Brexit and the Consequences

Since when has a Brexiter been allowed anywhere near the decision making process, let alone the levers of power. Whatever mess the UK finds itself in rests firmly with those who refuse to accept the vote and by extension, democracy deniers.

Brexit is not democratic imo.

I think that insignificant number clearly demonstrates, Eurosceptics were and still are only a small minority in Parliament. An insignificant number of hardcore Eurosceptics who have hijacked British political, economic and social debate due to the West bombing the ME, ruining tens of millions of lives and devastating the region in their lust for more resources and efforts to change regimes in the name of national interest.

Eurosceptics have always been there, a small group who are opportunists, that have successfully capitalised on the refugee crises, an unintended consequence of bombing the excrement out of the independent states.

Europe have misjudged their policies and underestimated just how many lives were devastated by their military adventures.

UK Parliament is fully in control of regional policies and migration and can at the drop of a hat control migration from non-EU countries. In fact if it desired, it could more than halve migrants with border controls. It chooses not to in the name of economic interest. If Brexiteer's ever get in this position will not change because the UK has an aging population with an impending pension crises, much like US and EU.

So all this mess we find our selves in, imo, is as a consequence of that 26%. Will of the people indeed. :unsure:

Last edited:
So all this hot air from parliament and Barnier is designed to enact a long extension.

There won’t be a people’s vote, there won’t be a GE, it’s all just bluff so that the UK and EU agree to a long extension so that they can work on a scheme to keep us in.

Little do they know of the unintended consequences of such a scheme, little do they know of where we will be at in 2 years time, little do they know !

Remainers that regurgitate this kind of MSM partiality claptrap make up the majority of remainers, sad to say.

No argument remainers:

Jon Snow’s ‘white people’ jibe reveals contempt his type have
https://mol.im/a/6875091

Remainers that regurgitate this kind of MSM partiality claptrap make up the majority of remainers, sad to say.

No argument remainers:

Jon Snow’s ‘white people’ jibe reveals contempt his type have
https://mol.im/a/6875091

Given the nature of the speeches made I suspect John Snow was trying to find a polite way of describing a mass of people of Tommy Robinson’s ilk when words failed him. It was a real gaffe though pretty stupid.

So, two days after Brexit was supposed to have happened, Mrs. May's decided that she now wants to talk to Mr. Corbyn. If that's not a sign of sheer desperation and that today's 7 hour cabinet meeting resulted in sweet FA - then I don't know what is. Hopefully, Corbyn will say on ya bike - and ditto for the EU in their reply to PM's request for an extension. Otherwise, we're looking at Brexit being cancelled altogether and the last three years will prove to have been a monumental waste of everyone's time and money. Or am I missing something . . . ?

So, two days after Brexit was supposed to have happened, Mrs. May's decided that she now wants to talk to Mr. Corbyn. If that's not a sign of sheer desperation and that today's 7 hour cabinet meeting resulted in sweet FA - then I don't know what is. Hopefully, Corbyn will say on ya bike - and ditto for the EU in their reply to PM's request for an extension. Otherwise, we're looking at Brexit being cancelled altogether and the last three years will prove to have been a monumental waste of everyone's time and money. Or am I missing something . . . ?

I wonder how many of the MPs have actually waded through May’s deal rather than just listening to critical sound bites. It’s actually a lot more than brino - considerably more if looked at positively and prepared to suspended disbelief in commitment and goodwill - and it seems fair that government can claim it delivers Brexit. Albeit not the whole hog version beloved of the hard nuts, but it’s a lot harder than a lot of the suggestions being made.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/withdrawal-agreement-and-political-declaration

MAY and Corbyn to agree a Brexit policy. Don't make me laugh.
Lets suppose they did manage to cobble something together, does anyone realistically think that Brexiter MP's wouldn't use the nuclear option of a no confidence vote in the Govt. Over half the cabinet now believes No Deal is the way forward.

So, another 10 days of arsing about, then a confidence vote, then Govt collapse, then EU elections if we haven't left on No Deal.

MAY and Corbyn to agree a Brexit policy. Don't make me laugh.
Lets suppose they did manage to cobble something together, does anyone realistically think that Brexiter MP's wouldn't use the nuclear option of a no confidence vote in the Govt. Over half the cabinet now believes No Deal is the way forward.

So, another 10 days of arsing about, then a confidence vote, then Govt collapse, then EU elections if we haven't left on No Deal.

It goes from bad to worse!

