• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[PORTFOLIO] CavaliereVerde investing

vetBT6m.png

The backtest is very similar,
It is not exactly the same because there were acouple of changes in June but since July it is pure B&H .

Last edited:
Hsy cav

....i cannot be bothered to get involved as a trader on darwinex....I’m happy elsewhere doing my own thing....

My interest is investing in others doing the heavy lifting and creating another income stream .....so many platforms have failed to deliver this service effectively

What’s making darwinex so different ?

This is not a barbed comment.....I’m just interested to see yours take on things to see if I want to progress this more ....I’m pretty legit if you look at my background and history here in trade2win and andy (cap) will hopefully vouch I’m not an a*sehole or troller

N

What’s making darwinex so different ?
Long story short: the risk manager.
Suppose you bump into a lucky trackrecord , the trader is a gambler and blows the acccount.
On PAMMs or copytrading your investment is gone: -100%
On Darwinex the loss would probably be reduced to -30%

Thanks

Where’s the best places to go and look at Darwinex full set of rules and strategies advice etc ?

Long story short: the risk manager.
Suppose you bump into a lucky trackrecord , the trader is a gambler and blows the acccount.
On PAMMs or copytrading your investment is gone: -100%
On Darwinex the loss would probably be reduced to -30%

Surely if you allocate all fund to the trader you lose thé lot ?.....darwinex can only protect you If you diversify your portfolio .....or are you saying it refuses to allow focused profilions concentration ?

My main issue is fees ......if I go to a hedge fund or manager or even a tracker i will be immediately looking at fees.....this is where the challenge is

Where’s the best places to go and look at Darwinex full set of rules and strategies advice etc ?

OK thanks cav ......i will look later today

There’s so much real talent Out there in the trading world now.......but connecting to them at low fee so is my main challenge .....

or are you saying it refuses to allow focused profilions concentration ?
You can invest also a single darwin but I would not invest less than 3 .
Even with this compact portfolio losing 30% instead of 100% would make the difference for capital preservation.

And not to forget about Divergence!It can eat the same amount or more than fees,while darwin is rising.And it accelerates losses during DD.
Some darwins are really problematic in terms of Divergence.Sometimes you can predict such problems in advance and skip such investment.

Quick question @CavaliereVerde @Gargamel (and anyone else that cares to chip in).

Which trackrecord will you respect more.. One that does 370% compounded a year with a possible Max DD of 30% or one that does 60% a year compounded with a possible max DD of 10%?

Where will you put your money?

The third one ;)
10% annualized with a DD of 15%
It's just for argument's sake. Having it with someone who thinks the DD to return ratio should win.. While I think the lower DD should win.

What do you think in that hypothetical situation?

I will only repeat that it takes serious risk taking to push darwin over 10% DD.That goes for Algo traders as well.ZXW was losing for 10 months and lost only 10%.That is a sign of well calibrated system.For manual traders look at Darwinex boss at ULI.Look at his Underlying last two years and then his darwin.10%DD is significant limit for darwins.I tested it myself and I am convinced of that.
As for Performance,I would say everything that is significantly above other alternatives accessible to retail investors is good.5% annualized and net of divergence,taxes,fees is good.10% is excellent.But people look at rankings and dream...It is difficult problem to solve.How to explain to people that if they achieve 10% net per year,it was very good year,when they protest and say:'But there are many darwins who are achieving much more than that.This is easy...'
There are also not many patient traders,who understand that they must show the track-record of sufficient length and quality to become credible,trustworthy.It is easy to look the same rankings as investors and succumb to temptation and start competing.
I think the most faithful investors (in significant numbers) are those of ERQ and there is a reason for that.

:'But there are many darwins who are achieving much more than that.This is easy...'
Actually there are few, but those few are very visible.
If you ask a commn person: do you prefer 50% in one year or 50% in 5 years?
Everyoune would go for the first, that is the reason more than 99% of investors lose money.
It is counterintuitive, everyone understands return, few understand robustness.

8 years ago I was copying a guy with 300% return and 6 months of trackrecord on eToro.
Guess what, I lost money.
Luck happens, it happened also to me, LSC in 2016, 30% return 10% DD.
It can be done, once...
Years like that can be found also in hedge funds but unfortunatelly trading is not so profitable.
Live results can be overfitted just like backtests.
When you lower your expectations you start to make money or you find real traders that make money.