Education for Traders

I came across this and thought of this thread. Here is part of a disclosure from an e-mailed offer I received to buy someone's system where he guarantees that he will generate $100,000 in profits or your money back.

"...The trade record does not represent actual investment results. Trade examples are simulated and have certain limitations. Simulated results do not represent actual trading. Since the trades have not been executed, the results may have under or over compensated for the impact, if any, of certain market factors such as lack of liquidity. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profit or losses similar to those shown."

I am a nobody, but understand that I am saving you thousands by telling you this. I have personally spent thousands of dollars on systems that simply do not work. Build up a very strong base knowledge first and then explore different courses.

Thank you Louis,

I am doing my best reading as much as possible. I think my understanding gets better, but if someone could not offer me a track record no chance

Put your money where your mouth is. I am not tempted by advertising like that.

My filter criteria apply for every coach.

Last edited:
Thank you Louis,

I am doing my best reading as much as possible. I think my understanding gets better, but if someone could not offer me a track record no chance

Put your money where your mouth is. I am not tempted by advertising like that.

My filter criteria apply for every coach.

The thing is that right above that disclosure was a link to his trading record and tax statements that brought one to a link that didn't show them. It's all very deceptive. Most don't trade and almost all never trade live. Their money comes from selling courses.

What type of trading do you want to do? I know you said no scalping, but do you have a preference for anything?

I am not sure by now.

I do not like to sit in front of the screen all day. I am ok with daytrading if I can put limits into the market like buy at x take profit at y.

That is the reason I need a coach with exact rules and no gut feelings.

For example if it wouldbe daytrading I want to check the markets before they open put in my limits and that is all.

I hope I can be more precise in the future

You are never going to find a coach who will give you the exact rules to profitable trading because they do not exist. At least not on a short term timeframe.

Financial markets are dynamic, constantly changing and extremely efficient. They are dominated by machines and other trading systems (built my extremely smart people with massive financial backing) all trying to scrape just 1 cent of profit. You cannot hope to compete with global giants like Goldman Sachs with a short term, systematic approach.

Your best bet is to look at much longer timeframes, treat trading as a part time endeavour, be realistic about your returns, and be flexible with your rules.

Hi,

thank you for your post. I do not hope that someone will teach me the holy grail. But I am looking for a profitable trader who can offer me a track record, because I think when you want to learn something find someone hwho already mastered it. is it a gurantee no way. Same like attending the university does it mean you will earn a lot of money ? No way you are just increasing the odds.

I do not want to scalp because I agree with you that it should be extremly hard to make any money.

Fortunately I do not want to be a full time trader or have to earn my money in the markets.

So far you are right I had no success finding someone who would be a good coach, but I never said it will be easy. Maybe you are right and I will find no one but at least I tried.

All have a wonderful start in the week
I will keep you updated

Hello Guys,

long time no hear from me. I researched a lot and I finally found a coach that convinced me.

I will start working with him next year. I have seen his track record and he is earning money without any doubt. He is not a gunslinger I could see that from the equity curve.

I will keep you updated if he is the real deal.

To all Merry Christmas and a happy new year

I have been playing the markets last few months with virtual money and think I should be moving on to the real thing. My trading strategy has been to trade the range, buying support and selling resistance. I have used the stop losses successfully to minimise losing trades but have a tendency to close out winning trades too soon. Is this psychology? How do I let the winning trades run? By the way, I have been more a swing trader, usually in the trade for days to weeks. I just don't have the nerve to day trade.

Also, when I look for stocks to trade I only go by resistance and support. Should I be using other indicators to justify selling at resistance and buying support. If so, which ones?

Thanks

To be honest I have no idea what you can do, because I am not an expert. As soon as I start trading with my coach I will post my trades here.

Maybe it is helpful for other and it will be helpful for me to see my process.

See you all next year

First, be positive in some information shared via internet. This will help us to enhance our chance to have good jobs especially in trading forex. Besides in cryptocurrency, bitcoin, I am also learn and now have good basic knowledge about forex trading. That is why I join and trade in accent forex, a real broker with good transparent.

can you give me more details of this wonderful opportunity? i have been looking for something like this four twenty days

Hello Major,
I will share more information later. First let me try. Like I said everything looks find and I am very optimistic, but still there could be something wrong.

Like I said I will post my trades here and see if it is really good.

I already learned that there are a lot of black sheaps outthere and I do not want to recommend anything like that.

I can just tell you that I will trade Futures nothing else

All the best

Me rich too please

First, be positive in some information shared via internet. This will help us to enhance our chance to have good jobs especially in trading forex. Besides in cryptocurrency, bitcoin, I am also learn and now have good basic knowledge about forex trading. That is why I join and trade in accent forex, a real broker with good transparent.

I too want super riches. I have no accent but quite common habits. Look for many years for mentor me make rich like him.See through Broker how good to you.Mentor man what he charge?
Who make signal that me follow to get rich?

Long time no hear from me, but this will change now!

Since the 30th of April 2015 I am trading a real account. I only trade futures and the following markets

COFFEE
EMINI S&P 500
EMINI NASDAQ
CRUDE OIL MINI
WHEAT
10 YEAR T NOTES

The last days were very good but it will not be like this all the time. I will try to post accoutn statements every weekend so that you can see that I put my money where my mouth is. From time to time I will try to explain my trading.

If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact me

Date Market Profit/Loss in US-Dollar Contracts

30.04.2015 Coffee (KC) 1706 1
30.04.2015 Nasdaq emini 865 1
30.04.2015 Crude Oil Min 287,5 1
30.04.2015 Wheat 425 1

Daily result: 3283.5

01.05.2015 Coffee 675 1
01.05.2015 Wheat -162,5 1
01.05.2015 S&P emini 387,5 1
01.05.2015 Nasdaq emini 615 1

Daily result: 1515