Capitalism

Is that where the Parliamentary process is dropped in favour of copying the US Presidential system ?
No awkward questions to answer in Parlt ?

Trump is the evil tip of plutocracy imho.
He and his rich friends team up with the military/security to impose their views and steal from the poor.

You mention that you "suspect". I am ignorant of this aspect of British parliamentary procedure and would like you to explain that a bit more.

No catches on my part--I promise! Just would like to know some more. Sounds very undemocratic, to me-- an MP not elected by a constituency.

Well, the PM is appointed by the Queen, and is usually the leader of the party with a majority in the House of Commons, whom they send to HM with a request for authority to form her next government.

In the past, PM's have been members of the House of Lords, the Duke of Wellington being the example that came to mind but there were plenty of others.

The last example was Alec Douglas-Home, who became PM on 19/10/63, resigned his Earldom on 23/10/63. He had already resigned from the House of Lords in 1962 and was not an MP.

So for 20 days he was PM while not a member of either the Commons or the Lords. He stood for the vacant seat of Kinross & West Perthshire. Parliament's meetings were postponed until after the by-election, which he won. It would have been interesting if he had lost.

But it seems the law does not demand that the leading party's candidate for PM be either a Lord or MP.

Might just suit that chancer Farage.

Well, the PM is appointed by the Queen, and is usually the leader of the party with a majority in the House of Commons, whom they send to HM with a request for authority to form her next government.

In the past, PM's have been members of the House of Lords, the Duke of Wellington being the example that came to mind but there were plenty of others.

The last example was Alec Douglas-Home, who became PM on 19/10/63, resigned his Earldom on 23/10/63. He had already resigned from the House of Lords in 1962 and was not an MP.

So for 20 days he was PM while not a member of either the Commons or the Lords. He stood for the vacant seat of Kinross & West Perthshire. Parliament's meetings were postponed until after the by-election, which he won. It would have been interesting if he had lost.

But it seems the law does not demand that the leading party's candidate for PM be either a Lord or MP.

Might just suit that chancer Farage.

Very interesting political examples. Not having a written constitution, it could be possible for Farage to do as you suggest but I think very unlikely. Thank goodness for the safeguards in the Great Charter of 1215 which prevent the government from acting illegally – but of course any government, if it can get it through Parliament, can pass a law to make many things legal.

As far as TM is concerned, I think she might surprise us all and go on to contest the next General election. It's very easy to under-estimate the determination of women.

Very interesting political examples. Not having a written constitution, it could be possible for Farage to do as you suggest but I think very unlikely. Thank goodness for the safeguards in the Great Charter of 1215 which prevent the government from acting illegally – but of course any government, if it can get it through Parliament, can pass a law to make many things legal.

As far as TM is concerned, I think she might surprise us all and go on to contest the next General election. It's very easy to under-estimate the determination of women.

So far, I have consistently under-estimated Theresa May, and she has consistently under-performed my low expectations.

Is the order in yet for our own jump jets our City hyenas sold the US ?