CMC Real life trader Alex Hope the £200,000 bar bill trader(Arrested)

brasil2000

This guy was on CMC market Real life trader youtube video:cheesy:CMC have removed the video,I can't find it anywhere(can someone please post an link to that video?)His website has been suspened.http://www.alexhopefx.com/

ALEX HOPE SHOWREEL - YouTube

The fame::clap:(y)

Revealed: The big-spending businessman who ran up £203,948 bar bill was 23-year-old City whizkid:The businessman who ran up £203, 948.80 bar bill is revealed as 23-year-old City financier - Mirror Online

Mystery Trader Revealed...And His Name Is 'Hope':Mystery Trader Revealed...And His Name Is 'Hope' | ZeroHedge

You've got a lot of bottle, son! Trader, 23, who blew £125,000 on champagne in £200,000 bar round gets told off by his MUM
Read more: Alex Hope: Trader, 23, who blew £125,000 on champagne in £200,000 bar round gets told off by his MUM | Mail Online

The disappointment:cry:(n)

FSA arrests 23-year-old City trader
Man arrested believed to be Alex Hope, self-proclaimed currency trading 'expert'
:FSA arrests 23-year-old City trader | Business | The Guardian

Hope Fades As London 'Superstar' FX Trader Is Arrested:Hope Fades As London 'Superstar' FX Trader Is Arrested | ZeroHedge

EXCLUSIVE: Alex Hope, the £200,000 bar bill trader, arrested in FSA probe:
EXCLUSIVE: Alex Hope, the £200,000 bar bill trader, arrested in FSA probe | City A.M.

Big spending trader 'arrested': Young financier who bought £125,000 champagne bottle 'arrested in unauthorised trading probe':http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/champagne-city-trader-alex-hope-781321

Yes but is his course any good? I'm willing to invest some money in a real life trader who can teach me teh forex.

:LOL:

The marketing bods at CMC obviously know if the "traders" that they have chosen to interview are profitable, or not.

Imagine the backlash if its discovered that this guy wasnt actually profitable, and that CMC had been providing a platform for clowns such as this to promote their services.

The marketing bods at CMC obviously know if the "traders" that they have chosen to interview are profitable, or not.

Imagine the backlash if its discovered that this guy wasnt actually profitable, and that CMC had been providing a platform for clowns such as this to promote their services.

If I remember correctly every CMC 'real life trader' was in fact a real life vendor. Remember 'Stoploss Sue'?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/138342-look-whos-tv-5.html#post1716046

we should ask him the classic question; why would you teach?

he claims in the video above that he wants to help the punters.

is his course fore free ? :LOL:

This guy has gone a step further than Mitchem. Baghdady's scams are not even comparable to these guys. no wonder he dissappeared. Young internet marketeers are way ahead. Though i give BagOfCrapDady credit for throwing in the turtle experiment. that was braver than the other clowns :LOL:

lol. I saw this clown on Sky News this morning. complete joke, still he has time to learn the error of his ways he is only 23.

we should ask him the classic question; why would you teach?

he claims in the video above that he wants to help the punters.

is his course fore free ? :LOL:

learning from a 23 year old. please. at 23 years old you think you know everything but in reality you might know something at best. must know sweet fa. if people parted with their money they are fools.

If I remember correctly every CMC 'real life trader' was in fact a real life vendor.

Yes they where almost exclusively vendors. The relationhip between the various vendors and CMC is of course mutually beneficial, but if CMC are allowing these vendors to make claims which they know to be fraudulant, where does that leave them ?

CMC knows their account size, and they know the returns. They also know why these particular people where prepared to assist them in marketing their platform. I understand why they want to use testimonials, but at least I hope they had the good sense to only select them from those who by good luck or good judgement where reaonably successful.

Yes they where almost exclusively vendors. The relationhip between the various vendors and CMC is of course mutually beneficial, but if CMC are allowing these vendors to make claims which they know to be fraudulant, where does that leave them ?

CMC knows their account size, and they know the returns. They also know why these particular people where prepared to assist them in marketing their platform. I understand why they want to use testimonials, but at least I hope they had the good sense to only select them from those who by good luck or good judgement where reaonably successful.

I don't remember what they said in the videos, did they claim to be real life traders or real life profitable traders? If CMC provided a platform for Alex and co to launch their various schemes that would indeed raise a few issues.

Will it be worse than 'cash-for-access-gate'? Probably not.

