Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

i am watching GU buys .the usd looks like its finally coming south again ......if the 3530's get breached it should be ok

ej is still in my sell sights..................yen has gone bull but the euro is fading bull as well at moment ............i lost 1-2 pips on it earlier ....but biding my time for another resell .....

hey all

after a slooow start the london market is warming up nicely

european currencies are mainly bull and ive been playing EU / GU buys
EJ has been ok as well

in truth usd is flat as a pancake so we need more from it later to make serious pips on usd pairs

gbp index has now swung some 40 pips from its earlier intitial low so plenty of pips in there to generate a few scalps for me on cable ...... EJ some 40 pips up now from 7am BST but i have not had anything like that out of it so far as i was faffing around and missed a couple of easy entries

N

hey all ....

still trying to get more action on the European buys into yen and usd ...plugging away today

usd is now in sell mode pre us opens .....so i'm on the right track

heres GU and EJ from 7am BST this Morning ....hard grind indeed !!

N

Attachments

• may 14th.JPG
    may 14th.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 112
gbp still the main bull currency since 7am BST .....

usd has been pretty flat though only getting me a handful of scalps so far on cable buys ...... GBPJPY or even GBPNZF would have done better overall ......but i rarely trade such pairs on such low TF's ....rarely below daily .........

usd is really coming bull at moment so i will wait for another rebuy opportunity soon .....

N

Attachments

• may 14th.JPG
    may 14th.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 104
slowish day today until around midday BST ..........then all hell broke loose on my charts

usd went parabolic buy .......and i just picked up the pieces selling into it .....easy money for 2 and a half hours !

cable was an 80 pip fall from when i was really hunting it ...........euro and Cad were also big sellers.......only the USDCHF pair would have been flatish really in those 2 hours

wish this happened every day !

N

Attachments

• cable sells.JPG
    cable sells.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 108
hey all.....

tricky morning so far .........I was calling usd as primarily bear for most of early london through to 9.30ish......i was looking for GBP but it was selling as well so no go on my favourite cable pair

I made do with buying yen and also cad and also euro into usd sells .........slow pickings but okish

finally I went hard USD bull around 9.20 BST.....my strengthmeters all aligned and i went hard on euro and gbp sells into a rising usd

better then .............see below ....the right chart is my fxcorrelator on a 20ma default setting on a 5min chart .........see how the green usd and Red GBP are both below zero for the first half of the session ? ...thats a nogo to trade them against one another .......as soon as the greenback went bull I ATTACKED the GBP which was still Selling below Zero ...I also attacked selling the BLUE euro which fell below zero just after the usd was above the zero .......so GU sells and EU sells ......ok ?

coincidence ? ........luck ? ..........perhaps .......but that luck seems to stick more and more after plenty of practice and training on the FXcorrelator and its derivative indicator friends

all of this kind of simple analysis can be done on my free FXCorrelator using a little planning, thought and training .......(See links below)

there are 28 currency pairs in the G8 ....why are you guessing or hoping that YOUR pair is going to be the best one to trade next ?.....28/1 odds ?........I prefer to reduce those odds using my FXcorrelator thanks !

Attachments

• 16th may FXCORRELATOR trades.JPG
    16th may FXCORRELATOR trades.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
hey gang ...post mortem on the posts above ...

you saw that i was continuing to try to resell GU late morning into us opens .....

actually trade 1 shown was not under same criteria as my video ....but for other reasons i took it as the risk / reward profile was so tempting ...... ~2 and #3 were more standard easy strengthmeter rules signals as per most of the mornings ones in the Video

so not so shabby today selling GU ......about 8 scalps in total with a good return on this pair .....one of the better trading pairs out of the 28 paircharts we have regarding todays opportunities

EU kept selling as well .....(not shown)

N

Attachments

• cable 16th may 2018.JPG
    cable 16th may 2018.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 103
morning all .....ok im nearly finished as other things to do today

