dukascopy slippage and overall turnaround costs?

kwickwool

All,

I am scalping the EURUSD with Dukascopy and am finding the constant slippage with instant market orders and stops bordering on the ridiculous? the platform and execution awesome etc however but with my trading style as in >75-100 trades per day each slip is eating into my profits?

I have just opened an account with pepperstone and going to run side by side to see how they compare?

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences and for my type of trading a specific broker that will prove less costly?

thanks all, and good luck.

kwickwool

All,

I am scalping the EURUSD with Dukascopy and am finding the constant slippage with instant market orders and stops bordering on the ridiculous? the platform and execution awesome etc however but with my trading style as in >75-100 trades per day each slip is eating into my profits?

I have just opened an account with pepperstone and going to run side by side to see how they compare?

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences and for my type of trading a specific broker that will prove less costly?

thanks all, and good luck.

kwickwool

I have the same problem with Hirose, the spread is normally 0.7, but slippage is constantly there, Friday got to 3 pips, insane.

A few traders have also mentioned Pepperstone to me, but the costs with them in both accounts is above 1 pip,( something about 1.3 to 1.6), which is not good for what I am doing.

I am going to have a go with MB trading from tomorrow and see how they behave.
MB Trading UK - Free E X N

Keep in mind that I only take maximum 5 trades per day.

Anyway let me know how it goes with Pepper, I will you update you with MB.

I also find this one yesterday, but never heard of them before.
https://www.exness.com/

Last edited:
All,

Are you using the maximum slippage control option?

yes using 10 pip maximum slippage as thought that was just for a large movement and gap in the market, just don't expect to get slippage on every trade, if i changed this to zero could poterntially not get filled then potentially big issues?

Just want to add to my comments above, i do understand that slippage is part of the real markets dynamics as in the markets will almost always move over your stop and the chances of hitting your direct stop with no slippage virtually nil, but have done a bit of google searching and dukascopy have from an independent source an average slippage of 0.92, that can't be right can it as in an average? when i say this can't be right i am not disputing the figure as find slippage terrible with them i am saying that find it hard to see how the real market provides that much slippage on an average?

kwickwool, what typical slippage are you getting on your EURUSD trades, in regualr hours and when there's no news announcement?

If you trade with limit orders, are you getting similar slippage in your favour?

As for the 0.92 figure, it's hard to judge without knowing how it is calculated. Is an order filled at the correct place counted as 0 slippage or is it just ignored and only those with positive slippage are used for the average? If it's just a normal market then 0.92 seems high, but over news or leaving over a weekend, then slippage could be large.

As you say with limit orders should always be a bit of give and take, with stops always going to be a bit over but have been finding just too much cost for jumping in and out, need to look at it all as they are one of the best for sure.

Last edited:
yes using 10 pip maximum slippage as thought that was just for a large movement and gap in the market, just don't expect to get slippage on every trade, if i changed this to zero could poterntially not get filled then potentially big issues?

Why not experiment with different values, 0.5 to 5 say?

Hi, spoke to customer services with dukascopy who have been very unhelpful. Their answer was simply "when placing both market and stop orders slippage may occur"

Have traded 25million with them over 2 days and calculated approximate total turnaround charges of £2500 which includes spread, slippage and commission. Using market entry and stop with slippage roughly calculates to a 2.7pip charge per turnaround, ridiculous.

I would try different slippage numbers but don't see why i should, i want to get in at market and have 100% confidence my order gets filled when i need it to all with the minimum costs and slippage. May find that changing the slippage to 0.5 works fine for first 20 trades and then stop doesn't get filled and costs me huge.

Dukascopy no doubt have a big problem with slippage, you will find it all around the internet and although am going to miss their JFOREX platform as pretty awesome, not saying i won't go back as know their reputation is good and other traders like them, but for me and my system and type of trading just too costly. Maybe using limit orders and trading they are better but that is not the way i work?

Have opened up a pepperstone razor account, spreads are almost half of dukascopy added with their commission and lack of slippage i experienced so far with them saving me almost half my costs. MT4 not the best platform for rapid trading but it is workable.

anyway, g/l all