I don't remember what they said in the videos, did they claim to be real life traders or real life profitable traders? If CMC provided a platform for Alex and co to launch their various schemes that would indeed raise a few issues.

Will it be worse than 'cash-for-access-gate'? Probably not.

and where is that black swan character with his 'all strategies work' nonsense. he talked a good game for cmc.

Oh, those "real life traders"! Vendors who are such successful "traders" they are reduced to hawking their crap on steal4free's f ucking youtube channel! :LOL:

Are they successful? Not a chance, for obvious reasons. But CMC wouldn't be bothered by that. Even if their CMC accounts showed naff all, they could always claim that they assumed the vendors were profitable in other accounts.

Just the same old story, vendors and bucket shops using each other to promote their unlovely wares, like two aged, toothless, syphilitic whores doing a sex show in the window of vermin-ridden Amsterdam brothel.

That was a barrel scraping exercise par excellence - they even interviewed Black Swan! Capital sport, what! :LOL:

Oh, those "real life traders"! Vendors who are such

Just the same old story, vendors and bucket shops using each other to promote their unlovely wares, like two aged, toothless, syphilitic whores doing a sex show in the window of vermin-ridden Amsterdam brothel.

Ha - Excellent!!(y)

Oh, those "real life traders"! Vendors who are such successful "traders" they are reduced to hawking their crap on steal4free's f ucking youtube channel! :LOL:

Are they successful? Not a chance, for obvious reasons. But CMC wouldn't be bothered by that. Even if their CMC accounts showed naff all, they could always claim that they assumed the vendors were profitable in other accounts.

That was a barrel scraping exercise par excellence - they even interviewed Black Swan! Capital sport, what! :LOL:

what amazes me; is they made up *real names* on those testimonials.

I did a little digging on those names; and guess what; I found that the poor people who owns those names do exists; but of course they are not the ones who gave the testimonials; nor they know anything about the products.

i won't be surprised if I find my name floating about in YouTube providing testimony to some muppet vendor.

I love a success story. A trader winning big and spending big on wine. women and song. I thought every trader did that. Am I wrong? Or am I the only one apart from that dude to live that sort of lifestyle?

This journalist had his doubts,article dated 8 March 2012

He's the City trader who blew £125k on one bottle of champagne. But who is 23-year-old Alex Hope?

Self-publicist and self-proclaimed FX genius Alex Hope is hitting the headlines. But is all he says he is?

You must have heard about the City trader who blew £125,000 on a huge bottle of Armand de Brignac bubbly in a Liverpool nightclub.

The bottle was carried through the night-club to the theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Our anonymous plutocrat also splashed £60,408 on other drinks, including 40 bottles of Spades Brut champagne plus a £24,000 Methuselah, two bottles of Grey Goose vodka at £2,000 each and 42 cans of Pussy energy drink. The tip was £18,540. Total bill: £203,948.

Now the Daily Express has revealed the spendthrift to be Alex Hope, self-taught FX trading whizz-kid.

Aged just 23, Hope claims to be a trading natural. He teaches other wannabe traders in his spare time. And he’s funding a new networking club for London high-fliers called the Fast Growth Entrepreneurs Club, sponsored by the London Stock Exchange.

Well, that’s what he says.

I interviewed Mr Hope a couple of weeks ago and found his shtick so unbelievable that I spiked the interview. Either he is one of the greatest talents ever seen in the City or a fantasist.

Hope claims to be a City trader. So who does he trade for? JP Morgan? No, er, he pays for a desk at Zone Trading, a rentadesk outfit for day traders. Nothing wrong with that – the City is dotted with similar enterprises, which play home to respectable traders who want to play the markets in a pleasant environment. But not exactly Goldman Sachs.

And what capital does he trade? Well, he started off aged 19 with £500. He says he turned this into £1,100 on his first day, and then supplemented it with income from providing FX tuition to friends and interested parties, shedding light on the secrets of FX trading. He told me: “Most people I don’t charge for the lessons, others £200. There are a lot of FX courses for £3,000 to £10,000, but I do it because I enjoy it.”

He says his courses last a weekend.

And what is his education?

Hope spent one term at Brunel University studying sports science. He then wanted to switch to economics, but wasn’t allowed to, so dropped out. “I was obsessed with economics,” he told me. “I learned what would normally take three years in two months.”

