Brexit and the Consequences

Hi c_v,
As much as I'd like to think you're right, I don't think your reading of the situation is correct. It's all about concluding Brexit without leaving without a deal - if you'll forgive the double negative. That WILL unite the house on both sides. Labour MPs won't call - let alone support - a no-confidence motion if their party and leader are instrumental in reaching a deal that avoids no-deal. Mrs. May will end up doing almost everything she said she wouldn't do - but hey, what's new - resulting in a deal that doesn't please (m)any leave voters but is one that the majority of remain supporters (i.e. the bulk of the HoC) can live with. I'm afraid to say the game is up. Leave may have won the referendum, but remain will win in the end. Well done to At', barjon et al - you must be feeling happier this morning than you've felt for a good few years!

The only good that could, possibly, come out of this is that both the Tories and Labour get hit very, very hard at the next general election. It's possible that either UKIP and/or Farage's new party form part of a coalition government on the condition that we do Brexit properly.
Tim.

Hi Tim,

I do wish you would stop giving the remoaners false hope. I fear it will just make their disappointment all the greater and enrage them even more when it all comes crashing down.

The game is far from up and I fear that you are placing too much faith in our largely discredited politicians to sort this mess out. Indeed, you might try studying the EU side in all this. Macron is on manoeuvres, possibly with the likes of Verhofstadt, to ensure that the UK does not achieve a deal

Hi Tim,

I do wish you would stop giving the remoaners false hope. I fear it will just make their disappointment all the greater and enrage them even more when it all comes crashing down.

The game is far from up and I fear that you are placing too much faith in our largely discredited politicians to sort this mess out. Indeed, you might try studying the EU side in all this. Macron is on manoeuvres, possibly with the likes of Verhofstadt, to ensure that the UK does not achieve a deal

There is a very disturbing thread to pretty much most of your posts CV. I don't know if you are aware of it but I suspect you are not as it is engrained in to your mind set.

Most of your argument rests on other countries and nations actions about the fruitfulness of your Brexiteer ill thought out ideals.

On one side you talk about taking back control and then on the other, it's all about what EU will do? EU will implode. Austria, Italy, France etc etc will turn to the right.

It essentially, means your view has nothing to do with control or real decision making in the UK but more rests at the hands of external influences you have no control over.

Just an observation... and don't forget to wipe that froth off your mouth as Macron will allow extension (y)

SC it is clear to see you are CVs sidekick.

What do elections in Turkey have anything to do with Brexit?

Only parallel I can see is that they aren't very fond of EU either.
No surprises there as they are not fit for EU.

We need to focus on Parliament taking back control. Macron or situ in any other country is irrelevant to our predicament right now. Both your posts' smacks of desperation.

SC it is clear to see you are CVs sidekick.

What do elections in Turkey have anything to do with Brexit?

Only parallel I can see is that they aren't very fond of EU either.
No surprises there as they are not fit for EU.

We need to focus on Parliament taking back control. Macron or situ in any other country is irrelevant to our predicament right now. Both your posts' smacks of desperation.

There are a number of issues with this:

1) CV needs no help in kicking the crap out of anybody

2) Elections in Turkey have everything to do with Brexit. When it comes to turkeys, few countries can out-turkey Turkey despite our best efforts and they are a shining example of populism in action and its many benefits and are showing us the way forward.

3) As for being "fit" for the EU...the EU isn't fit for the EU, Europe isn't fit for the EU - why on earth should we be fitter or even try to be?

4) Just because you is paranoid that doesn't mean they're not out to get you, Bruv. The EU, Europe and all the Europeans have been involved in a plot to do us down for many years, if not centuries. The live for little else and sleep badly if they haven't somehow done us down during the day.

5) "parliament taking back control".. a charming thought but was what they had before, anything that had any semblance of control, even in the steamiest of of all your fantasies?

6) Macron irrelevant? Paris being the capital of sartorial elegance, surely the French are kindly showing us the latest fashion in Popular Unrest Attire - an acronym just begging to be let out there. The "Gilet Jaune" will soon be de rigeur in the best circles....in fact I've already seen a few popping up here and there (mostly on construction sites so far) but the movement is building. France has a huge part to play in our future.

7) As for "smacking of desperation" - surely, that's pretty much the new norm. Most people have been driven to desperation as whatever they hoped to get out of Brexit (or not) is not going to happen. I myself have fallen so far as to break my multiple vows of silence, temperance and abstinence and have lately been drowning my sorrows in indifferent Albanian gin at the Dog and Leper - and it's not even a fresh saw-dust day. The Polish barista/barmaid/barperson/skivvie assures me that supplies will not start to run low for several days but she's already got a job lined up in Amsterdam and doesn't care.

I hope this has helped.....Well, not really, as I couldn't give a toss but hey, it's been a slow news day so far.

130 odd posts to go.........

I too have been drowning my sorrows on the Playa des America’s a fine dose of hot sunshine and sea it is too [emoji1360][emoji23]

But I still have the energy inbetween tanning sessions to call out a traitor prime minister when needed.

A traitor to her country, a traitor to her party, a traitor to our form of a constitution, a traitor to our vote, a traitor to her promises, a Macron she is indeed to her own people.

