City Index is down - AGAIN !

roogy

Been down for about 15 minutes - one of the most important days to be trading.
Still waiting for one of their reps (5minutes) to put a stop on my open order.

Been down for about 15 minutes - one of the most important days to be trading.
Still waiting for one of their reps (5minutes) to put a stop on my open order.

Right, I put an order to close and left it to do something else and it was, still, processing when I got back. Fortunately, it came back online shortly after and I closed with a bit more than I ordered in the first place. Unpleasant feeling, though. Although I had a stop in place, I would have lost money if it had gone back to that.

A couple of months ago they cancelled two trades for me when I rang them. A "Goodwill" gesture they called it. I did not care as long as they did it! :). I mention it, in case you need to complain about not being able to close a trade.

Er, be polite, even if you don't feel that you should be-- the guy is more helpful and I don't suppose its his fault, anyway.

Poor service ?

Why put up with it when you can go elsewhere?

Why put up with it when you can go elsewhere?

Because, with me, at least, these upsets are very rare and they have always put the matter right to my satisfaction.

Go somewhere else? Fins is my third and my experience is that if it is not one thing, it is another. Online and telephone transactions are always complex, these days, and I am not going to change again unless it is not put right. That has not been my experience so far and I have been a client since they opened, when there was no online trading. I do around 5 trades per day, so have done thousands. When there is a problem, like today, it is an exception.

I used to be with City Index but decided to move to CMC and havent looked back.
I left for that exact reason, I found it went down quite often, particularly annoying when I was wanting to trade at the time.
I've found them to be much better to be honest. I did like CI, but definitely glad I made the move.
Only downside is you can't use a downloadable platform with CMC, although their online platform is great.

edit: just seen you've been with them forever, so guess you're not interested in switching. If thats the way you feel then fair enough, I understand loyalty. Still though there are brokers out there than can offer better services. Down to you I guess

I used to be with City Index but decided to move to CMC and havent looked back.
I left for that exact reason, I found it went down quite often, particularly annoying when I was wanting to trade at the time.
I've found them to be much better to be honest. I did like CI, but definitely glad I made the move.
Only downside is you can't use a downloadable platform with CMC, although their online platform is great.

edit: just seen you've been with them forever, so guess you're not interested in switching. If thats the way you feel then fair enough, I understand loyalty. Still though there are brokers out there than can offer better services. Down to you I guess

Thanks for the rec. If I feel the need to change I'll look them up.