'Featured Discussions' - Do You Use It?

Tim

Ive never even noticed the featured threads either. I just head to the
latest threads or the latest posts as i know they are the latest to be commented on.
To be truthful ive been on here for a few years now and when i first came on i was
like a kid in a sweet shop as i was on here that much. I had to show the missus what
i was constantly looking at as she thought i was doing a Spanish on dating threads.

Dont know if its been brought up but i woulkd love a calendar on here that syncs with
my time. FF and DailyFX Calendars are 1 hr behind or 4 hours in front no matter how many times i adjust my setting or the website settings so would be good to get a
T2W Calendar. Also a regular trading comp going.

Ged

Tim,

My bookmark goes straight to "New Discussions" - generally that's where I find most interest. I occasonally go to the Home page where "Featured Discussions" is located, in order to relieve boredom! The best feature there is the articles but they come up for review on "New Discussions" anyway.

The "Featured Discussions" is largely irrelevant IMHO since you'll see them in scrolling "New Discussions" anyway.

On a more general point: the Home page may be an advertiser's (and Sharky's wallet) delight but it's basically full of rubbish in the best modern style of looking good but not actually achieving anything much. That's how it seems to me - maybe lots of newcomers view it and succumb to the ads but I suspect anyone who's been around a while may find it of little value.

I would be happy to go in via the Home page if there was something on it to attract me eg. Article of the week; post of the week/day; one of the mooted interviews; a selection of quality financial press extracts including the mags - must be scope for a joint advertising venture there?

The "Review" part is interesting - to see what other people think but it's not always qualified opinion. I'd like to see reviews of financial software; trading hardware etc done by experienced and competent traders - something along the lines of Car and PC magazines. That sort of info is both useful and interesting - even if not acted upon: we all read about the "Market Wizards" even if we haven't yet got there!

Good to see you earning your keep.

DB

I personally think the whole front page could do with a makeover/major rejigging. Not meaning to be a pain here it's just what I think.

I personally think the whole front page could do with a makeover/major rejigging. Not meaning to be a pain here it's just what I think.
Hi TF,
You're not being a pain and you're entitled to your views. However, please be more specific in terms of what is wrong with the Homepage and what you'd like to see done to improve it. That said, I'd appreciate it if the focus could remain on just one element of the Homepage for the time being, namely the 'Featured Discussions' section.
Thanks,
Tim.

Could do with being toned down. Looks like it was designed by Fisher Price imho. That's why I use the 'quieter' blue version and don't use the front page as well.

"Looks like it was designed by Fisher Price imho"

Well then it is well targeted at one or two members.......:)

(NOT you GJ !)

Thanks for the feedback folks - keep it coming!
I'm aware that the Comp' is an issue that's close to the heart's of many and, as such, it's something I'd be keen to see return. It's on my 'to do' list and I will look into it in due course. For the time being, if the spotlight of this particular thread can remain trained on the issue of 'Featured Discussions' - that would be good. ;)
At the moment, it takes up valuable real estate on the Homepage and it isn't really earning it's keep. It needs to be made to work a whole heap better than it is at present or to be replaced with something more useful. If a Comp' is re-introduced then, in all probability, it would have a permanent home in the Featured Discussion section. So, fear not, it's not an either/or situation (forgive the double negative).
Tim.

Cheers Tim,

I'd like to see the old Dow comp back for various reasons. There is an 'outlier' who used to frequent these boards, chancer he was, fudged more trade results than i lost count of. He couldn't hide on that old Dow comp, it would show him up for what he really is.

I just can't think of that blighters name...

Firewalker99! that's it! I knew it would come to me in the end!

Cheers Tim,

I'd like to see the old Dow comp back for various reasons. There is an 'outlier' who used to frequent these boards, chancer he was, fudged more trade results than i lost count of. He couldn't hide on that old Dow comp, it would show him up for what he really is.

I just can't think of that blighters name...

Firewalker99! that's it! I knew it would come to me in the end!

Firewalker will definately not be entering a legit comp, he prefers rip-off ponzi schemes.