can a human do scalping in 2020?

claudevandam

hello there, i am interesting on scalping, but can a human do scalping in 2020 with all these trading algorithms?

Of course. Can't do high speed trading yet but it will come. Most algorithms are rubbish anyway.

Yes, of course.

All you need is a modest stake, access to live prices and the free time to watch price movements of volatile stocks.

True, algorithms are much faster than you will ever be ..

But they are also dumb.

The real question is whether you have the right temperament for scalp trading.

:)

scalping has many meanings .....but if you mean trading sucessfully on lower Timeframes ...then yes it is possible ..in fact all those juicy algos can help it succeed ...

N

Yes, I don't see why not, but that would revolves around having to spend most of the time near the screen to read the market's movement and price as well.
There are various algo provided for that.

Yes, I don't see why not, but that would revolves around having to spend most of the time near the screen to read the market's movement and price as well.

my point is that algo trading enhances the ability to make manual trading more effective .....all those Dumb algos sure set up some nice patterns ........

Yes, of course.

All you need is a modest stake, access to live prices and the free time to watch price movements of volatile stocks.

True, algorithms are much faster than you will ever be ..

But they are also dumb.

The real question is whether you have the right temperament for scalp trading.

:)
Good question, well i think i do

So you mean having an algo to do that is better?

Of course, you can, but you should understand that scalping is the most difficult strategy, both in technical and psychological dimensions. When scalping, you should understand how to earn scalping and have a clear plan to do that. Scalping is also hard from psychological side, you should spend 7-8 or even 12-14 hours, sitting in front of your screen and constantly trading, You shouldn't distract to spend time on something different, the only thing you should do is trade and trade and trade with no time to relax. Your psychological pressure will be also high, as you should make a lot of decissions and each one can cause a lot of loss.
So thing twice before go scalping.
Well i don't think we have to spend so much time when doing scalping because in scalping we trade with small time frame, so we can just spend 1 to 2h and is over

It is definitely possible but in order to scalp successfully you must train you eyes to identify price patterns on the smaller timeframes and ensure that you have a high probability edge. There are patterns that occur in every market and every time frame. Choose a market and master it. One technique is to identify price patterns on both the 5 and 1 minute charts that indicate movement in the same direction then base your entry on the 1 minute chart. The market tends to test certain price areas after a consolidation break... the more time you spend studying price action the easier it will be for you to identify these areas.. With these strategies the place that you put your target will be the difference between success and failure. Look for opportunities where the pattern on the 5 minute chart has a large target. Then trade the 1 minute chart patterns in that direction until the target is hit.

Also don’t think about the money. Money will cloud your judgement instead concentrate on the setups and patterns. With that in mind I strongly recommend generating disciplined and consistent profits on a sim account and when I say disciplined I mean treat it like it’s a real account. The aim is to trade without emotional attachment. As a scalper you will be executing many trades and your mental state is a previous commodity so focus on successful trades and the money will come. Once you are consistently profitable on the sim replicate the exact system on the live market.

Hope this helps

Yes, but you wan't access to the order book and volume. You don't be scalping price only on a retail platform.