Dow Intraday charts 15/Mar - 19/Mar

funny that - was just abt to post that my current fav 60min/20 EMA didn't quite works as resistance, but 60min/20MA did :)

and now, the 60min/50 EMA is working as resistance.

urgh!

anyways, if this thing closes above the daily/100 EMA, i'm gonna try a lickle ovnight long

Naz - could almost be a Nasdaq stock moving like that....!? :cheesy:

a touch on the 50% fib was all it needed.........whoosh...!

(mind you, a whiff of Bin Laden may have helped....... :confused: )

Yes great ride up.... 50% and a rumour..fantastic stuff :cheesy:

Early November is more like for Bin Lid..IMHO :eek:

CJ

BBC saying OSB IS NOT part the group surrounded

Last edited:
Not a bad guess last night at a new channel. The news has skewed things a bit, making it look like there is a slope change on support. Triple Witching tomorrow? Could be interesting.

Attachments

• dow 18-03-04 10.gif
    dow 18-03-04 10.gif
    34.9 KB · Views: 364
Bit messy today, with a good example of the risks of the open stretched PD. 3 hours until it finally delivered. Taking a long at 235 at 15:45 would have meant a long wait and a possible losing trade as RSI support was lost at 17:25. Still, it only went 20 below the entry which is a normal size stop loss....
Apart from that , there was a real nice pullback entry after the real break, and a rocket to the top- anyone manage an out up at 320 ish?
Multiple attempts at 320 and a possible support slope change means we may get a break of 320 tomorrow. Here's hoping its to 450 .:) Apparently, every time I get the Dow comp wrong, my bank balance goes to zero. I just can't figure that out. :LOL:

Attachments

• dow 18-03-04 1.gif
    dow 18-03-04 1.gif
    24.9 KB · Views: 365
I’m still finding short duration PD/ND setups very reliable indicators for entering/exiting trades, and it worked well generally yesterday…..

The first long at 10240 was closed at breakeven (I could have had +10…!) as the index suddenly dropped from 255, but I should have been more wary as RSI was obviously weak indicating that it had further to fall.

The following two longs entered on PD yielded very good points, and I had a short down from the first surge up to 325 (well, having gone up to resistance so quickly, there was no chance it could hang around there for too long was there…… ;) )

No doubt, we all see something slightly different on the charts…….

Attachments

• 19-03-04.gif
    19-03-04.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 333
You're right Mom, but wouldn't care to bet on which way it's gonna break........!?

Sloppy price action so far.........must be this quadruple witching thats going on......

wonder if Buffy the Vampire Slayer is in on it...... :devilish:

Attachments

• 19-03-04a.gif
    19-03-04a.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 294
"Anyone catch any of the 'FED' whipsaw...?!

Went short at 195 and covered at 157 3 mins later.......

First time I've tried it.......... "

Tradesmart

How do you time the entries and exits for that :?:

Slow reaction to triangle breakout and quadruple witching today, maybe target of about 100-110 isn't going to be reached?

MGBRoadster – purely a speculative trade based on previous resistance at 10200 that day……

If I’d covered 27mins later, I could have done so at 10100, but you just can’t be sure which way it’s going to break…..

With fast 'whipsaw' moves like that you, just have to snatch what you can get imho, with a very tight stoploss…….

well that was a nice and easy tri break - shame i was on the train at the time ......

hope u all caught it.

You're right Mom, that lower high at 310 gave it's intentions away, and when the trendline at 285 was broken, the writing was on the wall - target yesterday's low at 215 ish...

there's a simple logic to these moves....(sometimes....! :confused: )

edit: 20.45 - target met and exceeded - cruising below 200 now.....that's put the bear among the pigeons........

(have I got that right......?! :cheesy: )

edit: 20.59 - those with bullish Dow Comp entries are cruelly thwarted yet again....!...given a choice between laughing and crying, I'll laugh anytime....... :LOL: :cheesy: :LOL:

edit: 21.14 - good call last night on the new uptrend lines CM, it's stopped right on the lower one - makes me suspect it could be a nice up day on Monday....

Last edited:
Yeh, but my bank account is empty again, apparently, having got nil point for the last I don't know how many weeks. I just love losing all my money and filling it up again. :) :)
Are you sure about the trend line TS? I had support at 250.... Is CCI going to drop to -200 or will RSI 20 provide support? Pass.

Attachments

• dow 19-03-04 10.gif
    dow 19-03-04 10.gif
    31.9 KB · Views: 264
A day for divergences. A TS day... :) 30 min divergences seem to be flavour of the week.

Attachments

• dow 19-03-04 1.gif
    dow 19-03-04 1.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 268