• Range trade within in the clouds ie the same-

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Back to the seabed--below 150 pips

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Does not make a difference...

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Being long @ 673 feels good. We've got some largish resistances at 816 and 827 (ish) that might cap us for the day I reckon.

Out @ 802. Don't think we'll go much higher this side of the weekend. However, I could be wrong.

at least you should get an exit time wise, you could always blame offshore for putting a jinx on it :cheesy:

for me Im out of cable and on the Dow looking for 200 points :rolleyes:

dc2000 said:
at least you should get an exit time wise, you could always blame offshore for putting a jinx on it :cheesy:

for me Im out of cable and on the Dow looking for 200 points :rolleyes:
...might break the trend and make some money today :D Good luck with DOW, must nip over to the thread next week..

ChowClown said:
...might break the trend and make some money today :D Good luck with DOW, must nip over to the thread next week..
+37.4 for the day....beans on toast for me tonight then. ;)

Last edited:
ChowClown said:
+7.4 for the day....beans on toast for me tonight then. ;)

Have you ever tried making your system a bit more discretionary? It would seem to help on days like today where there is a massive imbalance of sentiment.

City Bound said:
Have you ever tried making your system a bit more discretionary? It would seem to help on days like today where there is a massive imbalance of sentiment.
CB, this is a purely mechanical method (when i'm disciplined enough to trade it properly!) and historical as well as live trading shows it to be successful, by no means the dogs danglies but good enough to trade day in, day out and make a good living from (for my families needs at least). As such, i'm happy to leave as is and to be honest, discretion gets me nowhere :cheesy:

It's a good point though and one of the reasons why i'm now live (forward test mode) with an intraday trend method using a 15/60 min combo, which cleans up on days like today and the filters keep losses to a minimum during tighter range days. I think (for me) gradually developing, testing and learning to trust different successful methods is the way my business will develop.

Good w/e.