Brexit and the Consequences

All the indications are that the Tories are haemorrhaging members and losing massive support as a result of Brexit, enter Labour or a new party altogether, the Tories and the EU have miscalculated the strength of feeling. Of course Labour have also miscalculated over Brexit, both parties are going to be scratching their heads at the next elections.

And this will be one of the reasons why:
Nigel Farage launches Brexit Party, introduces first EP candidates, Coventry, 12th April 2019

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-brexit-party-rally-the-mel-group-factory-tickets-60111468019

I see that Brexit party has a rally at Brighton airport this evening. I'm hoping that Attila can make it and give us a first-hand report! ;)

Went right past it with 20mph wind behind. I think I prefer to sit in a dentist's chair having my wisdom tooth removed than listen to that droll.

What is sign of times to come is written in the stars. Hot air doesn't produce any productive gains. These piece of news items are significantly important to consequences of Brexit and Trumpism.

Airbus Secures $35 Billion China Deal in New Blow to Boeing
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...o-seal-long-awaited-aircraft-order-from-china

Be careful what you wish for.

Macron's and his better intellectual half, both look a little uptight in this pic. It's a picture FGS not a military parade. :love::love::love:

Too many self serving Prima Donnas and not enough pragmatism, common sense and patriotism imho.
TM isn't trying very hard hoping the whole question can be kicked into the long grass with a fudge to stay in.

Are you suggesting Brexiteers are pragmatic, have common sense and are patriots in contrast to Remainers who are not very pragmatic, lack common sense and don't love their country as Brexiteers do?

How do you reach these value judgements simply based on whether one is for membership of the EU or not?

I know Brexit means Brexit - means many things to many people but this Treachery and Patriotism biz is elevating consequences of Brexit to new levels. You are able to judge all that simply from a binary Brexit pov?

That's marvellous. You have a brilliant mind old bean. :love:

Went right past it with 20mph wind behind. I think I prefer to sit in a dentist's chair having my wisdom tooth removed than listen to that droll.

What is sign of times to come is written in the stars. Hot air doesn't produce any productive gains. These piece of news items are significantly important to consequences of Brexit and Trumpism.

Airbus Secures $35 Billion China Deal in New Blow to Boeing
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...o-seal-long-awaited-aircraft-order-from-china

View attachment 261936

Be careful what you wish for.

Macron's and his better intellectual half, both look a little uptight in this pic. It's a picture FGS not a military parade. :love::love::love:

Farage will sort you lot out(y)

Jill Seymour, Margot Parker and Jane Collins have all made the move, with Seymour accusing Gerard Batten’s UKIP of switching to “the extreme right of politics”.

Principalled lady has just realised UKIP is switching to "EXTREME RIGHT" of politics?

SC what's your take on this UKIP move to the EXTREME RIGHT of politics.

You CV buddy is a Norway model Farage man. Where do you stand in all this political jive talking?

(y)

Jill Seymour, Margot Parker and Jane Collins have all made the move, with Seymour accusing Gerard Batten’s UKIP of switching to “the extreme right of politics”.

Principalled lady has just realised UKIP is switching to "EXTREME RIGHT" of politics?

SC what's your take on this UKIP move to the EXTREME RIGHT of politics.

You CV buddy is a Norway model Farage man. Where do you stand in all this political jive talking?

(y)

What’s my analysis?

UKIP is the same as any other party, plenty of members don’t agree with each other, splits have occurred.

Farage tried to sabotage UKIP on the way out, endorsed Henry Bolton to wreck it, trashed the finances. Batten appears to be the Phoenix of UKIP.

AMW split to create her own party, For Britain.

Farage has created a one trick pony party, once Brexit is done and dusted he will retire again.

I don’t disagree with any of them, they all have their nuances, plenty of choice if you don’t want to vote Tory or Labour.

UKIP and For Britain are perceived to be less mainstream because of views on Islam, many politicians are scared of confronting the subject and find safe havens elsewhere.

Only principled brave politicians in the current climate will openly talk about the problems of Islam, unfortunately there are too few others willing to debate the subject.

Then you have the inevitable MSM slurs when the Islamic subject is broached. It’s just another sad reflection of the low journalistic standards that are prevalent nowadays. And the poor quality of debate that our modern day politicians have sunk to, that and they are just scared for their own careers.

No one seems to be able to properly discuss religion or ideology anymore and just reverts to political correctness.

UKIP & For Britain both have wide ranging manifestos beyond Brexit and Islam that MSM doesn’t give them credit for. I don’t even know if the Brexit Party has a manifesto as they only appear to be focussed on EU elections.

I think there is a level of willingness that both UKIP & For Britain could work together to gain seats from Tory and Labour held areas. I’ve not seen any level of willingness by them to work with Farage, they don’t appear to get on with him much.

. . . Brexiteers are pragmatic, have common sense and are patriots in contrast to Remainers who are not very pragmatic, lack common sense and don't love their country as Brexiteers do?
Aha, finally At', you're starting to cotton on. Better late than never!
;)

Here you go Att, here's one of those vile racist, jackboot wearing kippers that you, Lammy and the MSM keep referring to, running for MEP in the SW.

Last edited:
I read somewhere this morning that currently there is, wrt democracy in current politics, a "supply & demand problem". Then I thought of Brexit!

And to pre-empt any far left rhetoric that Att might come out with in reference to my kipper post, I'll let the man explain his arguments himself, it's hugely entertaining even for a 2 hour piece to camera :D:LOL::ROFLMAO::love:

And to pre-empt any far left rhetoric that Att might come out with in reference to my kipper post, I'll let the man explain his arguments himself, it's hugely entertaining even for a 2 hour piece to camera :D:LOL::ROFLMAO::love:

2 hours Sig!!!??? 'streuth!

Can't speak for anyone else but I've got the attention span of a guppy...which is why I use limit orders for my TPs.

Any chance of a brief synopsis for the similarly challenged amongst us happy few?:p

2 hours Sig!!!??? 'streuth!

Can't speak for anyone else but I've got the attention span of a guppy...which is why I use limit orders for my TPs.

Any chance of a brief synopsis for the similarly challenged amongst us happy few?:p

Far left rhetoric = bullshit [emoji23]

Is that short enough? [emoji1360]