Forums : conflicts of interest

15 min tlb

Good traders/posters often get banned from many other forums , simply because they are negatively affecting the interests of forum owners and forum sponsors , not the traders.Forums are discussion boards where traders want to freely debate and discuss , but often views are suppressed by commercial interests Some posts and threads are opened to create feel good positivity on forums , and closing threads which depict the truths about trading realities and negativity.

Can there be trader's only forums?Needs threads to be clean of pollution from commercial vendors.Vendors should have permission badges to speak.

All forums are moving in that direction. T2w is probably one of the laggards. Perhaps you should open your own forum ? Without a way to fund it by making it enticing to spammers and commercials, I wonder how long you will last ?

If you do ever open a forum, I think boxes would be a major theme.

I will be moving along to solely trading and have no interest in opening forums or any other commercial activity .Without the forums I wouldn't have got the knowledge , and met some intelligent posters and the majority of 95%.

i thought i seen somewhere on here where you can have a private thread and can only gain entry by asking to join.

unless i was dreaming,
Just think a thread where only serious traders gather to discuss new ideas and approaches.
Say ten traders all working on the same problem,all coming at it from different angles what a powerfull tool that would be.

one can only dream.

i thought i seen somewhere on here where you can have a private thread and can only gain entry by asking to join.

unless i was dreaming,
Just think a thread where only serious traders gather to discuss new ideas and approaches.
Say ten traders all working on the same problem,all coming at it from different angles what a powerfull tool that would be.

one can only dream.

Indeed a dream, as 10 more people will join and ask you to prove it with statements..:LOL:

yes i'm sure your right malaguti, it was just a dream that would most likely turn in to a nightmare.lol

I assumed you are already a pro. So you are going to be one ? I hope your call outs weren't done on demo pips. That would be very, very bad.

I have other interests not associated with trading , pros eventually move away from forums , but the calls are all kosher on live .

but the calls are all kosher on live .

Good man. For a brief moment, I thought I might have to disassociate myself from a noob demo pips peddler.

Now that everything is above board, how about you stick to your box thread ? The mods seem happy to leave you alone in there, and there hasn't been any ninja spammers or commercials invading it.

All forums are moving in that direction. T2w is probably one of the laggards. Perhaps you should open your own forum ? Without a way to fund it by making it enticing to spammers and commercials, I wonder how long you will last ?

The power of the internet will enable individuals to walk away from information manipulating forums.Let us see how long it lasts.

The power of the internet will enable individuals to walk away from information manipulating forums.Let us see how long it lasts.

what is it 15 seconds? do you just love the sound of your own typing? Perhaps just condense all your threads into one with a title ...Blah ...Blah ...Blah ... (Free lulz)

what is it 15 seconds? do you just love the sound of your own typing? Perhaps just condense all your threads into one with a title ...Blah ...Blah ...Blah ... (Free lulz)

We could have a badge rebuttals team to kill of negativity instead of banning negative coiners i mean the hares and hounds of this world.You could be part of the posters team trying to kill of negativity.

Posting clowns should get rated by Lulz.

Accomplices of internet marketeers should an accomplice badge

Condensing threads would kill the knowledge .Some of the stuff in threads is priceless , but you may not realize it.

I don't think I have ever seen someone get banned from a trading forum for being a good trader.

For being an a$$hole, yes. Good trader, don't be silly.

I don't think I have ever seen someone get banned from a trading forum for being a good trader.

For being an a$$hole, yes. Good trader, don't be silly.

Not banned for being a good trader , but for being a pain to the internet marketeers.

A few sponsors selling courses ,systems ,software ,trading education etc which sponsors charge for , but a good come and gives it all for free , the sponsors would be livid.

Good traders/posters often get banned from many other forums , simply because they are negatively affecting the interests of forum owners and forum sponsors , not the traders..
spot on.. i just got booted from big mike forum :) their loss. none of them can trade lets boot those who can :clap:

lets revive T2W!

spot on.. i just got booted from big mike forum :) their loss. none of them can trade lets boot those who can :clap:

lets revive T2W!

With Lulz , down rate all good threads , cause no commercial interest and give 5 stars to threads of mates?:LOL:

Not banned for being a good trader , but for being a pain to the internet marketeers.

A few sponsors selling courses ,systems ,software ,trading education etc which sponsors charge for , but a good come and gives it all for free , the sponsors would be livid.

A fair point but not here as long as long as I'm in charge. Advertisers have no say whatsoever as to what is in the forums so if anyone did come along and offer some great stuff for free then that's just healthy competition as far as I'm concerned.

In any event I don't see the problem, great stuff means more vistors. This makes us more attractive to the advertisers so we get more revenue to keep the site running and make improvements.

But whatever happens, the independence of the forums will not be compromised.

sorry - I cant even remember what this thread is about after reading the 3 pages of banter.......

N