Does everyone use a demo account?

earlchristensen

40 5
I’ve heard traders complain about the huge difference between trading conditions on a demo account and real account. If that’s the case, what is the use of spending months on a demo account? Is there no alternative to it?

hatemypips

Established member
702 61
I use it occasionally for testing strategies but not too much because results on live differ greatly so it's a kind of first level of trading tests.

Marcellus8610

24 6
I use demo trading when I want to set up the basic start principles of the system at the very initial stages. Basically, I trade on a live account, even at the development stage, but with a small lot size.

reecerispoli

25 4
I’ve heard traders complain about the huge difference between trading conditions on a demo account and real account. If that’s the case, what is the use of spending months on a demo account? Is there no alternative to it?
Think there good for new traders and testing new strategies

sunnyday

38 7
Yes, I do use them because they are quite useful for backtesting and formulating your trading strategy. Also, it is good way to make use of them to get better in trading.

earlchristensen

40 5
I use demo trading when I want to set up the basic start principles of the system at the very initial stages. Basically, I trade on a live account, even at the development stage, but with a small lot size.
This is the best way to use a demo account. When you spend a long time on a demo account you get so comfortable that it gets difficult to adapt yourself to live trading.

Reactions: Marcellus8610

earlchristensen

40 5
Yes, I do use them because they are quite useful for backtesting and formulating your trading strategy. Also, it is good way to make use of them to get better in trading.
Since conditions on demo accounts and live markets differ so greatly, I am not sure how would it help to get better at real trading. I'm certainly not against demo trading, in fact that's my first advice to a beginner, but what about after that. Once you gain decent amount of experience, are demo accounts still helpful?

sebking1986

195 67
I think demo has an excellent role to play in not only developing a strategy but also in the ongoing education and practice of a trader that is live. Once I have made my trades I often then go onto a demo account and look to test and further refine my strategy.

Henow1969

304 37
Demo accounts are available for forex trading, which is a very good business. Having a demo account is a great facility for all traders. We can practice without any danger or risk. By practicing in a demo account we will get experience and learn our mistakes. Then we won't make such a mistake in the real account.

Marcellus8610

24 6
This is the best way to use a demo account. When you spend a long time on a demo account you get so comfortable that it gets difficult to adapt yourself to live trading.
Just each tool is designed for specific purposes and
each is necessary as much as it can be useful but now harmful

earlchristensen

40 5
I think demo has an excellent role to play in not only developing a strategy but also in the ongoing education and practice of a trader that is live. Once I have made my trades I often then go onto a demo account and look to test and further refine my strategy.
That’s a good way of testing your strategy. But don’t you think that you always get positive results when you are on the demo account but the strategies don’t work the same way on a live trading account.

tradingout

52 8
Demo accounts are the best for testing strategies. But you don’t feel real emotions by trading on a demo account. Instead of trading on a demo account, I always recommend learning to trade on a live micro account instead.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock