epic fail the out of control maniac deserves...some achievement that, Mandy (whose greatest *achievement* was the content inside the Millenium Dome :eek:) must be stabbing him in the back, sides, neck, whilst lining up the Millipedes to assume power...well Hillary Clinton likes the one whose spit doesn't dribble when he speaks, so that's OK...

Anyhow trading related, any thoughts on how we should collectively all trade with a week to go? I've not traded through an election before, wondered what thoughts the old guard have...? Equities, Indices, currencies....? My advice fwiw (on forex + oil) would be to just continue going for it, fill your boots, take what the market offers up etc...not so sure for those who trade UK/Euro indices and equities though..

Not sure what the heck to do with the indices at the moment - too much volatility in the medium term to deal with. However, if I had to pick, short-term I'm bullish - long term (6-12 months) I'm a bear. All this soverign debt makes me wonder...

As far as the currencies go, I still think that GBP is over valued in the long term, hung parliment or not. EUR probably has some legs to drop further too.

Oil will fall with the indices but I'd fill my boots with it when debt levels get back to more realistic levels. Rebased, I recon oil will move up much faster than any developed country equity index in the next 10 years.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents which are currently trading at a 50% discount at 1 cent.

What's all this about all "trading collectively"? I think you have been reading too many directives from the Supreme Leader at Number 10. (You are not a number; you are a free man, well so long as it's ok by the Missus).

As for the election, enjoy the volatility.

I've been enjoying the not-too-serious campaign commentaries of Marina Hyde:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/apr/27/lembit-opik-nick-clegg

Not shown unfortunately in the online photograph, but visible in the printed edition, she has a very pert pair of frontal attributes.

The online edition is dominated by a photo of Lembit Opik doing his Jewish comedian impression.

(Think I only managed to tick two boxes of political incorrectness there; must keep working on it).

Attachments

• election.jpg
    election.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,572
What's all this about all "trading collectively"? I think you have been reading too many directives from the Supreme Leader at Number 10. (You are not a number; you are a free man, well so long as it's ok by the Missus).

As for the election, enjoy the volatility.

I've been enjoying the not-too-serious campaign commentaries of Marina Hyde:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/apr/27/lembit-opik-nick-clegg

Not shown unfortunately in the online photograph, but visible in the printed edition, she has a very pert pair of frontal attributes.

The online edition is dominated by a photo of Lembit Opik doing his Jewish comedian impression.

(Think I only managed to tick two boxes of political incorrectness there; must keep working on it).

I am appalled by this post - it is simply not good enough. You refer, and I quote, to a "very pert pair of frontal attributes".

You then use the feeble excuse that the picture of said frontals is not available online, but is in the print edition.

Have you never heard of a bloody scanner?

Disgraceful!

I am appalled by this post - it is simply not good enough. You refer, and I quote, to a "very pert pair of frontal attributes".

You then use the feeble excuse that the picture of said frontals is not available online, but is in the print edition.

Have you never heard of a bloody scanner?

Disgraceful!

Don't think it would scan in its, ahem, present condition.