Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Reproduced from another Forum

Hey NVP.

If I'm not mistaken, you were also contributing with several posts on Dukascopy community site some time ago, were not you?
I admire your dedication and commitment of working with Forex indexes. I tried to do very similar things like you are doing but all my trials I have made with them failed. Being a programmer I spent literally thousands of hours developing and evaluating my own indicators for currency indexes in Java, C# and R. I've never found any statistical edge I could consider as exploitable and profitable trading strategy. It's nice to see that someone succeeded ;-).

I've found another way with some sort of leading indicators. It's good to see that everyone can have own path to profitable trading. What does not work for one it does for someone else. Keep it up!

Thanks !

I probably was on there ...i have been on so many forums sometimes I cant remember !

yes we all have our own trading paths to walk.....make it your own .....and go for it !

regarding my own style I do use Strengthmeters a lot ....but it is not 100% of my system ....there are ways to go 100% using strengthmeter based signals and whilst some are pretty damn good ......in truth nothing compares to mixing them with some other triggers I have developed over the years

N

HEY gang

IM on vacation at moment .....back after election ......I will try to trade by using the kit of a mate I know out here.......but Sod’s law I’m not at home......

WIll be a big payday on sterling whatever happens .....grrrrr

Well it’s that time again in the UK for us to play our favourite game show....I haven’t seen any politicians dancing on ice or eating witchity grubs to desperately garner votes yet ....but we still have time !

Ok to business.....forex market loves such weeks.....volatility increases and a good trader can make very good returns inside very short periods of time .....as long as they keep their heads and follow their drills .... No need for heroics and don’t let any big gains go to your heads....you cannot walk on water .....trust me....keep it simple .....

stop trading if you are screwing up....and let the trades come to you......be patient and trade what you see.....not what you think you see.....

Do these things and if you have a proven system that works you will be a lot wealthier than you are now by the weekend

Good trading N

nothing really opening up so far this week....

swissie is bull king on a 60 pip move

aussie , Kiwi and Jpy all south to 40s

gbp swingy so far ......nothing exciting .....

ZZZZZZZZ

to understand Forex you must step back and observe the whole market.....i have been doing this for 20 years and trying to help other traders do the same

to be diving in and trading individual pairs on specific patterns without seeing what all the 28 pairs in the G8 are doing is crazy to me ....but the majority of forex traders just trade a few pairs and ignore the rest

crazy
N

not worth trying to predict tomorrows outcome .....personally i feel boris WILL NOT get his majority

so i would be looking for hammering sterling south ......but however i will still trade what i see

at the moment for this week I now see Sterling getting sold .....shes now some 80 pips south on the week swinging 110 in the process from tuesdays highs ...............

so i am selling sterling already today so far mainly into Euro as usd and yen both spouth as well (correlations already a little screwed) ........but early days ...i will see how much i trade through the night ....depends on action and volatility .........if we see some unexpected seats won/lost then the fun really starts !

ok since i am limited in only 2 laptops with me abroad and some fairly archaic kit borrowed from a mate i will be lightweight on postings and updates ....i need to focus and use the limited kit i have

ok gang have fun
N

Attachments

• election week.JPG
    election week.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 108
morning all

Sorry i didnt post but one of my laptops was playing up a little and so was on skeleton kit abroad ....

ok what an interesting evening and night !

Brexit dominated the agenda with Traditional Labour strongholds migrated heavily to conservative by voting with their historical strong Leave preferences .........they want brexit done ...

my own personal labour gain theory blew up immediately the exit poll was taken .....but i hadnt traded a bean at that point ready to follow what i saw .....

the arrows show where i was active...i played a GBP bull bias initially but later on it became obvious a range was forming so i tried to play both extremes ..........

well done if anyone caught the initial swings (400 pips overall on the night) ..... im happy having played the initial 70-80 pip GBP second push and then playing the 70 GBP pip range later .......plenty of pips overnight for me

clearly I never came near the astronomical pips available on referendum night 2016 but that will probably always remain a lifetime best for me and many others who traded that occasion

so GBP gets into the 1.20's for Euro and 1.30's for USD .........the market likes a confirmed Brexit in 2020

off to bed - cheers all
N

Attachments

• election speaks.JPG
    election speaks.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 125
hey gang ....hope everyones ok ...sorry ive been a little busy and tradign but not posting

ok heads up on cable ....looking to rebuy at moment

N

Attachments

• CABLE REBUYS.JPG
    CABLE REBUYS.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 108
cable now been to 3028 from 3016 low.....i couldve gone in at 3018 but that was pretty hairy ...3021 did for me ....

i look for 5 pips or so to lock trade ....so job done ....all now about running and exits

thats it ...sorry i have some meetings ....i will try to get here more and call more ....sorry guys

hey gang ....hope everyones ok ...sorry ive been a little busy and tradign but not posting

ok heads up on cable ....looking to rebuy at moment

N

cable moved to 60 pip high so far off of the 3016 lows ....of course i didnt stay on it ...bailed earlier .....but still did ok

N

Attachments

• cable trade.JPG
    cable trade.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 118
cable moved to 60 pip high so far off of the 3016 lows ....of course i didnt stay on it ...bailed earlier .....but still did ok

N
Here are the 15 minute charts for GBPUSD, EURGBP & EURUSD for the last 10 hours with VRM levels. EMA(4,7) channel included . time GMT-4 .

