Fear of missing out

This thread has been a great insight into people on here and not only that, me as well.

Have to admit the temptation to get involved is back at these prices! Ripple is now right back down and trx at 3c has got to be worth a punt.

CV - what happened with your trade? ETX sent me an alert saying $8000, no shame in admitting you were stopped out (majority of my trades are!) and I’d like to hear your thoughts on what’s next.

I closed out for minor profit.

I don't do losses m8, what I do is manage positions overall to a net profitable outcome. Markets go Two ways and the only thing I need to control is my positions on either side.

Newt would love me to publish a statement :LOL: but he ain't getting One.

I'll send it you if you like(y)

Pure BS!

counter_violent was as bullish and giddy about bitcoin as every other clueless millenial on the planet. Now he tells us he closed out for a "minor" profit. LMFAO!

It's clear that counter_violent was educated at the same hindsight school of trading as Forexmospherian! LMFAO!

Confirmation means nothing

I don't give a flying fuсk if Brewski confirms a pissy profit you made on a toy bet. Your sentiment about bitcoin in this thread proves how utterly clueless you are. Damage control ain't gonna get you off the hook.

Boast at loud when long then use PM's for the result...what a load of absolute BS! :rolleyes:

Have to admit the temptation to get involved is back at these prices! Ripple is now right back down and trx at 3c has got to be worth a punt.

Ripple token is not even based on blockchain tech, not used for anything besides speculation and likely worth exactly 0

Aren't all cryptos likely worth exactly 0 though?
That depends on your point of view. If your are a dreamer then it's not a bubble, will replace fiat, is the solution to every problem capitalism presents. If your a realist then it's one notch under pig 5h!T (you can at least sell pig 5h!T for fertiliser)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Aren't all cryptos likely worth exactly 0 though?

Yes in my book, the only difference is some are blockchain based, others like ripple miota, etc are not... The other side of the coin (LOL) is that the blockchain technology is essentially a solution looking for a problem, so in the end both types of tokens are worth 0

That depends on your point of view. If your are a dreamer then it's not a bubble, will replace fiat, is the solution to every problem capitalism presents. If your a realist then it's one notch under pig 5h!T (you can at least sell pig 5h!T for fertiliser)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I am neither.

I'm just a guy looking to make some money.

I am neither.

I'm just a guy looking to make some money.

And that's the way it should be buddy!

I dont trade oil because I have a car and there for, an affiliation with the product, I trade it because I think it will move in a direction, simple as that.

Focus on managing risk, then the instrument is irrelevant.

Obviously crypto risk is higher as it "could" go to 0 or as near as.

So allocate for that risk, and all is fine.

Personally I think today was a cycle low spike in the main cryptos, and I will be looking for a buy on any cheap down test Monday if it occurs. For no other reason than price appreciation, and the fact Im willing to take the risk, and I will use no leverage.

Been waiting 2 months. Maybe Tar will sell to me, or maybe he wants more downside? each to their own

And that's the way it should be buddy!

I dont trade oil because I have a car and there for, an affiliation with the product, I trade it because I think it will move in a direction, simple as that.

So allocate for that risk, and all is fine.

Personally I think today was a cycle low spike in the main cryptos, and I will be looking for a buy on any cheap down test Monday if it occurs. For no other reason than price appreciation, and the fact Im willing to take the risk, and I will use no leverage.

Been waiting 2 months. Maybe Tar will sell to me, or maybe he wants more downside? each to their own

Yeah, some on here just have weird views on what trading is all about :LOL:

Oh well, onwards and upwards, unless it's down (y)

This is not the risk!

The risk is the hacks, the exchanges themselves and the lack of government protection in case someone runs away with your money...

I am talking here about real trading with 5, 6 and 7 digits accounts, not buying 1/5 of a bitcoin and selling it later for a few dollars of profit...

This is not the risk!

The risk is the hacks, the exchanges themselves and the lack of government protection in case someone runs away with your money...

I am talking here about real trading with 5, 6 and 7 digits accounts, not buying 1/5 of a bitcoin and selling it later for a few dollars of profit...

Not to me it aint (ie the risk), and thats the whole point.

I see your point also, but Im only bothered if I can take a couple of grand each time, if thats a few dollars to you fine, im happy to collect alongside my FIAT trading as I have been long pound for over 16 months now and that is where my moolah is.

But it does not stop me taking little chunks elsewhere.

I am not disagreeing with your points, but I don't think they are valid for the reasons that the majority on here trade. That's all a few of us are saying.

If someone is willing to put 7 figures into this then that's their issue, I wouldnt.

Not to me it aint (ie the risk), and thats the whole point.

I see your point also, but Im only bothered if I can take a couple of grand each time, if thats a few dollars to you fine, im happy to collect alongside my FIAT trading as I have been long pound for over 16 months now and that is where my moolah is.

But it does not stop me taking little chunks elsewhere.

I am not disagreeing with your points, but I don't think they are valid for the reasons that the majority on here trade. That's all a few of us are saying.

If someone is willing to put 7 figures into this then that's their issue, I wouldnt.

Frankly , I am not getting your point... anyway, maybe it’s just me...

Frankly , I am not getting your point... anyway, maybe it’s just me...

My point - Hacks, getting your money out, exchange regulation etc have no relevance to the likes of us whom trade via the likes of IG etc.

Yes, the spreads are wider, but they have their own regulations which are far more secure than the cyrpto exchanges you are talking about.

Then we are simply left with trading price, take a trade or not.

No need to complicate more than this.

My point - Hacks, getting your money out, exchange regulation etc have no relevance to the likes of us whom trade via the likes of IG etc.

Yes, the spreads are wider, but they have their own regulations which are far more secure than the cyrpto exchanges you are talking about.

Then we are simply left with trading price, take a trade or not.

No need to complicate more than this.

This is the crypto category of the forum, the spread betting category is 4 categories down...

This is the crypto category of the forum, the spread betting category is 4 categories down...

You may be interpreting the crypto forum in this way quant but i dont think it matters what type of account you are using to trade, if you wanna talk crypos this is still the place to be. Unless its something specific to SB of course and you feel it belongs in the SB world.

i personally bought and sold real coins but im done with it for now, it was just a trade. i didn't pay silly spreads but i did pay silly fees!

Last edited:
You may be interpreting the crypto forum in this way quant but i dont think it matters what type of account you are using to trade, if you wanna talk crypos this is still the place to be. Unless its something specific to SB of course and you feel it belongs in the SB world.

i personally bought and sold real coins but im done with it for now, it was just a trade

You are right, the category doesn't matter... we live in a free forum :D

All that said, the risks are more than valid, especially now... just watch Tether...

Its all relative to the UNDERLYING - The VALUE is "DERIVED" from the UNDERLYING.

To trade it we use a vehicle, be it SB, coinbase, CME; its all the same if one is simply speculating on the movement only. All have pros and cons.

Ill leave you to it:cool:

Just need to make sure that IG stay solvent long enough to pay me a couple of grand when me dives in next week;)

To others who maybe just browsing, everything about this business regards assessing risk. If one feels the risk is worth it, take your best shot while minimising the risk as much as possible.