Deal4Free just took £800 out of my account and won't answer the phone?!!

Baz79

Hey everyone

I can't believe what happened earlier on. My account with Deal4free has dropped from 800-odd quid down to £6.81, and I didn't even have a bet open!!!

What is going on here?! Anyone else had this problem?

I phone Deal4free and they said it was a 'software problem' (after having tried about four times and having them hang up on me). Naturally I was worried that they had gone bust and were shifting the money over to Tel Aviv or something...Apparently not...But I still haven't got the money back in my account yet.

They've admitted that the amount I specified should be in there, but the action hasn't been completed yet. Dodgy or what? I didn't go furious with them, but that is highly irregular. I'm surprised nobody else has posted about this today...

same thing happened to me- £1000 disappeared and they liquidated some of my open positions-I got through on the phone and they said should be sorted in next couple of hours and "don't worry." Seems a genuine mistake but I must admit my heart did miss a beat.

noggin

Its been a hell at deal for free

I cud not close my short trades as the system was down

And they wud not bloddy answer the phones!

Dow Trader

I dont use D4F but I would guess that if every customer calls them at once as may well have happened today then they wouldnt have the resource to be able to answer all calls at once. No excuse but a possible explaination and I hope you get it all resolved.

Paul

deal 4 free had quite a day -went long on a stock and they filled me 30 minutes later when the market was tanking - lucky enough they admitted they were wrong - but they took an eon answering the phone!

I had huge shock when I came home from work to find a margin call & 3K gone thought I had done something terrible only to find out it was D4F. Reassured me it was OK and told me to look at Client reports not client positions and this gave me my true reading even though my account said Nil.

Has anyone received an email explaining yesterday's events? I am not happy with them taking money out of my account twice in the past few weeks with no explanation or apology. It isn't much fun calling them all the time. Looks like they are about to loose another customer!

No problem here, but it is worrying all the same.

Suggest you send an email to the FSA. That should rattle a few cages at CMC.

Don't let the - - - - - - --s get away scott free!

Zebra.

well they still have not responded to my email regarding my faulty trade so if I have not heard by the end of today I will be contacting the FSA.

suggy said:
well they still have not responded to my email regarding my faulty trade so if I have not heard by the end of today I will be contacting the FSA.

if yuo get no satisfaction from the FSA, try the CKB. Find out who's responsible for yuor account and what make of car he drives. Include color

- Car Key Boi :cool:

I am coming to this late but about 3 months ago D4Fput a bet on my account that wasn't mine and it was a losing one. I was £300 light when I noticed and contacted them. They said it was a phone bet which had been placed on the wrong account and recredited me but there was no apology. It is a worry and I suggest all users check their statements very carefully.

Has anybody experienced this yet?

My mate was trying to log in today after having dodgy trades on his account, but it said he was already logged ...when he rang them they confirmed he was already logged in...until he told them he wasn't !!

I have had nothing but trouble from them for the past week & today they haven't been answering my phone calls & after contacting them via 'chat' they responded until I asked a specific question............then they cut off the chat connection & wouldn't re-respond.

this is very unprofessional & think I am going to take my cash elsewhere

Yes, I have to admit the lack of apology or anything was a bit annoying. I guess this is not the most morally correct way of making a living, and so everybody agrees to be terse, but that's not really the point when you are a customer and they take hundreds out your account with no notification and no sorry!!!

I was polite the first time, and nothing happened. Then I went into w.anker mode, doing my best to sound like the stereotypical Old Etonian, told them I'd be notifying the FSA, and that moved their asses.

Thanks for all the replies by the way.

:cheesy:

I can't believe the scope of the problems tbh. If I was a newcomer to the board I would assume D4F was some kind of cowboy outfit. cray when youu consider the amount of money they probably deal with.

CKB I heard you were a reformed character?

D4F

Know how it feels. I came home to find 4 margins calls from D4F and some #9000 missing. They said it was a software problem but the money was there somewhere. But I said you sent out margin calls so the money must have gone missing. I threatened them with the Theft Act and expected some form of response. Being an internet site the minimum they could have done is to send out an e mail to say the margin calls were actually in error or to put a banner on the login procedure to say they have software problems with the accounting, just to stop the potential heart attacks.

The anticipated apology came today - not a sorry but why did you take so long answering the margin call! Usually a good site but unbelievable here. Deserves a column in the newspapers. :(

I think it's downright criminal , anyone who stills trades with them are suckers . forget the FSA , they are in cahoots with all the SBs.

sidenote :

why don't the mods just put up a list of banned words , so we don't have to go through this ridiculous game of re - editing our own words . nobody likes their own words taken out of context - surely you understand this .

Last edited: