Does anyone have experience executing automatic orders with after market data only

mrdmorrison

I am curious to know if it is possible to be a trader and hold down a full time job without having access to the markets.

The only way I can think this could be feasabley done is to study the markets moonlighting using after market data and place orders for the next day, with limits and stops put in place.

Does anyone have any experience with making this work?

Re: Does anyone have any experience executing automatic orders wit after market data

that's getting rather complex, no experience in that area sorry

perhaps if you trade Forex (24 hour markets) you can come home, log in, enter your position with stops and log off

or use a mobile platform on an Ipad so you can enter the positions while at work

Re: Does anyone have any experience executing automatic orders wit after market data

I am curious to know if it is possible to be a trader and hold down a full time job without having access to the markets.

The only way I can think this could be feasabley done is to study the markets moonlighting using after market data and place orders for the next day, with limits and stops put in place.

Does anyone have any experience with making this work?

Yes its perfectly possible to trade whilst having a full time job. Just don't attempt to day trade. You will need to be looking at longer term trades so your primary charts will probably be daily and weekly rather than the small time frames that many use on here.

Yes its perfectly possible to trade whilst having a full time job. Just don't attempt to day trade. You will need to be looking at longer term trades so your primary charts will probably be daily and weekly rather than the small time frames that many use on here.

That's good as I'm looking to get back into trading. I suppose i could swing trade and look for a few day channels.