Corn/Soybeans/Wheat on CBOT & MATIF

Ags Players

Hi all,
I trade Grains & Oilseeds on the Chicago CBOT & Paris Matif markets.
I trade on fundamentals (supply/demand & weather) and use technical analysis for entry/exit points only.

At the moment we are seeing bearish pressure on Soybeans and Rapeseed. Corn is also weak. Wheat is weak too but large importers are currently in the market so this may bring short-term support.

I am short Soybeans on the front contract, and targetting the 1280 level (recent low , many stops there). I am long wheat intraday with tight stops trying to capture buying interest from the physical demand.

I open this thread to share ideas, views and comments about these markets.

I hope it will be of interest to most of you.

Major Grains

Hi Ags Players,

Good to see another major grains trader around - there don't appear to be that many of us on most trading forums!

I only trade on CBOT, never touched Matif or any of the other European grains contracts. How are they to trade in comparison to the US? Can you find enough information about the supply/demand for the European contracts? Is there an equivalent to the USDA where you can get their weekly, monthly and quarterly reports such as the WASDE etc?

As for myself, I only have a position on in corn - I'm synthetically short March via futures options. Don't have any other positions at the moment because I'm looking to move this particular trading book to another broker. I've been concentrating on a broker search rather than on the markets!

Anyway, thanks for starting up a grains thread - let's hope there's some life to it!

Hi all,
I trade Grains & Oilseeds on the Chicago CBOT & Paris Matif markets.
I trade on fundamentals (supply/demand & weather) and use technical analysis for entry/exit points only.

At the moment we are seeing bearish pressure on Soybeans and Rapeseed. Corn is also weak. Wheat is weak too but large importers are currently in the market so this may bring short-term support.

I am short Soybeans on the front contract, and targetting the 1280 level (recent low , many stops there). I am long wheat intraday with tight stops trying to capture buying interest from the physical demand.

I open this thread to share ideas, views and comments about these markets.

I hope it will be of interest to most of you.

Hi both - I haven't traded agricultural commodities before but have a long rapeseed/short sunflower oil ratio trade idea under consideration but before looking at this and other commodities trades in more detail I need to find a broker / platform I can execute with (using c. 5x leverage). I use IG currently and see they cover rapeseed oil but not sunflower oil. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks APK