Dow Jones 17000?! - Time to short big?

Doomberg

Established member
What we thinking guys, is it time for a big retrace?

Or is the long term uptrend just too strong?

Anyone ready to short big?

UtOh Doomy is back :LOL:

On the basis that there is always more pension money to be invested in the markets, why not play a longs strategy and hedge out on the short side when conditions take a turn?

Seriously, trying to time a top is just a waste of time isn't it ?

Yeah but everyone's pension are doing crap, i might just do a huge short:LOL:

And win ziiiiiiilllions :clap:

Why Why Why Why Why. Is that round number too big for your brain to cope with?

What could possibly be your reason to short? Please do tell. And "because were too high" is NOT an reason.

Agree with cv , i would definitely take a long term position trade - or options - with a wider stop and let it run , these losses adds up ...

And, lets be clear here, shouldnt your thread be called "Anyone shorting the Dow Jones? pt 3"
Because "Anyone shorting the Dow Jones? pt 2" was a spectacular failure. How much did you lose that time ... http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/165168-anyone-shorting-dow-jones-pt-2-a.html#post2056256
"It's at a massive resistance in my opinion... if you remember correctly i forecasted just under a 1000 point fall last time i did a Dow thread. I'm normally an intraday trader but this looks juicy as hell. I'm in at 13605.6 and my stop is 13668. "

It literally went straight up 2,200 points from your call without stopping for breath.

Attachments

• NoDoom.png
    NoDoom.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 496
Last edited by a moderator:
What about shorting the VIX?
Least you short and it's a kind of negative thinking.

Heeeeeear we go 10kGBP short

£100 per point short, entry was last night at 17049 stop is at 17149 :clap:

If / when it reaches 17000 I'll see what happens, if it breaks properly then I'll ride some big profits and put my stop at 17010 and hope 17000 is good resistance again, and at this point I may even add to my position.

EDIT: Stops are are moved 10 points above last weeks highs for now so 17085, so a much lower risk now :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
£100 per point short, entry was last night at 17049 stop is at 17149 :clap:

If / when it reaches 17000 I'll see what happens, if it breaks properly then I'll ride some big profits and put my stop at 17010 and hope 17000 is good resistance again, and at this point I may even add to my position.

EDIT: Stops are are moved 10 points above last weeks highs for now so 17085, so a much lower risk now :cool:

Regardless of whether its a profitable trade or not (we will soon find out) I'm really curious as to why you have done this? It looks like a complete coin toss, are you a coin t0sser?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upped to £400 a point

Because the Dow should not be at that level and it was "good news" after good news last week that pushed it up to make the sheep of America believe everything is going to be ok. In return this pulled up the Dax to 10000 which it doesn't need to be at so I've shorted that at £250 a point and added £50 to my dow. Hold tight guys because this is going to be f ucuking roller coaster

Wish me luck :clover:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 436
Because the Dow should not be at that level and it was "good news" after good news last week that pushed it up to make the sheep of America believe everything is going to be ok. In return this pulled up the Dax to 10000 which it doesn't need to be at so I've shorted that at £250 a point and added £50 to my dow. Hold tight guys because this is going to be f ucuking roller coaster

Wish me luck :clover:

"Because the Dow should not be at that level..." :rolleyes: :whistling

http://www.random.org/coins/?num=1&cur=60-usd.0100c-washington

Why Why Why Why Why. Is that round number too big for your brain to cope with?

What could possibly be your reason to short? Please do tell. And "because were too high" is NOT an reason.

Good LUCK. Your going to need it. :LOL:

Given your base funds are spot on £10k , I assume this is a demo account you're using?
Either way I wish you well...

Shut the F up postman, most of you lot in here are bitter tosses who have no life so come in here and all argue and tell everyone how they are going to fail. Well guess what, if I fail I fail but right now I don't seem to be doing to bad with my analysis.

To anyone who has anything positive to say, you're more than welcome... And constructive critics is fine, just not from f ucuking postmen :LOL:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Given your base funds are spot on £10k , I assume this is a demo account you're using?
Either way I wish you well...

It's not a demo mate, the 10k is just a figure I decided was the maximum I wanted to risk last night before I started my 1st trade and paid it in to IG

It's not a demo mate, the 10k is just a figure I decided was the maximum I wanted to risk last night before I started my 1st trade and paid it in to IG

Ok, do you have a target in mind... or are you just letting it ride for kicks?

To anyone who has anything positive to say, you're more than welcome... And constructive critics is fine, just not from f ucuking postmen :LOL:

How can we constructively criticise a coin toss?
You have no reason to enter, no strategy, and no exit point.

You have gambled DOWN 3 times on the toss of a coin and if you get lucky this time you'll think you the dogs.

If you really want constructive criticism give us something to go on not just "I dont think it should be at this level".