Go away in May ...

The old traders' saying is:

"Go away in May ... and stay away until St Leger Day."

Today is St Leger Day.

:cheesy:

That's brilliant news!!!!
Does that mean we can get the volatility back into the markets :confused:

Happy St Leger Day everyone :p

The US markets normally pick up after Labor Day, but are a little late this year. We dutifully follow.
However, although there days when it is a hard slog - like all forms of work - there are usually good things to find if you look.
COVD in the US yesterday was a good example. Any half decent chartist would have made a nice little bundle on that one.
Another one, which I personally didn't spot, but someone I know did, was UHAEQ
There is still good money to be made even in difficult markets

Its quite astonishing. I'm in my first year of trading and in the last couple of days I have noticed a marked difference in the markets, almost easier to work them. How bizarre.

I found the Dow pretty hard to trade earlier on this year ( that means May, June, July, August and a lot of this month! LOL ) and I've heard people commenting (especially you, Skim) about how things change at this time. I never really believed it to be honest but as I say I have seen and sensed a difference.

I'm about to move to another country (yay!) so I'll finally be able to trade the US at "normal times"and not have to stay in every weeknight until 9pm!!! Hopefully this new "season" will enable me to have a profitable stay overseas.

Matt

Mr. Charts said:
The US markets normally pick up after Labor Day, but are a little late this year. We dutifully follow.
However, although there days when it is a hard slog - like all forms of work - there are usually good things to find if you look.
COVD in the US yesterday was a good example. Any half decent chartist would have made a nice little bundle on that one.
Another one, which I personally didn't spot, but someone I know did, was UHAEQ
There is still good money to be made even in difficult markets

Not true, the critical dates are May 16(Seasonal Top) and October 6 (Seasonal Bottom). You can test the concept at http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/editsystem?id=16696