Futex Investment & Trading Academy - is it worth the it?

salltbtch

I have done all my due diligence, I am happy about Futex and the trainers. BUT IS IT WORTH ALL THE MONEY?
I do not want this thread to become a "why don't you teach yourself for free", Because I have done all that, and have read all that on other posts! What I really need is TRADING ADVICE from TRADERS.

Please post only if you have been Trained by Futex - I would like to know from you if they were any good? They said they have trained 100 traders hands on since 2001 and have 70 people trading Prop for them today. My last due diligence is from those who have been at FUTEX or are there now.

How was it? Would you spent between 2k and 7k for the privelidge?

Sall

I have done all my due diligence, I am happy about Futex and the trainers. BUT IS IT WORTH ALL THE MONEY?
I do not want this thread to become a "why don't you teach yourself for free", Because I have done all that, and have read all that on other posts! What I really need is TRADING ADVICE from TRADERS.

Please post only if you have been Trained by Futex - I would like to know from you if they were any good? They said they have trained 100 traders hands on since 2001 and have 70 people trading Prop for them today. My last due diligence is from those who have been at FUTEX or are there now.

How was it? Would you spent between 2k and 7k for the privelidge?

Sall

Check their testimonials : HERE

they have some happy traders there (y)

Having spent time with the guys at Woking, and in London, I was told 90% of the office went thru the training school. After speaking to some traders I had no reason to think this was not true. Not everyone made it though, so be careful, doing the course does not guarantee success. However, ASK TO VISIT before spending any money. If you are not happy do not pay. If you like what you find and are willing to give it a serious bash I think this can be a good route for an inexperienced person.

I am on their training course now as part of the March intake, so I can give you a little insight; I firmly believe that moving to Woking for this opportunity is the best decision I ever made, hands down. It will take time and dedication, and it might not be a smooth ride to the top, but the facilities and training I am receiving will get me there exponentially quicker than teaching myself; I have learned more in 3 weeks than I knew from 6 months of my own research, including things that I would never have been able to discover without being in the presence of other traders all day, every day.

In short, I would absolutely recommend it. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

SL

I am on their training course now as part of the March intake, so I can give you a little insight; I firmly believe that moving to Woking for this opportunity is the best decision I ever made, hands down. It will take time and dedication, and it might not be a smooth ride to the top, but the facilities and training I am receiving will get me there exponentially quicker than teaching myself; I have learned more in 3 weeks than I knew from 6 months of my own research, including things that I would never have been able to discover without being in the presence of other traders all day, every day.

In short, I would absolutely recommend it. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

SL
sounds impressive

I have been at Futex for a couple of years. If you want to make a career of trading you need the best set up and support and you will get this from Futex. There are no golden tickets or holy grails in trading but the training at Futex is as good as you will find.

Your trading success is down to you as an individual and most people don't make it, but by being with Futex you are giving yourself the best chance you can.

Your trading success is down to you as an individual and most people don't make it

Does that include those who take the Futex training ? Also which training did you take as I understand there are two options ?

Paul

they have classroom and online trading - both of which include time on the trading floor. I think it is the time on the trading floor that is the best part of it. Being in amongst "real" traders.

thanks for the responses ; are there any updates from anyone who has taken part in Futexs training lately?????

i am a bit confused by their website: they have a tab "futex academy" and a tab "career opportunities". on the career site, it is stated that with a good CV and successful assessment center, you can do the trading floor training there. however, under the tab "futex academy", it is stated that trading floor training costs 7500GBP. can someone confirm the "career opportunities" that you need to go through an assessment center for, are actually super-expensive courses ?
the whle thing looks like a scam to me, just look at the pictures of the surfing babe and the luxury car.......

i am a bit confused by their website: they have a tab "futex academy" and a tab "career opportunities".

Based on previous board posts, it would seem If you dont make the grade for the 'career opportunities' you can pay for the same level of training yourself.

Seems like they get hundreds of applicants and they only chose a few.. but if you dont get chosen but still want it bad enough you can pay for the training and back yourself...

If trading success got me a hot surfing babe then I'd say it was a worthwhile career move! She'd need to have a good personality as well though...

As I understand it less than 1% of applicants get accepted to be trained and backed by the elite prop houses such as Futex. Trading is a difficult business, not just in learning to understand the markets, but in the amount of effort and perseverance required to succeed. You need to be able to take a beating and still jump out of bed and rush in to prep for the open the next day with the enthusiasm of a spring bunny. Would you back anyone by funding their training, education, compliance certification, data feeds, news wires, trading platform costs, margin requirements, access to economic research, coaching and trading losses in the early days unless you were absolutely convinced of their suitability in terms of learning aptitude, innate intelligence, numerical ability, economic understanding, psychological profile, determination and desire?

I do this for a living and I say 'NO'!

Remember these are not small sums of money we're talking about here. If there are doubts over your suitability on any of these scores it's likely you won't make the cut as there are no shortage of applicants for such privileged positions. It's an overstated truism that any time you sit down to trade you can, quite literally, make silly amounts of money. If you've got the balls, and you've paid your dues, and you know what you're doing. The only way to get there is with a serious amount of screen time and with some expert guidance from those who've already been through it. To think otherwise is a misconception.

Training costs from reputable companies can be on the steep side, but deservedly so - they have something of real value to offer. You may think you'd be better off going for a bargain option, doing your own research and sticking the remainder in a trading account. The most likely outcome of this, however, is that you get trained inadequately, lose your cash and are back at square one none the wiser for the experience. There are many, many offerings on the trader training front these days, but quality varies wildly. An obvious rule of thumb when selecting a training provider is their track record of success (yes, testimonials can be convincing from recent course graduates, but have they actually made money from the markets yet?). I would say that training given by an established proprietary trading house is naturally going to be a cut above the rest. Think of all the big traders that came through Refco such as Lawrie Inman. Since we're talking about Futex, think about Bradley Young who featured in Trader Monthly's 'Top Traders Under 30' section. We're talking BIG money here. To have the opportunity to be taught in the same environment and go through the same training process is absolute gold dust.

If you believe you can make it as a trader you need to be honest with yourself, and it's also diffcult to judge the realities unless you have some experience of trading and/or the markets. If you do have an interest in the markets, I would recommend having a dabble to familiarise yourself with how they operate but, unless you're willing to invest in your own education, you might as well just hand your money straight to all the properly trained traders out there and forego the commissions. Or, smarter yet, just stick it in a tracker fund. When it comes to trading, false economy is exactly that. I've seen plenty of traders make it, but I've also seen a greater majority fail. Even if you do, wisely in my opinion, pursue a training opportunity with a prop house; you must listen to the trainers - they know what they're talking about; you don't. Any opportunity that allows you to mingle with actual traders doing this for a living is invaluable - unless you know what other market participants are thinking and how they're likely to react you're doomed from the start.

It might not seem it but I think this advice to be quite positive!

Nuff said.

Futex Investment Academy

The graduate program seems to be a great opportunity, £400 while training for 3 months, anf £500 for 3 months while on simulator. But what then? What after 6 months? It can take more than 6 months to start trading profitably...

Last edited:
The graduate program seems to be a great opportunity, £400 while training for 3 months, anf £500 for 3 months while on simulator. But what then? What after 6 months? It can take more than 6 months to start trading profitably...

i think what you get is very fair. Do you know alot of traning courses that pay you ?

(y)

yea sorry for not being clear, but i am not sure what kind of answer you are seeking.....

after the 6 months you either continue trading on the sim using all the equipment that they provide for free or you trade on the live market and you make money.