differing capital gains 15/16 to 16/17 gaining the 8%

JSMITH07611

hi everyone and thank you for the forum

my question is that if i have a cgt in 15/16 but want to differ to 16/17 as the rates are lower and i also get another 11k.
one idea that was suggested to me on another post was to invest in an eis.
so questions below.

1. is there a time limit to holding the eis. could i buy it and sell it a week later and have the cgt differed. i know there are 3 year holding rules related to income tax relief but my question is for cgt rollover
2 would this work for residential property that althouth the rates in 16/17 are 18/28% if i use these funds in eis and then sell them would i get the 10/20% rates.
3 also if i have cgt from 14/15 could i buy eis this year short term say for a week to differ those gains to year 16/17 and then next year buy and sell an eis again to differ the cgt from 15/16. the reasons that i would not want to hold eis for too long is that they are very high risk and even the low risk ones are still considerably risky.
4 if i sold a house in 16/17 and made 44k profit so 11k would be free. could i then in the future 3 years buy a short term eis of 11k each year thereby reducing the cgt to nill as one has three years in which to reinvest the profits.

the reasons are from this year on i probably won't have that much capital gains anymore.
thank you