Yes a traitor in every sense of the word backed up by majority treacherous parliament.

Cannot hand over the Brexit negotiations to those who want Brexit and instead hand the control to the opposition, what a losers joke.

The losers are in power in the U.K. Just as they are in Turkey.

I too have been drowning my sorrows on the Playa des America’s a fine dose of hot sunshine and sea it is too [emoji1360][emoji23]

Show-off! not only warmer but I bet they have fresh sawdust every day.

But I still have the energy inbetween tanning sessions to call out a traitor prime minister when needed.

A traitor to her country, a traitor to her party, a traitor to our form of a constitution, a traitor to our vote, a traitor to her promises, a Macron she is indeed to her own people.

Yes a traitor in every sense of the word backed up by majority treacherous parliament.

Cannot hand over the Brexit negotiations to those who want Brexit and instead hand the control to the opposition, what a losers joke.

The losers are in power in the U.K. Just as they are in Turkey.

So, when you return to Albion and take the sword out of the stone, I take it that we can expect a London bridge to become the site for decorative heads-on-pikes.....but where would you put Traitor's Gate? The main entry to the House of Commons perhaps? The beheadings could take place out front there which would give us a fairly short supply chain.

So, when you return to Albion and take the sword out of the stone, I take it that we can expect a London bridge to become the site for decorative heads-on-pikes.....but where would you put Traitor's Gate? The main entry to the House of Commons perhaps? The beheadings could take place out front there which would give us a fairly short supply chain.

They were the days, now we just pay criminals to decide our fate.

MP jailed for lying helped pass Bill to stop No Deal by ONE VOTE
https://mol.im/a/6885363

. . .The "Gilet Jaune" will soon be de rigeur in the best circles....in fact I've already seen a few popping up here and there (mostly on construction sites so far) but the movement is building. . .
I see what you did there cant', - too clever! ;-)

As a matter of interest, do you not have a view about Brexit - as in in or out - or do you just enjoy keeping us all guessing? You appear to be slightly contrarian in your views, tricky to pin down, not a fence sitter as such or even a liberal, but someone who clearly enjoys left field interventions. That can at times be a tad discombobulating, as all other active subscribers to this thread have made their views on the topic very plain long ago. No need to reply unless you want to - but feel free to clarify if you feel so inclined.
Tim.

As a matter of interest, do you not have a view about Brexit - as in in or out - or do you just enjoy keeping us all guessing? You appear to be slightly contrarian in your views, tricky to pin down, not a fence sitter as such or even a liberal, but someone who clearly enjoys left field interventions. That can at times be a tad discombobulating, as all other active subscribers to this thread have made their views on the topic very plain long ago. No need to reply unless you want to - but feel free to clarify if you feel so inclined.
Tim.

Tim.

Too clever for my own good. Boredom makes you do strange things. As to my "position" on Brexit. I have actually excreted this in the past somewhere in the nearing 10,000 turds that make up this thread:

There are arguments both for staying and leaving which I would be dishonest not to acknowledge.

I regard the Referendum as being the one of the most ill-conceived political moves in the last 100-odd years of UK history and one of the worst executed. The current turmoil and loathing is a result of that referendum and has little to do with whether we are in or out of Europe/EU.

I did not vote as this result was (to me) a foregone conclusion - call me awkward but shooting myself in the foot isn't one of my favourite pass times. The vote either way was always an absurdity in that asking the uninformed and unreasoning populace to make an informed and reasoned decision to the most ridiculous of questions was a non-starter. I regard the choice as presented to be along the lines of "Would you prefer to drink acid or slowly stick kebab skewers in both your eyes?" but had there been a petition or a referendum to demand parliamentary debate on the whole issue of the terms of our EU membership, I would have voted "yes" in an instant.

The whole Brexit issue is pack of lies from both sides of the fence as in reality it has never been a binary issue - our relationship with the nations of Europe was and is not defined by our membership of the EU just as it won't be defined by once again not being members. What started to happen the moment the votes were in is a process that can only end in the general consensus that the current government/parliament/ the UK political system is incapable of resolving the issue to the satisfaction of a clear majority.

So, to recap - the country was conned when we joined, conned during our membership and conned as we leave and these star performances were not inflicted on us by the nasty foreigners but by our own dear politicos. Rest assured, the con will continue after we've left and to my mind it'll be a toss-up as to whether any of the benefits of that membership will be retained or even understood until after they've dissolved in the new post-Cock Up reality. 40 odd years down the drain with bugger all to show for it. ....and just think of the next round of choices that are about to be presented: Rees fucking Mogg, Corbyn the Cretin and the UKIP comedy show. So go ahead, spin the wheel and make your bets because they don't matter - the House always wins.

Too clever for my own good. Boredom makes you do strange things. As to my "position" on Brexit. I have actually excreted this in the past somewhere in the nearing 10,000 turds that make up this thread:

There are arguments both for staying and leaving which I would be dishonest not to acknowledge.

I regard the Referendum as being the one of the most ill-conceived political moves in the last 100-odd years of UK history and one of the worst executed. The current turmoil and loathing is a result of that referendum and has little to do with whether we are in or out of Europe/EU.