NVP was right to be GBPUSD bullish initially as cable bounced up off the middle of its VRM long term trend channel at 1.3009 last night .

EURGBP then fell to the middle of its short term trend channel at 0.8472. Then cable turned bearish and EURGBP turned bullish. EUR sell off was greater than GBP buy in so EURUSD fell to the middle of its long term trend channel at 1.1069.

Lots of big spaces between VRM levels to trade between.

I will post again at the end of the day on the thread

Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics

2019-12-20-1400-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD-15min-15min.png

ps anyone on the cable at moment ? ....ive re bought at 3020...deja vue ?

Here are the 15 minute charts for GBPUSD, EURGBP & EURUSD for the last 10 hours with VRM levels. EMA(4,7) channel included . time GMT-4 .

NVP was right to be GBPUSD bullish initially as cable bounced up off the middle of its VRM long term trend channel at 1.3009 last night .

EURGBP then fell to the middle of its short term trend channel at 0.8472. Then cable turned bearish and EURGBP turned bullish. EUR sell off was greater than GBP buy in so EURUSD fell to the middle of its long term trend channel at 1.1069.

Lots of big spaces between VRM levels to trade between.

I will post again at the end of the day on the thread

Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics

View attachment 272032

And the GBPUSD is back again at the middle of its VRM long term trend channel at 1.3009

2019-12-20-1630-GBPUSD-15min-15min.png

hey guys ...sorry i was in a trading room calling signals for some traders when this earlier happened

otherwise i would have called it ......

Scrappy today so far .....on cable ...I was chasing some ghosts earlier in session this morning ...too eager and showing off ....those first 4 scalps were overall pretty B/e ....I was too eager and market hadnt opened up sufficiently

last couple were gold .....cable scrapes the 3020s and sells off some 30+ pips ...I was in twice as i was building a position.......
too easy into coming out around the low 2990s ......down to 2980s

lets see how rest of session progresses..........operating on initial T1 targets of around 5 pips (and equivalent stop levels at entry ) .....if i get a kicker on cable it pays pretty well......

and scalping allows around 2% of cap base for 5 pip stops ...off say a 20 pip move you do the math on ROIs

i only need 1 a day to make money....and it will pay for even 3-4 failed trades .......and believe me ....I do better than a 25% win rate ......

have a great day ....my last day trading as tomorrow with friends

N

Attachments

• cable 23rd dec.JPG
    cable 23rd dec.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 73
Can I wish everyone at T2Win a very merry Xmas and prosperous 2020

lets hope 2020 as lively as 2019 in forex market as it helps pay the bills

cheers gang
N

Hey Gang ....Well as Xmas approaches we look back on a very interesting year in Forex - looking from the start of January 2019 (chart below) ......Sterling (RED) GBP was again the currency to watch as it rampaged due to the Brexit Circus ... its also been about the (BROWN) CAD being a major Bull player and also the (YELLOW) yen (which has fallen now) .... Brexit and related Euro turmoil has also managed to drag the (BLUE) EURO into the lowest Bear Position for this year .......so 10/10 if you guys swung GBP off those highs and lows .......the GBP red selloff was pretty obvious looking at the second bounce south on the Chart off that resistance Zone - can you all see that ? - who says Trading is hard ? ......N

Attachments

• Forex G8 2019 performance  in 1 chart.JPG
    Forex G8 2019 performance in 1 chart.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 70
hey guys ...sorry i was in a trading room calling signals for some traders when this earlier happened

otherwise i would have called it ......

Scrappy today so far .....on cable ...I was chasing some ghosts earlier in session this morning ...too eager and showing off ....those first 4 scalps were overall pretty B/e ....I was too eager and market hadnt opened up sufficiently

last couple were gold .....cable scrapes the 3020s and sells off some 30+ pips ...I was in twice as i was building a position.......
too easy into coming out around the low 2990s ......down to 2980s

lets see how rest of session progresses..........operating on initial T1 targets of around 5 pips (and equivalent stop levels at entry ) .....if i get a kicker on cable it pays pretty well......

and scalping allows around 2% of cap base for 5 pip stops ...off say a 20 pip move you do the math on ROIs

i only need 1 a day to make money....and it will pay for even 3-4 failed trades .......and believe me ....I do better than a 25% win rate ......

have a great day ....my last day trading as tomorrow with friends

N

how nice has today gone gang ?

totally unexpected action on cable .....GBP getting clobbered ....

so an opportunity to get into a further 80 pips slide on Cable from earlier scalping action

nice end to proceedings for me .....

cheers
N

Attachments

• nice nice day.JPG
    nice nice day.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 138