USD has been bull all morning .....ive been buying it on bounces

sell wise its all been mainly GBP .....Cable is my favourite Pair ...especially london mornings ....yes i accept there are 27 other pairs but GU does pretty well most days so its always in my watch list

like today .....heres the 20ma basic fxcorrelator setting ...5min TF

for other reasons i was really hunting usd buys .....so i was waiting for greenback to be above the zero and gbp red below the zero .......

see when that reactivated ? ......and then BOOM !!! ....the 30 pip drop .........was i on that ?

yes .....because i was following my strengthmeter settings waiting for the sell triggers

have a good day ...i already have

N

Attachments

• cable sells 17th may.JPG
    cable sells 17th may.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 842
did anyone get the further resells on GU ? ........beautiful pattern !

N

Attachments

• cable resells.JPG
    cable resells.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 453
heres my free FXCorrelator indicator as requested again by a few of you recently ...ive also updated the PDF instructions and added a new video explaining how to load it ....

I developed this simple moving average based forex strengthmeter back in the early 2000's and have not changed one bit of it since.

Its my humble interpretation of some great open software work that was being generated by a few legendary MT4 programming pioneers at that time ...

Remember - back in the early 2000's the Trading and IT worlds were not like these modern times.....we were only just getting into using home based trading platforms and retail trading on small laptops and PC's !

Sure I have developed hundreds of variations and derivatives in the last 18 years - working with some great traders and programmers, but this is the daddy of them all ....and*still packs a punch !

the MT4 metatrader platform model is freely offered below and i hope it helps you on your trading journey ....its been downloaded several thousand times now across many big forums .....and I am humbled by the many kind traders who have sent me messages of thanks and support for its abilities over the years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qufo2tP3UE&t=187s

Attachments

• FXCORRELATOR_BASIC_FREE_VERSION_2013.mq4
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,405
  • Free FXcorrelator indicator updated April 2018 pdf.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,555
as a follow up i mentioned in the video that i am waiting for Cable to pop back into the 1.35's level again then look for a resell

and it came !

see below ...nice cable sell scalp worth 5-8 pips if timed correctly !!

have a good day - i have
N

Attachments

• cable sells.JPG
    cable sells.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 780
hey gang

sorry - ive been tied up on a start-up for a business friend .....

been trading this morning ..........from around 7am BST

its all about the Yen gang if you are trading ........its a bull train so far london

EJ sells has been very very nice so far and my lead pair to trade ......only GBPJPY has done better this morning for trending ....if you were using strengthmeters like my FXCorrelator to see that action

heres the 20ma FXCorrelator on a 5min TF ...........see why i liked the yellow yen buys and the Blue euro line sells ? .......4 nice setups there so far gang ...easy easy scalps

N

Attachments

• ej sells.JPG
    ej sells.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 563
hey gang

did anyone bag the resells on EJ ..........it was classic ?......around 128.80's now down to 128.35's

believe me it doesnt get easier than that using strengthmeters

N

Attachments

• more ej sells.JPG
    more ej sells.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 502
hey all

all change this morning ......the yen has been selling off london session

euro and GBP have been the main buys so far ..........

so guess what i have been doing .........yep buying EJ

it can make things a lot easier to see trades gang .....if you use strengthmeter based tools like my FXCorrelator to support your trading

N

Attachments

• ej buys.JPG
    ej buys.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
morning all .........

im hitting yen pairs again so far london opens.......its been a good week for trading the yen so far

U/J and E/J are my main sells so far .........just looking for swing sells ........

euro and GBP are marginal sells .........im watching GU sells as well to see it it takes off

heres EJ so far on the london from 7am BST on a 1min ....a couple hit so far

i havnt got much of a window to make pips today as on some calls later...so will not post much ..........rushing is not a good way to trade .....but such is life....im old enough these days to just about do it ......

N

Attachments

• ej 25th may.JPG
    ej 25th may.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 450
never ever ever be rushed in your trading .it will all end in tears .....

ive been trading forex for nearly 20 years now so and can blag it normally when i am short of time

N

im selling EJ and UJ when i can ...watching GU sells...and also UCHF Buys ...