Does a closing (options) position need to be covered?

colorfase

I have a Buy to Close position via TD Ameritrade... in order to close out my position it is my understanding that I need to Sell to Close... my question is the following:

Do I need to cover the cost of the Sell to Close fees or will the trade (in profit, by selling) do that for me? (i.e. -- Do I need to have enough money in my account to cover the sale even though it will (hypothetically) return all my stock-options money initially put up + profit?)

REITERATION:

EX:

ACCOUNT: $5.00

POSITIONS: $1,038

ABC May 30 2018 100 Call (2 contracts - TOTAL)

EST. TOTAL (Sell-to-Close): $1,100

Do I need to deposit an additional $1,100 into the account just to sell/close the option I initially bought?

With Options, you close a position by trading the opposite to your open.
Example: When opening a position you either BTO Buy To Open or STO Sell To Open.
That can be both Calls and or Puts. That open position remains open until either 1. You close it, 2. You are potentially assigned or 3. It expires.
If you decide to close the position prior to expiry then you will either STC Sell To Close (the BTO) or BTC Buy To Close (the STO).
You can not initiate a position with a BTC ( as this is for closing not opening). Therefore you must have opened a position with a STO in order to require a BTC to close out your position.
BTW, an STO on its own results in a naked long, most option traders do not have that privilege associated with their accounts.