Do you enjoy the very process of trading?

Do you enjoy the very process of trading?

• I don't trade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

babyjake1961

For one, I hate it. Placing trades, following them real-time, and closing them out really displeases me for some reason, evokes all sorts of undesired emotions, and creates a strong sense of improper time spending. If I had to choose between trading manually or quit trading for good, I would surely quit.

I do enjoy scrutinizing markets for their regularities but once I spot those, I refer to a coder's help for a fully automated EA which I could later run off my VPS as opposed to manual trading (with the historical data tests as a pleasant and useful bonus).

I truly believe more than half of all trading losses are not as much due to flawed trading strategies (or a lack thereof) as due to the emotional human responses, greed and fear being the main ones. Another one is impatience wherby traders withdraw or double down after a losing streak. The reasons for impatience are mostly desperation and/or a desire to get rich quick and somehow seeing trading as one real way to do it. Had they researched, they would know the trading super-profits are delivered by the exact opposite - the compounding effect over many months of small profits.

I've known some people who were desperate to the point they couldn't wait a month. One asked me for a showcase run of one of my bots, I agreed, then he told me it would be a no-go if the bot does not deliver super-profits in as soon as a month. He said he couldn't sustain himself financially if he doesn't have his high trading profits every single month (like if we had an identical market every month). The man later fell victim to some online con in his desperate quest for a holy grail and lost even that little he still had.

I am not advocating EAs here, a lot in trading is discretion-based and one often can't squeeze that into a code. Trading is just a lot more like science and research to me than a source of income or gambling.

I don't hate trading, but I enjoy studying the market and learning about it. Trading makes me uncomfortable, but I try to stay disciplined and take my signals

Been addicted since the early 1980s .......love the puzzle.....love the challenge

I always enjoy my trading when i was winning but some hate develop in my mind when I lose but also check the process and avoid mistakes I have done in my trade and try to avoid it in my next trade.

I love it when I win and hate it when I lose, although the more I lose the less losing bothers me. I don't think it's healthy to get too excited about trading, a healthy attitude to trading of one of detachment.

Often people enjoy trade when they are earning profit and hate when they incur a loss. believe trader who is passionate enough to trade will not stop if he occurs loss instead he will find out a way to earn profit by indulging extra efforts into it.
You said it right. And that's how a trader should think.

I have a very neutral opinion on this - Sometimes I enjoy the process of trading since it gives you money but sometimes it gets difficult to understand the price movement and market conditions which leads to losses.
It requires knowledge and skill which has to be updated constantly because the markets are extremely volatile and uncertain.Its all about catching the moves.

I love it when I win and hate it when I lose, although the more I lose the less losing bothers me. I don't think it's healthy to get too excited about trading, a healthy attitude to trading of one of detachment.

therein lies the problem dude .....you have to not care ......its impossible but turn it into a boring business and you will then be successful