Gold

demeanor

As an alternate investment option gold was much favoured by investors compared to the dollar after G20 members decided to maintan stimulus measures. Michael Guido, director of hedge-fund sales at Macquarie Capital USA Inc. in New York, said: "It looks like gold will carve out new highs until further notice. The Fed made it quite clear that rates are going nowhere. The dollar is sinking. The bullish holders of gold are adding positions when the market makes a new high.”

COMEX gold for December delivery rose to a session high of $1,109.90 before easing off and settling up $5.70 at $1,101.40 per ounce.

As an alternate investment option gold was much favoured by investors compared to the dollar after G20 members decided to maintan stimulus measures. Michael Guido, director of hedge-fund sales at Macquarie Capital USA Inc. in New York, said: "It looks like gold will carve out new highs until further notice. The Fed made it quite clear that rates are going nowhere. The dollar is sinking. The bullish holders of gold are adding positions when the market makes a new high.”

COMEX gold for December delivery rose to a session high of $1,109.90 before easing off and settling up $5.70 at $1,101.40 per ounce.

okay matey...we get it....put it all in 1 thread.....

theres already too much crap floating around as it is.....

here's a thing, gold at record highs but if you want to buy krugs off e-bay (you may have reasons, having already bought too much from a source that has to report your purchase to HMRC ;)) the price is no higher than a year ago roughly when dollar was at the same price and there's hardly any krugs and no pandas for sale...suggests there is a huge disconnect, no 'real' demand...:confused:

Barrick shuts hedge book as world gold supply runs out

Global gold production is in terminal decline despite record prices and Herculean efforts by mining companies to discover fresh sources of ore in remote spots, according to the world's top producer Barrick Gold.

Aaron Regent, president of the Canadian gold giant, said that global output has been falling by roughly 1m ounces a year since the start of the decade. Total mine supply has dropped by 10pc as ore quality erodes, implying that the roaring bull market of the last eight years may have further to run.

"There is a strong case to be made that we are already at 'peak gold'," he told The Daily Telegraph at the RBC's annual gold conference in London.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...hedge-book-as-world-gold-supply-runs-out.html

Hi Black Swan,

Do you invest in any other metals or just gold? I've only just started and have a little bit of silver and palladium. I've read some interesting stuff about silver, I think it has a lot of potential but then again metals is more saving than investing for me, I plan on holding them for 20 years or so.... My little pension fund :)

Hi Black Swan,

Do you invest in any other metals or just gold? I've only just started and have a little bit of silver and palladium. I've read some interesting stuff about silver, I think it has a lot of potential but then again metals is more saving than investing for me, I plan on holding them for 20 years or so.... My little pension fund :)

Hi bud, I've been gold coin collecting for a few years now, but tbh 'cos the price sky rocketed it kinda ruined it for me and I scaled back once the price reached $900 fo the first time late 2007- last year. I was happily getting krugs/brits/maples for circa 300/350 quid at auctions 4-5 years back, recall paying 50/70 quid for scruffy sovs....

Got a bit of silver, lots of pandas, and a few bars, but not really that interested in silver. Waiting for some sense to restore to gold prices to re-start collecting, but tbh I now doubt whether that will happen short-medium, reckon it'll be like house prices; the huge liquidity unleashed will unederpin the false market for some time...

And at 7.44 am EST, it looks like gold is rallying versus the dollar. Interesting, and expected based on the economic news that's been filtering through from the USA. I'm in - anyone else? Still bullish on the dollar long term - in spite of this ongoing rally with gold.

Hi bud, I've been gold coin collecting for a few years now, but tbh 'cos the price sky rocketed it kinda ruined it for me and I scaled back once the price reached $900 fo the first time late 2007- last year. I was happily getting krugs/brits/maples for circa 300/350 quid at auctions 4-5 years back, recall paying 50/70 quid for scruffy sovs....

Got a bit of silver, lots of pandas, and a few bars, but not really that interested in silver. Waiting for some sense to restore to gold prices to re-start collecting, but tbh I now doubt whether that will happen short-medium, reckon it'll be like house prices; the huge liquidity unleashed will unederpin the false market for some time...

Yeah I see what you mean about the price sky rocketing. I've only just started in metals so to put a load into gold now would be pretty dangerous I think! I like the potential of silver, and the fact that I can buy BIG bars with my pennies! Is there a reason you prefer the coins as supposed to bars?

Sam.