forex trading is so hard...

EURO rising so far...thank god!

i prayed a lot, and my prayer is heard!

Is praying part of your strategy? I've never tried it, does it work?

I'd like $5000 per week, can you recommend a good prayer?

Many Thanks

Billy Bóllocks

Is praying part of your strategy? I've never tried it, does it work?

I'd like $5000 per week, can you recommend a good prayer?

Many Thanks

Billy Bóllocks

5K/week is that all?

fridays are a waste..

if making real $ i'd take ALL fridays OFF

3 day weekend! babes & booze, and back to the "office" real EARLY MONDAY

to start SLINGING again:)

i don't know why but fridays currency pairs just sit on their hands ...

i mean WTF fridays are another trading day right??

5K/week is that all?

fridays are a waste..

if making real $ i'd take ALL fridays OFF

3 day weekend! babes & booze, and back to the "office" real EARLY MONDAY

to start SLINGING again:)

Why stop there? You could have an algo do the slinging whilst you spend all week drinking, snorting and tossing dwarves.

Welcome.to.my.world...

i don't know why but fridays currency pairs just sit on their hands ...

i mean WTF fridays are another trading day right??
There was one opportunity today on cad but besides that nothing on the board. Trading every day only makes sense when drivers are at work in the market

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There was one opportunity today on cad but besides that nothing on the board. Trading every day only makes sense when drivers are at work in the market

Did you trade this particular data release? I was initially perplexed by the strength of the initial 5 minutes price action after the data release as headline numbers did not seem significant enough as a miss to generate such weakness in CAD.

This commentary came in through Forexlive on the CAD data "The CPI came in mostly as expected, but the YoY did dip to 2.2% vs 2.3% expectations. Then there was the retail sales. That headline came in at 0.6% vs 0.3%, but all the gains were in the volatile auto and parts. Looking at the ex auto and parts, the number was -0.2% vs. 0.5% expectations.

So the nuances of the data was enough to push the CAD lower as traders started to take out the prospects for a tightening at the next meeting. In fact, the chances for a hike at the May 30th meeting fell from 43% to 28.3% currently (as per the OIS market)."

I did consider a trade on price action and market structure but given what was happening and RR it was a difficult proposition as explained in the attached chart on a 1 min TF.

Nspupti.gif

Did you trade this particular data release? I was initially perplexed by the strength of the initial 5 minutes price action after the data release as headline numbers did not seem significant enough as a miss to generate such weakness in CAD.

This commentary came in through Forexlive on the CAD data "The CPI came in mostly as expected, but the YoY did dip to 2.2% vs 2.3% expectations. Then there was the retail sales. That headline came in at 0.6% vs 0.3%, but all the gains were in the volatile auto and parts. Looking at the ex auto and parts, the number was -0.2% vs. 0.5% expectations.

So the nuances of the data was enough to push the CAD lower as traders started to take out the prospects for a tightening at the next meeting. In fact, the chances for a hike at the May 30th meeting fell from 43% to 28.3% currently (as per the OIS market)."

I did consider a trade on price action and market structure but given what was happening and RR it was a difficult proposition as explained in the attached chart on a 1 min TF.

Nspupti.gif

Morning Brumby

I did take this on the release. My thinking at the time was the lack of cpi growth and core sales. I was also watching oil running lower into the release. The lack of cpi growth put any hike on ice with the core sales being the nail in the coffin. I was also in the mindset that this was the only opportunity on the day so there was likely going have have some attention if it was soft. I was expecting a softer reaction so only took 25 pips from the trade.

I trade like this all the time. After huge candle spike, I try get in for couple more candles, looking for exhaustion. I short when I think I see that for the retrace. Then cover, try get back in for another run higher. Get out higher (hopefully), but then wait for nice little drop into "the pocket". take another long, this one let it claw & climb higher. Get out. then wait & see what happens, thats how i scalp that chart..

:cool:

another saturday, looking over charts manually testing ideas for next ....HRS

tomorrow more of same. be ready for next week.

I trade like this all the time. After huge candle spike, I try get in for couple more candles, looking for exhaustion. I short when I think I see that for the retrace. Then cover, try get back in for another run higher. Get out higher (hopefully), but then wait for nice little drop into "the pocket". take another long, this one let it claw & climb higher. Get out. then wait & see what happens, thats how i scalp that chart..

:cool:
Just a suggestion because its definitely going to chew through your account. Don't trade against a move. Why don't you trade with the move off the bat? Getting in on a retrace is okay but not nearly as lucrative as getting in off the initiator.

I did take this on the release. My thinking at the time was the lack of cpi growth and core sales. I was also watching oil running lower into the release. The lack of cpi growth put any hike on ice with the core sales being the nail in the coffin. I was also in the mindset that this was the only opportunity on the day so there was likely going have have some attention if it was soft. I was expecting a softer reaction so only took 25 pips from the trade.

FXX,

Good read and trade on your part. I wasn't connecting the dots as quickly. I was aware that OIS was pricing in a 43 % probability going into the release but forgot about the BOC dovish data dependent stance in the April statement.

Just a suggestion because its definitely going to chew through your account. Don't trade against a move. Why don't you trade with the move off the bat? Getting in on a retrace is okay but not nearly as lucrative as getting in off the initiator.

Actually, I know this already FXX but thx for suggestion anyhoo.

I try to do both because I see so many lucrative retraces mostly after the fact.:eek:

At the first time you place an order you will loss som $ depend on your broker spread. Try to analyze with higher chance to win and get profit.

Has my thread become a suppository for every new t2w member to get his obligatory post count and get off probation ;)

dead in water for taking on new trades till EURO "retraces" a few hundred pips.

it's oversold i know :innocent: