Choice Odds Fixed Odds and Binaries

I've tried choice for one day and apart from rejecting almost 90% of the trades but it also allows me for example to sell no more than 23 pp FTSE to rise more than 50.0 points at 5 (binary) but only 1 pp to buy and same goes for all contracts with the same or diffrent max points i can trade. Has anyone noticed this?

I've tried choiceodds for a couple of days and had some hopes for it, but despite breaking even with my bets I've had enough. It promises a vast array of bets but when you get right down to it almost all of them are different ways to give them money. I don't like their pricing, and I don't like the fact that you can only lay on about 25% of their bets. I think the whole thing is an attempt to snare the naive financial gambler. It might be successful for a while but I think it'll end up going the way of worldspreads100.

I agree , i tried them and have closed my account , the practice of accepting your losing bets after 20 or 30 seconds and politely declining to accept your winning bets makes it a "scam" in my view ( 5 min bets). I have same trouble with ladbrookes , but atleast their site tells you price you entered at , unfortunately i now have to trade hourly ( which i don't like) , which negates the declining of winning bets somewhat!!

I've got to say this is all completely different to the betting experience I'm having with them. My bets are going straight through, 100% accceptance today. And I'm up on the 5 minute binaries.

It's taking an age for me to get accepted, they need to sort this out ASAP if they want to attract new punters.

Has anyone noticed that the prices shown on the Arrows view are about 20% out on the prices that come up on the betting slip? I think you'd have to be very careful using the Arrows view.

riwf said:
I've tried choiceodds for a couple of days and had some hopes for it, but despite breaking even with my bets I've had enough. It promises a vast array of bets but when you get right down to it almost all of them are different ways to give them money. I don't like their pricing, and I don't like the fact that you can only lay on about 25% of their bets. I think the whole thing is an attempt to snare the naive financial gambler. It might be successful for a while but I think it'll end up going the way of worldspreads100.

Erm where did you get 25%???? I stumbled across this site the other day, and they offer two-way prices on every thing, unless my maths are wrong (which I very much doubt)...explain where you got this figure from????

Erm where did you get 25%???? I stumbled across this site the other day, and they offer two-way prices on every thing, unless my maths are wrong (which I very much doubt)...explain where you got this figure from???? - Robertal

The site is closed for the weekend, but so far as I can remember it offers Fixed Odds, Floating Odds, Floating Binaries and Fixed Binaries. But only Floating Binaries offer the chance to Lay. Hence the 25%.

riwf said:
The site is closed for the weekend, but so far as I can remember it offers Fixed Odds, Floating Odds, Floating Binaries and Fixed Binaries. But only Floating Binaries offer the chance to Lay. Hence the 25%.

Surely you can also lay/sell with the Fixed binaries?

21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF NOT to rise above 12363.6 95.24 12309.3
21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF to rise above 12363.6 16.67 12309.3

21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF to rise above 12311.3 50.00 12309.3
21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF to rise above 12309.3 54.55 12309.3
21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF to fall below 12309.3 54.55 12309.3

21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF to fall below 12307.7 50.00 12309.3
21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF to fall below 12255.0 16.67 12309.3
21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF NOT to fall below 12255.0 95.24 12309.3

Only the ones marked in bold. Fixed Odds and Floating Odds have similar opportunities, but mostly the Lay Option is marked "no bet". When you strip out all the similar kinds of bets, choiceodds aren't offering much more than anyone one ele in the binary bet game. I think it gives the appearance of greater choice - and perhaps greater opportunity - but once you've exhausted all the options you're back to where you are with all the other operators: looking for an angle.

I've got five One Touch bets on this morning. Two of them have already traded through the level but they haven't closed out. Looks as though that money is going to be tied up until 21.00 Yet another demerit for choice odds.

riwf said:
21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF NOT to rise above 12363.6 95.24 12309.3
21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF to rise above 12363.6 16.67 12309.3

21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF to rise above 12311.3 50.00 12309.3
21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF to rise above 12309.3 54.55 12309.3
21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF to fall below 12309.3 54.55 12309.3

21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF to fall below 12307.7 50.00 12309.3
21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF to fall below 12255.0 16.67 12309.3
21:00 12320.0 USD/CHF NOT to fall below 12255.0 95.24 12309.3

Only the ones marked in bold. Fixed Odds and Floating Odds have similar opportunities, but mostly the Lay Option is marked "no bet". When you strip out all the similar kinds of bets, choiceodds aren't offering much more than anyone one ele in the binary bet game. I think it gives the appearance of greater choice - and perhaps greater opportunity - but once you've exhausted all the options you're back to where you are with all the other operators: looking for an angle.

I've got five One Touch bets on this morning. Two of them have already traded through the level but they haven't closed out. Looks as though that money is going to be tied up until 21.00 Yet another demerit for choice odds.

I'm not as experienced as you guys on here, but I've done a quick compare to other sites and it looks like there are more offerings than the others. Please tell me where I can hedge my GBP.USD tunnels?????

What do you mean hedge them? Surely the point of entering into a short term speculative transaction such as the tunnels on ChoiceOdds is to engage the risk. Please elaborate.

On the subject of Choice odds, I am pleased to say that I have noticed a quasi-arbitrage on their site. I have not exploited it as it cannot be done in very large size and it only works under a certain market condition. I don't have the patience to sit and wait for it. You should be able to spot it without actually betting.

Hmmmmm.... should I post it on here, in effect telling them about it and let them close the loop hole or should I leave it...?

What do you think? ;-)

NQR

NotQuiteRandom said:
What do you mean hedge them? Surely the point of entering into a short term speculative transaction such as the tunnels on ChoiceOdds is to engage the risk. Please elaborate.

On the subject of Choice odds, I am pleased to say that I have noticed a quasi-arbitrage on their site. I have not exploited it as it cannot be done in very large size and it only works under a certain market condition. I don't have the patience to sit and wait for it. You should be able to spot it without actually betting.

Hmmmmm.... should I post it on here, in effect telling them about it and let them close the loop hole or should I leave it...?

What do you think? ;-)

NQR

Not sure of the technical term but buy something with them and then sell it somewhere else and make a profit

You want a guaranteed risk free profit? A pure arb. Funny that. So do I. In size though please.

Good luck.

NQR

NotQuiteRandom said:
You want a guaranteed risk free profit? A pure arb. Funny that. So do I. In size though please.

Good luck.

NQR

Yeah I think we all like to do that when we can ;) I try to keep it to a minimum as it's gonna be pretty blatant when a whole load of people try to exploit a price which is clearly out of line.

fejjelafalnak said:
Well I can't seem to be finding any compnaies that do them

Is anyone else finding that these guys are holding your trades, waiting for the market to move and if it has moved in your favour they reject the trade and if it moves against you they accept. Very annoying. :(

As I yielded to the nagging temptation to attempt to put my quasi-arb into practice, even if only in small size, I have had a good go on the site over the last hour.

I didn't get a single trade refused and found them to be pretty fast.

The product is limited and it is more sizzle than steak with all that flash and so many restrictions but I found their execution to be honest and reliable.

NQR