I did not vote as this result was (to me) a foregone conclusion - call me awkward but shooting myself in the foot isn't one of my favourite pass times. The vote either way was always an absurdity in that asking the uninformed and unreasoning populace to make an informed and reasoned decision to the most ridiculous of questions was a non-starter. I regard the choice as presented to be along the lines of "Would you prefer to drink acid or slowly stick kebab skewers in both your eyes?" but had there been a petition or a referendum to demand parliamentary debate on the whole issue of the terms of our EU membership, I would have voted "yes" in an instant.

The whole Brexit issue is pack of lies from both sides of the fence as in reality it has never been a binary issue - our relationship with the nations of Europe was and is not defined by our membership of the EU just as it won't be defined by once again not being members. What started to happen the moment the votes were in is a process that can only end in the general consensus that the current government/parliament/ the UK political system is incapable of resolving the issue to the satisfaction of a clear majority.

So, to recap - the country was conned when we joined, conned during our membership and conned as we leave and these star performances were not inflicted on us by the nasty foreigners but by our own dear politicos. Rest assured, the con will continue after we've left and to my mind it'll be a toss-up as to whether any of the benefits of that membership will be retained or even understood until after they've dissolved in the new post-Cock Up reality. 40 odd years down the drain with bugger all to show for it. ....and just think of the next round of choices that are about to be presented: Rees fucking Mogg, Corbyn the Cretin and the UKIP comedy show. So go ahead, spin the wheel and make your bets because they don't matter - the House always wins.

I like the way your swearing comes through in clear, mine always seem to be f***ed *p whenever I talk about the sh*****w that is the **. What a bunch of *ssh*l* *uc*w*ts we have running the country and the **.

See what I mean, for *uc*s sake.

I like the way your swearing comes through in clear, mine always seem to be f***ed *p whenever I talk about the sh*****w that is the **. What a bunch of *ssh*l* *uc*w*ts we have running the country and the **.

See what I mean, for *uc*s sake.

Hmm.

I do indeed see what you mean. Not quite sure what's happening there...maybe as I don't tend to asterisk the f*ck out of my posts on a regular basis that I've given the Higher Powers a misleading impression. Anyway, I'm glad you got something useful out of my rant. ...

Returning to the Brexit theme and expletives: in my distant youth I spent a few very enjoyable years in the antipodes and for some of that time I worked in Western Australia on grain handling camps in fairly remote areas - 100 plus miles to the nearest habitation etc. At one place (Watheroo?), I still remember fondly that amongst the miscellaneous draft dodgers, crims and wastrels from the four corners of the earth there was a particular supervisor. He was a true blue Ozzie, very laid back and laconic and amongst his multiplicity of skills (which included life-saving first aid for snake bites and injuries) he was able to use the word "f*ck" in all its forms and inflections to convey quite complex ideas. On one particular day, the crew that I was working on wrecked a grain elevator which meant some fairly serious down time and, as we stood round him while he got on the two-way radio to report in to base and ask for spare parts and tools, he resumed his account of what was wrong with the elevator with the following sentence: "F*ck. The f*cking f*ckers have f*ckin f*ucked the f*cker and I f*ckin don't f*ckin know how the f*uck we're gonna f*ckin sort the f*cker out before those f*cking cockies* f*cking start f*ckin turning up tomorrow f*ckin morning f*ck it. F*ck." The whole crew were most impressed by this display and applauded with one bloke offering him a warm beer on the spot. I think we were all struck by the way that he followed radio protocol to the tee simply substituting "f*ck" for "Base" at the beginning and "Over" at the end.17 times in one sentence! His name shall live for ever. Well, maybe it would if I could remember it.

*"cockie" was just local slang for farmer.

All this talk of treachery and beheadings is a little OT is it not?

As a matter of interest, do you not have a view about Brexit - as in in or out - or do you just enjoy keeping us all guessing?

Sir Canta is a closet remainer. Mindset is in flux. That's not a spelling error either. Too many signals and not enough minerals I expect.

i spent a few months working on sheep farms in southern australia back in the late 80s......sounds like my old foreman was related to the guy you described........every other word was an expletive....natural poetry at times !

i'm laughing just thinking about him
N

cant we get the plumbers to flood the house of lords as well...........that will speed the old farts up as the tide rises around them ....

All this talk of treachery and beheadings is a little OT is it not?

Sir Canta is a closet remainer. Mindset is in flux. That's not a spelling error either. Too many signals and not enough minerals I expect.

You really don't want to know what's in my closet. It's a bit like the EU - If I showed you inside then I couldn't let you leave. That's just the way it is. We all have our peccadilloes, it's just that mine involve more violence and dismemberment than most.

There is a line in Jude the Obscure which sort of sums up what passes for my mindset: "Done because we are too many"..... only I tend to lean toward being a Do-er rather than joining the Do-ees. That's a little obscure(!) but when has anything on this thread made complete sense? Not you, Att', not you. In fact you might want come and check out my closet:giggle:

I’ve got it you work for the Saudis [emoji16] Att you’re in safe hands [emoji23][emoji1360]