. . . So, another 10 days of arsing about, then a confidence vote, then Govt collapse, then EU elections if we haven't left on No Deal.
Hi c_v,
As much as I'd like to think you're right, I don't think your reading of the situation is correct. It's all about concluding Brexit without leaving without a deal - if you'll forgive the double negative. That WILL unite the house on both sides. Labour MPs won't call - let alone support - a no-confidence motion if their party and leader are instrumental in reaching a deal that avoids no-deal. Mrs. May will end up doing almost everything she said she wouldn't do - but hey, what's new - resulting in a deal that doesn't please (m)any leave voters but is one that the majority of remain supporters (i.e. the bulk of the HoC) can live with. I'm afraid to say the game is up. Leave may have won the referendum, but remain will win in the end. Well done to At', barjon et al - you must be feeling happier this morning than you've felt for a good few years!

The only good that could, possibly, come out of this is that both the Tories and Labour get hit very, very hard at the next general election. It's possible that either UKIP and/or Farage's new party form part of a coalition government on the condition that we do Brexit properly.
Tim.

Last edited:
Hi c_v,
As much as I'd like to think you're right, I don't think your reading of the situation is correct. It's all about concluding Brexit without leaving without a deal - if you'll forgive the double negative. That WILL unite the house on both sides. Labour MPs won't call - let alone support - a no-confidence motion if their party and leader are instrumental in reaching a deal that avoids no-deal. Mrs. May will end up doing almost everything she said she wouldn't do - but hey, what's new - resulting in a deal that doesn't please (m)any leave voters but is one that the majority of remain supporters (i.e. the bulk of the HoC) can live with. I'm afraid to say the game is up. Leave may have won the referendum, but remain will win in the end. Well done to At', barjon et al - you must be feeling happier this morning than you've felt for a good few years!

The only good that could, possibly, come out of this is that both the Tories and Labour get hit very, very hard at the next general election. It's possible that either UKIP and/or Farage's new party form part of a coalition government on the condition that we do Brexit properly.
Tim.
If Corbyn has the brains to sit tight and just watch the Conservatives implode, all he will have to do is to walk over and collect the keys to number 10. He will now make a play of "cooperating" with the Prime Minister's talks just as she will also make a play of "cooperating" with Corbyn. She has made so many enemies that it is only a question of time. She will go down in history as the finisher of the Conservative party unless the Grey Suits step in and do something – but they've let it run for years now in the face of just about our most useless Prime Minister, so they are just as much to blame as anybody. The Conservative party will get all it deserves.

Hi c_v,

Tim.

I think Labour yesterday were being wary of a Tory trap, so that the Tories can blame Labour for no Brexit.

It’s back to party politics, Brexit is just the excuse, I don’t think Brexit is anywhere near over yet, there are a lot of unhappy people waiting to get started.

I think Labour yesterday were being wary of a Tory trap, so that the Tories can blame Labour for no Brexit.

It’s back to party politics, Brexit is just the excuse, I don’t think Brexit is anywhere near over yet, there are a lot of unhappy people waiting to get started.

No sooner have I said that than we get this:

English Democrats begin court battle to prove UK has already left EU
https://mol.im/a/6879215

Hi c_v,

Tim.

Agree Tim but one clarification - I have no issue with the will of the people. If pure Brexit parties wish to form and conduct them selves based on our laws then all good and well. If they get into parliament with a majority and get their bills to pass through HoLs and pursue their agenda as they are able to within our established democratic rules all good ok with me.

As I keep repeating the will of the people or democracy is not a snap shot in time. Our democracy is alive and kicking.

I'm only against the lies and deceits and the false promises made which can not be delivered. The approach was also wrong with no white paper or analysis of what Brexit really means, the impact and the how we get to destination was conveniently ignored.

Carry on with the will of the people. I do hope so. Wouldn't dream of anything else. (y)

Last edited:
Hi c_v,

Tim.

It’s not over until the fat lady sings, Tim. I agree that avoiding “no deal” is the single common thread.

If she’s successful in her latest ploy and she is going to live by what the commons conclude then the end result will be a Brexit softer than hers and people in your neck of the woods won’t even see fishing rights restored. The hard brexiteers have a lot to answer for, they’ve “wildly overplayed a weak hand” (as Daniel Finkelstein would have it) .

When one gets to three digits it's time to slow down a bit

NO! Really? Wow. Respect dude. Good innings and all that.

1554315016913.png