Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

ok gbp selling ..........AUD is the bull so far ......USD is bull as well

ok cable selling down from 3060s to 2040s so far

N

Morning all ....

ok GBP was early bull........its faded now .........CAD is now pretty strong

i see yen , USD and euro struggling as bears

you do the math what ive been scalping :)

ive been in Ucad since 3307/8 ............sloooooowly working down to 3293

cable offered a nice move again about an hour ago for resells .....took from 3080s back down to 3070s

cant persuade ucad to sell so far ......but im generally swinging these 2 pairs against each other .....GBPCAD is obviously a better option but i dont trade those levels of spread when scalping .....

N

sorry guys - been tied up today and will be tomorrow.....consulting work and some renovation work on house

in FX its currency indexes that drive the performance of currency pairs (although 99% of traders only ever look at currency pairs the other way around)

so when a Currency index like GBP for example is showing a Support or resistance level ......that will generally indicate most of its currency pairs are doing the same thing

the time it is not happening is because one or both of the currency indexes are doing different things

Attachments

• GBPUSD vs GBP index correlation.JPG
    GBPUSD vs GBP index correlation.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 330
hey all

been a busy week for me but sometimes focused on other projects

the G8 this week have been pretty quiet in truth ....nothing got even near 100 pip Bull/Bear divergence from monday zero baselines

plenty of currencies took turns hitting alpha highs and lows......

CAD , GBP and then Euro were the main bulls at times
USD , CHF and Yen were the main bears

hopefully more lively next week

N

Attachments

• FOREX G8 week ending 12th April 2019.JPG
    FOREX G8 week ending 12th April 2019.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 302
morning all ......dead session so far ...cant get anything really moving ....typical monday

yen and usd been pretty neutral really.....euro looking Bull at times ....GBP , CAD and NZD been bear also

when the NZD and or AUD are big players in any session thats a nono for me .....they are C class celebrity currencies...... meaning its pretty ropey out there !!

scalping this morning for a while ....then a little tied up later on trader calls and some consulting

promising bear action on usd and yen early london......gbp bear so far as well

ive been tracking Cad and NZD, AUD Bulls for opportunities

ultmately im waiting for europeans to show their hands vs the Yen/USD action

GBP looking like it might come bull now ...im monitoring the 3060s zone on cable for patterns

watch this space

morning all

market is dead as dodo this morning so far ......usd looks bear so i am trying to work the europeans as bulls

but scrappy scalping so far ......

N

morning all....

ok still early days ...then im away for weekend

gbp is pulling south but usd is a little bearish as well so no to cable at moment

swissie is the buy .......

but i need market to open up more before storming in .....

N

hey gang

ok usd looking better and better as a bull this morning

im on Cable sells and also Ucad buys so far

N

urr guys ?....you better get to the boards and remove the chinese invasion ?

hey gang

ok usd looking better and better as a bull this morning

im on Cable sells and also Ucad buys so far

N

hey gang ....well it took some time but my initial plays earlier today above were persued through the day

i got cable sells back again from 2950s.....down to 2930s so far ...i missed the heavy selling from 3010 levels unfortunately

UCAD ive been working from 3370s to 3430s so far ...great run

N

Hey Folks,

Where do I get the latest version of the fxcorrelator indicator displayed on page 350 of this forum?

Thanks a lot.

Hey Folks,

Where do I get the latest version of the fxcorrelator indicator displayed on this page?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• FXCORRELATOR_BASIC_FREE_VERSION_2013.mq4
    6.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Simple Strategies using the FXCORRELATOR Indicator :-

Ok - I have written literally hundreds of strategies for using my indicator over the last 20 years or so.

However the primary use of this tool is to get traders onto :-

THE RIGHT CURRENCY PAIR(S)
AT THE RIGHT TIME
IN THE RIGHT PLACE

In other words the primary use of this indicator (and any FX strengthmeter) is to ensure traders are only focused on Currencies and related currency pairs with the highest probability of delivering winning trades.

Now there are many interpretations of this - just as there are infinite ways of determining what is a good trading signal or pattern - however in this article I will reduce the criteria to just seeking Pairs with strong trend signals for ease of discussion.

so heres my indicator on a pair that is demonstrating a strong trend .....

(See attachment cable 1)

ok lets remove the other currencies just leaving the Green USD and the Red GBP.....

(See attachment cable 2)

Better ? - ok if you read the guides published above and look at my videos on youtube you will know that the ZERO dotted line on the indicator chart is very important to my trading ......it tells me that any currency index ABOVE the zero is showing bull and strong for the Moving average being used (default 20ma here) and any index line BELOW the zero is showing bear and weak.

can you see how this immediately provides more information than just the dumb and humble yellow 20 MA line on the chart ?

not sure ?....see below and how we can identify the OPTIMUM and powerful situations when both currencies are showing Strength and Weakness at the same time ......

(See attachment Cable 3)

In this simple strategy we should only consider looking for trades when the 2 currencies are on OPPOSITE sides of the ZERO ......as any other time the currencies are on the same side (either both Bull or both Bear) and NOT displaying strong enough BIAS to consider trading

from this basic benchmark a trader can begin to introduce their more familiar signals / patterns and other indicators that they use to trade the market. However by this simple method they will now be able to remove at least 50-60% of the 28 Currency pairs available to trade in the G8 and focus on the BEST opportunities.

This simple and basic Rule is the foundation of literally Hundreds of FXCorrleator trading strategies I have used over the last 20 years ...it is the building block for many i still use , alongside more traditional chart based patterns and indicators combinations

try it in any trend following strategy and see if it helps you start focusing on the pairs that are trending ....rather than your 2-3 favourite pairs (we all have them) that you trade continuously and follow signals loyally.....

REMEMBER THIS

when you decide to trade a currency pair without consulting the Fxcorrelator there is only a 27/1 chance you are trading the best signal

.......do you really want to take that risk ?

N

Attachments

• cable 1.JPG
    cable 1.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 172
  • cable 2.JPG
    cable 2.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 154
  • cable 3.JPG
    cable 3.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
hey all ....

ok low volatility again today so far (well back to normal really until brexit warms up again)

euro and gbp are flagging sells .......usd is neutral ....swissie , cad indicating a little bull action

far too early to play as yet
N