Hope doesn’t even have an A Level in maths. Yet he mastered economics to degree level in two months? His PR company emailed me to tell me Hope is “an expert in the UK economy”. This is a big claim. Persons widely recognised as experts, such as Jonathan Portes and Simon Wren-Lewis, usually have decades of academic research under their belt.

After this sudden mastery he then got a part time job in HR for two years, trading part time. As he worked he added his wages into his trading capital.

How much has he made in the short time he’s been trading FX with his meagre pool of funds? “I have been making millions.” Millions! To put that into context the international FX company World First had a turnover of £1.8bn last year and made a profit of £3.6m.

It is a hell of a claim.

He added: “My goal is by my 24th birthday in January to start my own hedge fund.” But of course.

Other details during our interview seemed odd. Alex Hope employs a PR company, Full Portion PR, to promote himself.

A blog post on his personal website - complete with his personal “brand logo”- confused the government debt with the deficit. Human error?

Hope was totally vague about his networking event, the Fast Growth Entrepreneurs Club. He claimed it would host “heads of investment banks” and “people of influence” but couldn’t name any. There’s no fee – he is personally paying for 60 attendees to drink champagne and dine at his expense. An extraordinary gesture. The London Stock Exchange confirmed to me that it is it adding its name to the event, but is not putting any money in.

He said he has a PR company because he wants to be on Bloomberg and CNBC. He reckons a PR company will raise his profile high enough for him to get noticed by the press and his peers. Mission accomplished.

I heard Hope’s story and I simply lacked the evidence to call it either way. My journalistic instinct told me he could well be a dreamer with a talent for exaggerating his accomplishments. On the other hand, there might be a missing angle to the story, such as an inheritance, a sequence of fluke bets, or maybe he is exactly what he says he is: a brilliant FX trader with the ability to turn a few grand into millions. He’s obviously got the cash to pay a PR firm and to host an event. And to buy that booze, if he did shell out for it. His Twitter feed suggests he’s got a genuine passion for FX.

But why does he employ a PR firm? And why does he claim to have mastered economics in such a short amount of time? And why is he cavorting in a Liverpool nightclub, engaged in the sort of behaviour the City declared verboten since the Flaming Ferraris got burned?

At the time I worried about the libel law. If Hope is prone to exaggeration then he may react badly at being scrutinised by the press. And if he’s telling the truth then he may still call on M’Learned Friends to smite me for calling him into question. British journalists live in fear of libel suits – and I had no evidence that his story was anything other than legit, so I canned the story.

Now Hope is getting major coverage, cavorting with the “stars” of Desperate Scousewives and Katie Price. If he has struck a deal with a new Liverpool night-club to create a PR event to publicise himself and the venue then it would scarcely be a new tactic. The media reports this sort of stunt everyday of the week – usually with full complicity. And whatever the motive, the club and Hope got publicity worth tens of thousands of pounds. Max Clifford couldn’t have topped it.

But is Hope an FX trader who makes “millions” or a normal bloke who does a bit of trading and loves seeing his name in print? He’s clearly ambitious, and has got the London Stock Exchange to endorse his event. Either way, there is no suggestion he is doing anything illegal. And he seems to be having a lot of fun.

But the idea that he’s just a normal City trader blowing hundreds of thousands on a rounds of drinks is obviously not the whole story.

By Charles Orton-Jones

He's the City trader who blew £125k on one bottle of champagne. But who is 23-year-old Alex Hope? | Interviews | LondonlovesBusiness .com

He might have had his doubts but most people here knew on day one what was going on. It's just cheap publicity to con people into buying training from him. You could see through that in an instant.

He might have had his doubts but most people here knew on day one what was going on. It's just cheap publicity to con people into buying training from him. You could see through that in an instant.

That's the long and short of it.

More likely he wanted to start that hedge fund.

The FSA have arrested him.

Where did he get the money to fund his expensive stunt?

It is obvious where he got it from as the FSA are involved...

I think he had bigger plans than just being a small time scum bag vendor.

More likely he wanted to start that hedge fund.

The FSA have arrested him.

Where did he get the money to fund his expensive stunt?

It is obvious where he got it from as the FSA are involved...

I think he had bigger plans than just being a small time scum bag vendor.

He didn't spend 200k on a bar bill, it's all a big fraud. Just because somebody says they did something it doesn't mean it's true. It's all just made up crap to fool gullible people (and journalists) into believing that he made a fortune trading fx. Of course he is available to show you how he did it, for a modest fee of course.

The press will print any crap they are fed.